What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Having an expensive few days Wed new spring on the car today we had the satellite dish repositioned. Hopefully out at Tunstall tomorrow depending on the weather .

black knight

Evening lads
Another miserable day. I got a parcel this morning from Amazon a book of 120 short stoies. I'm preparing for an extended lockdown. We live only five minutes walk to the town center. I expected to hear cheering and merrymaking from the hostelries and their customers tonight.

noel

Morning all , no fishing today the trees are being bent double .
We had someone walk passed the static at 02.00 this morning coming back from the pub possibly.

Novice

My poor french beans look almost dead. The wind has battered them. On a plus though the lettuce and carrots have germinated.
Nothing planned today. Thinking of visiting Lakeland in Windermere. We need some stuff. :)

Next lure ready for balancing. This is the hardest bit for me. The most important bit too. Takes a while to get it just as I need it. I could do with an old fishtanks so I can see properly how it floats or sinks. Looking fome the top is not ideal and it would be better to look sideways on.

noel

Bought some bibio seals for from Castlefeathers for the bibio emerger that Davie Mcphail has tied on YouTube and some Veniards Glo Brits yarn for my buzzer emergers so I will have ago when we get back home and bring some gear over here . Had a minor panic this morning when sorting out my car thought I had left my landing net at home ( not that I need it according to ed_t ) it was in the cupboard with my boat motor .

banjo298

The SIL who is a bit more agile than me never uses a landing net. He just runs his hand down the leader and (using barbless hooks) just shakes the fish off so that they never even leave the water. With my waistline especially wearing coat waterproofs or waders etc this is impossible for me!

wobbly face

The SIL who is a bit more agile than me never uses a landing net. He just runs his hand down the leader and (using barbless hooks) just shakes the fish off so that they never even leave the water. With my waistline especially wearing coat waterproofs or waders etc this is impossible for me!
That's not much of a problem when in the river mainly catching small browns and grayling, bigger bows in a lake stood high on a bank is a big stretch.

bibio1st

Might get out after tea for a few hours on the small river that runs through the town, just been on a bike ride and it’s a decent level and clear, my two usual rivers have been up and will be coloured.
Sunshine then showers here today, one plus sign, at the turn round point on my bike ride the pub is open again so I’ll take my wallet next time and have a pint before setting off home (y)

Steve

black knight

It's been a nasty day here and we haven't left the house. Just been watching a documentary on the grand union canal. London to Birmingham. There is one lift with a number of lock gates and thousands of gallons are run off down the canal during their operation. To compensate there is a 220 acre reservoir providing new water. The pumping station was designed by Thomas Telford and is being converted to modern day equipment.
We are about to start a new jigsaw. It's a Kingfisher in all its glorious plumage I do one half of the jigsaw and the wife the other half. In this instance we will both be building the bird.

noel

Morning all , a mixed bag of weather today I might get some outside jobs done at the static the decking needs a good blasting before repainting. I have no idea when fishing is going to happen .

buzzer1234

Ged will be pleased Steve it’s got a smiley face.

Well done Steve B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black knight

Great looking lure Steve, Mr Pike is sure to fall for that one.
We had a squirel for an hour this morning in the Vanita wild life sancturary. She had bought a squirel feeder a week ago and special squirel food. I've just had to secure the feeder in a tree. We put it out on the grass this morning and the squirel found it right away.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Mixed weather, very nice outside in the sun, then it hammers down and is all grey.
Aldi shop done though again couldn't get everything I went for but nothing essential.

Is that perch lure a Colonel SteveN? It has 6 stripes, you know fish can count! Perhaps that's why it doesn't look as grumpy as that last one you did. :)

bibio1st

Anyone else getting some x’s in the reply to post box, been happening a couple of days now🙄
51DE4C3A-DA9A-46A9-A279-66A0E57E7378.png

Alban I wouldn’t encourage the grey vermin into your garden, if they get in your roof they can cause lots of expensive damage.

Steve