What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Has anybody ever fished Embsay reservoir near Skipton. Looks interesting.
Yes I have with my son Steve fifteen years ago. The Fire and Rescue social club had a fishing competition there and Steve was in it. He decided to take me to show me the water we fished all day and had one small RB. I've never fished it since

buzzer1234

Undecided whether to go to Pis.or Dingle this morning, went to Dingle probably a mistake. Started off well first cast a nice R/B followed by another half hour later plus one or two offers then it gradually got slower, everyone was the same, left at 11.15 two others that left before me both blanked.
Water was mainly calm with occasional light breeze, not a lot of fish showing. Was going to make a full day of it but seemed pointless when they completely went off.

Novice

Well done Tom. At least you got out and caught a couple.
I have been busy in the garden all morning and trying to finish my lure. I just could not get things right . When I finally got it done and put the first finish coat on it fell off the drying wheel. Fortunately it was an easy fix.

Hope to get out tomorrow on the river but not sure about the levels yet.

Novice

Yes I have with my son Steve fifteen years ago. The Fire and Rescue social club had a fishing competition there and Steve was in it. He decided to take me to show me the water we fished all day and had one small RB. I've never fished it since
A lot can change in 15 years.

bibio1st

Well done Tom, I generally fish on a Wednesday evening but the weather is naff and the rivers are up, looking at bikes and spinning rods on th computer :rolleyes:

Steve

miabs

Evening all, I had a couple of hours on my local river this afternoon. The first time on a river since Ged's tuition day an age ago. Only saw one fish rise in the whole day, water a little coloured too. I did use the time to work on my casting and my roll cast has been resurrected. 2 herons and a kingfisher up and down the river were the highlights of the time spent. Mantle please.

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Late I know but had problems, not fishing, well almost not!
Well done Tom, 2 better than nowt. 🎣
Unlucky Mark, at least you made the effort and got out.
Went on the PIS with b-i-l, 4 fishing when we got there, very breezy (so much for light winds) and a chill. Water has risen nicely so no fishing in the mud. Not much hatching but a few fish just breaking surface. Started with a dry on point and small buzzer on dropper. Soon had my first fish on the dry. Took a bit of time before I got a second on the buzzer. Fish was just out of comfortable casting range due to the wind. B-i-l had one and few offers but they didn't stick. We decided on a move to get better casting (wind from right to left, moved to get left to right). Things picked up then but it was me who couldn't get the offers to stick. I changed the dry and had fish no: 3. Tried 2 buzzers but no offers so went to a single dry. Had a nice brown, tried for photo with my mobile but it acted stupid so chucked the phone. No it didn't break, unfortunately. B-i-l got into a few fish and then missed a few. It was a difficult day due to the wind, a lot of cold water going in and little fly life hatching off. We knocked a couple of fish but very little food in them.
I ended with 3 bows and 1 brown, b-i-l ended with 2 bows and 2 browns (tiddlers). We both lost several fish and missed quite a few.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Hard luck Mark but at least you wet a line & got some casting practice, have you fished the river before there ?

Well done Ged & B-i-l you had more than me, most of the time on Dingle it was flat calm but a slight wind did get up before I came off. Nearly went up to Pis but Dingle is so handy for me but doesn’t fish as well as Pis.

Novice

Not to worry Mark.
Well done Ged. Sounded a difficult day.
Looks like my planned trip to the river could be off with tonights rain. May try the canal but it is not easy at the moment. The boats are not movinf and it is gin clear and very weedy. On top of that it is covered in parts with thick duck weed. So thick you could almost walk across.

black knight

Evening guys.
Late I know but had problems, not fishing, well almost not!
Well done Tom, 2 better than nowt. 🎣
Unlucky Mark, at least you made the effort and got out.
Went on the PIS with b-i-l, 4 fishing when we got there, very breezy (so much for light winds) and a chill. Water has risen nicely so fishing in the mud. Not much hatching but a few fish just breaking surface. Started with a dry on point and small buzzer on dropper. Soon had my first fish on the dry. Took a bit of time before I got a second on the buzzer. Fish was just out of comfortable casting range due to the wind. B-i-l had one and few offers but they didn't stick. We decided on a move to get better casting (wind from right to left, moved to get left to right). Things picked up then but it was me who couldn't get the offers to stick. I changed the dry and had fish no: 3. Tried 2 buzzers but no offers so went to a single dry. Had a nice brown, tried for photo with my mobile but it acted stupid so chucked the phone. No it didn't break, unfortunately. B-i-l got into a few fish and then missed a few. It was a difficult day due to the wind, a lot of cold water going in and little fly life hatching off. We knocked a couple of fish but very little food in them.
I ended with 3 bows and 1 brown, b-i-l ended with 2 bows and 2 browns (tiddlers). We both lost several fish and missed quite a few.
Well done Ged
Well done Tom
Hard luck Mark it's good to here you're out fishing.
Steve N another great lure it looks a bit like a giant stickleback.
Vanita went for her test results regarding protein in her blood. It's not blood cancer yet but not far off. They are going to monitor her every four months to check if the situation is deteriorating. We are not happy as it feels like an inconclusive outcome.

miabs

Hard luck Mark but at least you wet a line & got some casting practice, have you fished the river before there ?

Well done Ged & B-i-l you had more than me, most of the time on Dingle it was flat calm but a slight wind did get up before I came off. Nearly went up to Pis but Dingle is so handy for me but doesn’t fish as well as Pis.
No Tom, it's the first time I've fished the stretch. Found a few good spots on it for future visits.

Novice

River rising again so a no go. Trying to find somewhere fishable on the canal is not easy either. Too much weed. Worst I have ever seen it. Boats are struggling too when they do try to move. May do some more gardening.

buzzer1234

Just come in from feeding the fish & topping up the bird feeders.

It’s cold!! Not like the middle of summer.

Anyway it’s coffee & biscuit time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Well done SteveN, okay only 2 small perch but it's catching for you. ;)🎣
Done battle with Scottish Power, no joy but have to await email from them next week. I can see this going much further. :mad:
I've not had time to start on the tax man. Phone line crackly and internet been off and on, Virgin Media messing, digging up and laying cables using loud and squeaky machinery. I've got an headache. :(Managed a Morrison's online order, tied the replacement flies.

Latest posts