What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Well done to Noel & Steve (y)

Tight lines at Ladybower on Saturday Steve, you should get amongst the fish in a tube🎣

Novice

Joan has two concerts booked and both are postponed 12 months. One hotel was easy to cancel but the other is a non refundable. Trying to book another hotel for the new date is proving difficult. we are going to try ringing a few hotels direct as booking site do not boo far enough in advance. Good old Corvi-19 strikes again.

bibio1st

Book with a credit card, you get your money back through them if no joy with the place you purchased goods whatever that is.

Steve

Novice

Book with a credit card, you get your money back through them if no joy with the place you purchased goods whatever that is.

Steve
Been through this before. It was booked at a cheaper rate as it was a non refundable booking. The credit card would not refund in this situation. Joan is going to keep the original booking and have a shopping day with her friend. Just need to try and book another day/hotel for the ne concert date.

noel

Morning all, shopping day at Lidl Crook Agnes is going to risk coming in for the 1st time since lockdown, fingers crossed.

black knight

Morning lads
Well done Steve N and Noel.
My new computer has broken down so I have had to get my old one out of storage. It's faster and familiar I think I'll pack away the new one. away.

Novice

What has gone wrong with your new computer Alban? If it is new is it not under guarantee or is it just new to you.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Showery weather this morning, brighter this afternoon but still the odd shower, haven't given the lawns a hair cut (I was planning too), Mrs face has sheared me though.
Visited old mate earlier this afternoon, he's 85 today, looking well though dementia taking it's toll.
New pair of boots arrived this morning that I'm going to use for wading, I've got 2 pairs on the way out. The new ones are actually canyoneering boots so will be interesting to see how they match up to wading boots. If I slip and slide, the soles are good for putting in studs, hopefully I won't need the studs.

black knight

What has gone wrong with your new computer Alban? If it is new is it not under guarantee or is it just new to you.
The computer was purchased in 2010 for Vanita but she never used it. It has been stored in the loft. My son has updated it loading new operating systems and software.

I've been listen to the TV news tonight Blackburn with Darwen are fourth in the country for Corona deaths. Nelson is up there as well. If more deaths occur we could find the district in lock down.

jaybeegee

Afternoon guys.
Showery weather this morning, brighter this afternoon but still the odd shower, haven't given the lawns a hair cut (I was planning too), Mrs face has sheared me though.
Visited old mate earlier this afternoon, he's 85 today, looking well though dementia taking it's toll.
New pair of boots arrived this morning that I'm going to use for wading, I've got 2 pairs on the way out. The new ones are actually canyoneering boots so will be interesting to see how they match up to wading boots. If I slip and slide, the soles are good for putting in studs, hopefully I won't need the studs.
Hope you don’t mind a Tyke on the thread, but I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the canyoneering boots.

B

wobbly face

Hope you don’t mind a Tyke on the thread, but I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the canyoneering boots.

B
B. I intend to post a review after I've worn them. I've changed the laces from bright red ones to black. Unfortunately, they need to be flat laces and I only have round. This is because they have neat eyelet lock on one set of eyelets. There is pocket in the tongue to tuck the laces in when tied to keep them tidy. You can also remove the insole for extra volume inside the boots for neoprene socks, thick socks etc.
I'm a size 9 but got 9.5 (never seen half sizes in wading boots), materials seam solid and a very good tread on the sole, they'll certainly take studs if needed. Described as hiking, mountain approach and canyon wet boots.

Novice

No too bad a day up here. Breezy and cloudy but no rain. Got the lawn cut and all the front conifer hedges. Washing day so the rear privet will have to wait. hope to get to the river Monday or Tuesday. Joan has her first eye appointment since lock down. Not sure how things will pan out regarding mask or no mask. What will the waiting room be like, will there be one. No information just a time and date. Joan

Novice

Just been to the tip. First time since lock down. You are allocated a bay so you can only get rid of one type of waste. Fortunately mine was nearly all non recycling apart form an ole electric sander. They allowed me to put it next to the barrier that separated my bay with small electricals. You are not told it is one type of waste only until you are well and truly stuck in the queue. Appointments only fot trailers. No wonder fly tipping has gone up.