What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

bibio1st

At our tip they ask you what you have, they ask you to park in one of four bays but you can walk to different ones to dump your stuff.

Had an enjoyable afternoon on Ladybower in the tube, a bit breezy blowing into the roadside bank so it was a bit of a challenge first of all but got the hang fairy quickly, had a fish early on to a blob🙄 on an inter line but was quite then apart from a perch, Rich left me in my own after an hour or so and I went down towards the dam, had a chat to Mark Clayton who was there with the Nomads, after that I swapped rods to a floater with a couple of crunches and a db on the top dropper, and picked up a few fish, bumped a few and got snapped twice 🙄, ended with 6-7 to the net including this lump, the photo doesn’t do it justice,

9BFC7552-0439-42B7-AB7A-E35BA1BE626E.jpeg

Steve

wobbly face

Well done Steve b. Tubing is something I've always fancied doing, even made a few enquiries and read reviews on tubes. Just not been able to justify getting one as places and trips would be limited..Not seen Mark in age now, hope he's well.

bibio1st

Yes Ged, he seemed fine, he’d had 6 when I saw him and had a few more after I believe.

As for tubing, not sure how often i’ll Get to do it but wanted to give it a go, most of my takes today were when I was gently going backwards, not something you can do in a boat, Rich says they will be holding the wotr later this year, I will give it another go then probably if not before river levels depending.

Steve

black knight

Well done Steve you finally got afloat it's not easy and you did well.
Nice to hear Mark Clayton is about.
I ordered a new fly line from Sportsfish and it arrived today. It's an Airflo Six Sense fast sink 8
I've been spray cleaning my patio it had gone green as we are close to a number of large trees. A cat stalking birds in our garden got a quick blast of water. It moved like a fired bullet and jumped a 7 foot fence.

bibio1st

Yes Alban, surprisingly it didn’t need much air adding, hung up in the garage since you gave it me, it won’t be another 5years before it’s used again.

Steve

Novice

Well done Steve. Glad you got out in your tube. I bought one off Alban and now Mark has it. I never did get out as I could not get a coach and did not fancy trying on my own. Now we know why you started cycling. :)

bibio1st

It wasn’t the reason but it certainly helped.

Before I went out yesterday we had a heron in the back garden trying to get to the pond, only frogs and newts in but we were in the garden and about 2-3 meters away for about 30 minutes.CC9578B1-B477-49E4-A8C2-1149ADEAE1F6.jpeg

Steve

clayts

Hi Guys - Yes still about and wetting a line every week.. Good to see you Chaps are all keeping well.. Nice to see Steve B yesterday at LB for his first tubing outing and looking very comfortable In the art of armchair fishing.. As well as the NW Nomads duties and outing I’m also a member of PAAS now and a member of a private fishery in Cheshire called Newplatts.. So plenty to go at and wanting to do a bit more on the rivers too..

Be good to meet up again with you LL’s the next time your out and about together let me know..

Cheers,

Mark..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Nice weather we're having this time of year! :cool:
Spent the morning on work party duties, removing several trees that had fallen in the brook. Only 3 of us but we cracked on and soon done. Then went and found 5 others just talking, they wanted to remove some low branches, we did a bit pf pruning instead as water was deep. Always best top leave some hard to get and angler free places on rivers, trout can rest, grow big and multiply then spread out. ;)
Wore my new boots, GREAT so far. (y) review will follow when I've had a days fishing in them.

noel

Agnes busy doing some washing and is having to feel her way back into the static because of the sun on her eye.

noel

Hi Guys - Yes still about and wetting a line every week.. Good to see you Chaps are all keeping well.. Nice to see Steve B yesterday at LB for his first tubing outing and looking very comfortable In the art of armchair fishing.. As well as the NW Nomads duties and outing I’m also a member of PAAS now and a member of a private fishery in Cheshire called Newplatts.. So plenty to go at and wanting to do a bit more on the rivers too..

Be good to meet up again with you LL’s the next time your out and about together let me know..

Cheers,

Mark..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark our next meet will be 2021 possibly at Blencarn but Steve Novice is possibly checking out Embsay at Skipton .

buzzer1234

Well done with the tube yesterday SteveB, a good day for you, I can see the tube being used much more now.

Good to hear from you Mark sounds like your a busy lad!! Hope you & your family are keeping well.

Been working in the garden most of the day, feeling very stiff now will suffer tomorrow.

That greenhouse is coming in very handy for all your lures Steve. 🤣 I’m sure it will catch for you.

Novice

Typical. River was dropping nicely. Getting ready for a day out on Tuesday and it starts raining. Hope it does not rain too much. Grrrrrrrr

noel

Morning all , going to Tunstall this morning just having my cuppa and then I will get ready . Steve N will you be having a drive over to Embsay ?

Novice

Noel my friend went yesterday morning. He was using lures. He managed 3 trout. All caught on service lures. He said he had about 20 strikes. No other anglers but busy with walkers.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
It's wet and very noisy, Virgin Media laying cable. I can't get out of my front gate or get the car of the drive. Just as well I've no plans to go anywhere.
Hoping to get to the river tomorrow to fish. 🎣

Novice

Cleaning my study day. Singing to Big Joe Turner as I dust and polish. Joan comes rushing up thinking I have hurt myself. Says a lot for my singing. eeek

Last edited:

Latest posts