What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Noel my friend went yesterday morning. He was using lures. He managed 3 trout. All caught on service lures. He said he had about 20 strikes. No other anglers but busy with walkers.
Does it sound ok for a meet then next year ?

noel

This may be my last post on the forum as I am getting peed off with the people who run this place . You know where I am on FB.

black knight

Afternoon lads
I have spent a couple of hours sorting out my fishing tackle.I've ordered a new reel a Leeda Profil as I have lost one last season.
Blackburn has been in the news as it is fourth place in the country for the Corona virus cases erupting again. With my luck we will be in lockdown again like Leicester.

black knight

Good luck on the river Ged. I'm just waiting for the appropriate moment to go fishing without putting myself in danger of catching the Corona virus. Sorting my tackle out today brought it home how much I have missed my fishing.

miabs

Good luck Ged.

I'm back from a few hours at the river. Blanked again, no fish rising. The stretch has hardly any flow, looks like a canal!!!
I waded this time, fished a nymph under trees in all what looked like fishy places. Disheartening and frustrating!!

Ged, the Greys streamflex 4# is a beautiful rod to cast. I got my flies in the places I wanted . Its great.

wobbly face

Just keep your distance from everyone else Alban. Take a face mask (just in case) and hand sanitiser. I also take some antibac spray when going up to PIS, I spray all locks and gates.

Unlucky Mark. Problem with fishing and wading very slow water is the wave/wake that pushes ahead of you.. Either slow right down to let things settle or try and fish infront of the wake, not all that easy.
Glad you like the rod. (y)

Novice

Up Early but not rushing out. Off to the river which although came up abit yesterday is falling and should be fishable. Just trying to find my cattle prod. :)

Novice

What a great morning on the river. First the cows where all tucked up behind the hedge at the other end of the field. I walked to the furthest point and started fishing back. Nothing for the first 2 hours. Then at last I got a small trout. Next I got a seatrout. Not had one of those for a while. I kept going but lost one of my own lures, gutted. put another lure on and caught another 8 trout. I also got my first chub. I then hooked something bigger. It swam uo stream the straight into the side. Chub, not a bad one either probably 2 1/2lb. Nearly back to the start and I thought I would try between to over hanging bushes. The thinking that there could be a chub about. First cast and about 2 yards from the bank something big took my lure with a big splash. It took off to the middle of the river and shot up stream. It took a while and some heart stopping moments as my 5lb line rubbed on sunken branches to my left. It started to tire and slow down Int he net. Yep it was a Large Seatrout not a Salmon.My best ever. I came home after that as it started to rain..Salmon 1.jpg

Last edited:

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Well done SteveN 🎣, very nice after the slow start.
Weather has been ........................☃ only 13 C. Mostly grey and a gusty downstream wind.
Went with my mate 10lb 10oz 😷 whilst in the car, glad he drove as I had to take my glasses off, they were steaming up with wearing the face mask.
As to the fishing, I won't bore you all but .................. the new boots were great, very impressed. 🥾
The new rod performed well, a soft tip but with plenty of feel, delicate. I didn't cast any fly line as just used leader and tippet setup and fished duo. Had to change my nymph twice, only works when it has a tail.
No pics, tried the camera on the landing net but too heavy to hold on the net magnet when not in use.
Got home and had to clean front room window, some sh!te hawk had plastered down it, not nice.
Just warming now.