What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Well done Steve N and Ged. Ged I think you are going for a century of brownie. My reel came today and while it is not Orvis or Hardy quality it is perfectly functional. I was going to load the new sinking line but found I had no braided loops.

wobbly face

Well done Ged. Must be the new stance with the new boots.

It's the knowledge of not worrying about slipping and sliding through the river, stealthy approach. :)
Must admit, the river did fish well. My mate 10lb 10oz had 8 before lunch but made the mistake of fishing through water for a second after lunch. Also too much time swapping and changing then getting out of tangles, trees, bushes and other vegetation. :rolleyes: He ended with 14 browns. (y)

bibio1st

Don’t keep us in suspense then Ged, spill the beans on the new boots, I for one could do without the slipping and sliding.

Steve

miabs

Hi all, I've just returned home to find Magda's friend has dropped off her dad's fishing collection for me to make use of. It was in her garage. Its like Christmas Day!! Such a nice thought, Lovely lady.

Novice

First visit to Kendal eye clinic tomorrow for Joan. I think she is a bit nervous. Got some nice face coverings. Thanks Tom/ Hazel. Joan thinks she will not be able to breath with the mask on. I am sure she will but she worries. No idea if I can go in with her or not yet but I suppose we will find out.

black knight

I went to the opticians yesterday with a dry eye problem. He was gowned, masked and visored. I had to look into a machine that has been specially blanked off so you only have a tiny opening between you and the optician. It was an uncomfortable experience. The optician sold me some expensive drops and avoided the question, "Can I have them on prescription?".
That was a nice gift of tackle Mark. You can never have enough tackle.
A window blind arrived today for one of the bedrooms. When I came to put it up it was a quarter of an inch too short. With various adaptions I managed to make it fit. We sent exact window reveal measurements and the blind company was supposed to make the blind fit.
The wife went for a blood test today. In the waiting room a lady sat in the next seat and asians,five of them, sat behind her. Finally, no one was wearing masks and the seats weren't disinfected after they had been used. Vanita complained.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and breezy (not gentle breeze as forecast), cool.
Good luck at the eye clinic SteveN and Joan.
Alban, some people take CV19 serious, others are not bothered. Might worth while to report the matter to local Health Authority.

buzzer1234

Not good Alban, Hazel went to surgery yesterday for blood test, she had to gel hands at entrance & not allowed into waiting room until called for, wearing masks is compulsory.
If you have a doctors appointment you have to wait in your car ring the reception to let them know you have arrived they then call you when to go in, you have to wear a mask at all times you then have to gel your hands, go to the washroom to wash your hands then wait in the waiting room, there are only two chairs in there instead of the dozen or so normally in there. That’s how it should be done, a faff I know but much safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black knight

Vanita`'s back at the clinic today, blood tests and an ECG. She had a number of funny do's since lock down. I'm afraid the old girl is have a number of problems at the moment. I try to make sure she has plenty to do as it keeps her mind off her problems. I'm good like that.
😁

Novice

Back from clinic and Joan had to have one injection. The other eye may need laser. It took 4hrs today. Glad I took a book.
Thanks for your thoughts.