What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

I have been tracking the progress of corona infected people today and cases are still rising in Blackburn and surrounding area. We are one of the worse affected areas in the country. Vanita and I were easing out of lockdown next week she for a hair do and me for physio. I don't think we will be bothering. I can't believe people want to holiday in Spain, a high risk country, and then suffer two weeks quarantine upon return.
My wife is halfway through the interior redesign of the main bedroom. One of my daughters is making cushion covers, a bedding box cover and a throw. Pictures have been ordered on line and most of the ornaments put away. It is starting to look much better thanks to the advice of my daughter Amanda.
Elliott went for and interview today to see if he has a job after furlow. Hundreds of employees have been assessed and given a score. Elliott won't know the outcome until September.
My daughter in law, the nurse, is off work with stress directly attributable to being sent now to different hospitals on a short term basis. Her own ward is now back to geriatric cases but there are only a handful in at the moment.

Novice

Finally going to see if I can get the slow leak on my car tyre fixed. Fed up of adding a couple of pounds pressure every other day.

noel

Hi all , back from a long day out visiting my sister in law and checking in here and received a Like from rubypennel on a post from May 18th 2018 the post was re our 1st meeting with MrTrout stating the time I would get there , is he for real ?

buzzer1234

Heath Robinson springs to mind Steve, but if it works (y)

Been busy decorating again, another day then all paintwork Will be finished then just to wallpaper odd walls.....Then start on the lounge & dining room.

Car going in for comfort software update in the morning, glad you got your tyre sorted Steve.

wobbly face

Evening guys, late I know. :rolleyes:
This morning it was raining and windy, dried up but still windy, then sunny, warm and windy.
I've been on the PIS. 🎣 Went with b-i-l, one other fishing when we got there, he'd had 1 to brown sedge. Several other soon turned up. Morning was a bit slow but I had 2 on a cdc dry, b-i-l had managed 3 to a suspender buzzer. Afternoon fished better though had to make changes. B-i-l fished a black ant as one had landed on his arm and bit him. :LOL: He had 3 to the ant followed by 2 more on a black sedge. He ended with 6 bows and 2 small browns. I switched to a shuttlecock buzzer on point, normal buzzer on dropper. Managed only 1 to the dropper but the shuttlecock worked wonders. I ended with 7 landed, 4 lost at the net and few others long range release and offers missed. The wind came from three different directions.

SteveN, I had a lot of tyre problems with my last car, down to corroded wheel rims. Toyota for you.
Is that a cardboard lathe? :unsure: Just as long as it works.

Shouldn't be decorating on nice days Tom, leave it for the wet weather. :sneaky: I've got some gardening to do tomorrow. 🏡

buzzer1234

Well done Ged I like it when you can get them on drys!!

Lancs live have reported flying ants invading Lancashire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

The fish do like flying ants. I knocked one fish and it had certainly been feeding well: Soldier beetle, small ladybird, leaf hopper, a good size black terrestrial fly (chewed), grass seeds, small goose feathers, a few black ants and loads of small black buzzers.

Novice

Ok so it is a card box with notches in. It will do the job for a one off refurb. I changed my mind about fishing as it was heavy rain this morning. Visited dad and sorted his phone out with a new sim card. He had a frozen food delivery while I was there. He is stil eating well. His walking is not too good and still drags his left foot although he now manages with just a stick.

Well done Ged and B-i-l. No flying ants up here yet.

black knight

Well done Ged I bet it was breezy on the fishery.
Well our local news grows worse and strict measures have been announced for people distancing. Those who have not been following the rules have been singled out not that it will make much difference to them. I don't know why the government haven't closed pubs, restaurants, religious meeting halls and parks.
I was in the front garden this afternoon and a flying ant landed on the back of my hand. We are in the grip of an invasion in Lancashire of flying ants.

noel

Back home 1st load of washing on the line by my dear lady . One of our neighbours was kind enough to put the general and green waste out whilst we were away .

wobbly face

Afternoon guys, should have been morning but for some strange reason I couldn't post and lost connection!
Very warm and breezy, managed to trim the front bushes and only mowed the back lawn.
Yes Alban, new measures across GT Manchester, Blackburn and areas, Rossendale (who were very low in CV) and West Yorkshire (Kirklees). Very frustrating and confusing now! Pubs and the like will not close as money talks. I know that some small churches that are still closed as difficult to distance. Nothing stopping people in controlled areas from travelling to non control areas. You can still bubble.

black knight

I've cancelled my physio which was on on Tuesday. The owner of the fitness business is seeking clarification about continuing to operate. We should have had a cleaner start today and Vanita has cancelled her. I've been to the optician again. I have already been with dry eye and now I have an eyelid cyst and Blepharitis. I'm cracking up.
I'm extending my lock down and will assess the situation in a months time. I'm afraid the fly rods will have to remain in furlow for a bit longer.

noel

Morning all, gardening day today Agnes cuts the grass and I will do the wedding and shrubs ,I need to redo the tall conifers they have become loose in their pots .

black knight

Well done Mark on brook fishing those two trout were beautiful.
Steve N, you chopped the end of your finger. Yesterday I was compacting the pedal bin and felt a sharp biting pain in my little finger. My wife had thrown a tin lid in the bin instead of recycling. My little finger knuckle was a mess and bled profusely as I'm on blood thinners. The lid had cut the skin off the knuckle. This morning it is looking better and things have knitted together.

Latest posts