What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

For those of you who don't read the matchcatch thread Rio are now selling the improved version of the Real Gold for £120.

Novice

Well done Mark. Well done also for not giving up.

Hope your finger heals quickly Alban. Mine is looking loads better but still a little sensitive.

Novice

Little rod is finished. Not professional whipping but fine by my standards. The rod now has 9 eyes including tip instead of the 5 before. I have used small single leg Chinese specials. 2mm to 6mm. I ended up using some Pearsalls Naples silk in pink. 😁
The rod had terrible line cross on the blank. It is much better now. I do not think it is possible to completely eliminate line cross with the ring up when using a bait caster. There is a method called spiral wrap. This is where the eyes start on too the spiral towards the tip ending with the tip ring pointing down. Too complicated for me.

black knight

A friend of Vanita has had her husband taken away this afternoon in an ambulance he keeps falling and has alzheimers and dementia. They took the chap to A&E and left him on a trolley. Guess what he fell off and has seriously injured himself. His wife sent a note to say that he shouldn't be left unattended and not in an open sided trolley.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Had some very heavy but short showers earlier, some blue sly now.
Workmen turned up from Virgin Media laying cables ........... again. I thought they may just do an entire area and get on with things, but NO! It's pain as they block pavements and roads, don't let people know when they are working and are mucky with it.

That's not good at all Alban, disgusting in fact. :mad:

Novice

That time of year coming soon, time to get a broadband deal. Vodafone are doing a good deal on fttc at 63mb cheap after deducting new user gift than my current provider Plusnet who I want to leave as they are rubbish at billing.
Does any one have Vodafone and what are they like?

black knight

Afternoon lads
Steve is it pink to make the female fish wink?
The chap who fell off the hospital trolley is on an observation ward.
Weather has been mixed today so we didn't get out in the garden. We have a hedgehog coming for food every night and up to fifty birds during the day. There are three cats stalking the birds most days and I have to be vigilant and chase them away. The birds are soon aware of the cats and warning bird squawks sending the gathering flocks flying away at speed.

Last edited:

noel

Sorry Steve I am on Now broadband 36mbs and all inclusive phone calls and a bonus gift of 3 months Entertainment TV package for £25 .

Novice

Thanks Noel. Plusnet bill just became available and seems wrong again. Oh just on one month to go and I can escape.

Alban I was going to use black Gossamer but it was too hard to see. I quite like the magenta wraps.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Can't help you with broadband deals and packages SteveN. I'm hoping for a resolution with energy company after their huge chicken up. :rolleyes: Eventually heard from customer services (they contacted me) when I decided to switch last week, only been with this shower since April.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Bit damp early this morning though a few threatening clouds about.
Chaos again due to virgin Media and cable laying. Managed an Aldi shop, most wearing face coverings, some staff wasn't.
Next door to me have just had visitors, so much for following CV advice, rules etc. Eldest daughter there, grandson stopping (been there since Friday and not eldest daughter's kid), niece and her mother. 4 different households. I've not said anything as they could all meet up in a pub along with loads of total strangers. Recent rules are just barmy!
Going to see what Scottish Power has sent me via email.

Last edited:

noel

Our neighbours had a party until 2 am in the back garden on Saturday I had to close all the windows and doors to keep the noise out .