What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Warm but grey this morning, now very warm with some sun coming through now and then.
Washed the car now dealing with fishing club matters, nightmare!!!!!
Still haven't heard or had email from Scottish Power re resolution to our complaints, another email sent to them, luckily we switch over to new supplier next week but SP owes me money.

SteveN, my b-i-l fitted a new oven light and it went bang (the old did aswell). Bought another new light but when home found it to be a fridge light, he still fitted and no bang and works. 💡(y)

black knight

We had a new kitchen fitted in November. Today I was pulling the handle on the pan drawer under the oven and it came away in my hand. On closer inspection there was only 1/8th of screw thread an inch poking through the drawer front to screw into the handle. Fortunately I had some longer screws which did the job. Screwing up the handle in a drawer full of bits and pieces I caught my little finger knuckle that I gashed a few days ago there was blood everywhere.

noel

House insurance paid and a new 4 pce garden furniture set bought a productive 30 mins .

wobbly face

Afternoon/evening guys.
Very warm but clouding over now. Been a busy and frustrating day.
Well done Mark, one caught and one lost. I'm sure as you get to know the methods and the rivers the fish will multiply. 🎣 (y)

For those that knew Keith Benson, I have to sadly announce that he passed away earlier this weak.
Thoughts and sympathies go out to his family and close friends, he'll be missed at PIS.

miabs

Afternoon/evening guys.
Very warm but clouding over now. Been a busy and frustrating day.
Well done Mark, one caught and one lost. I'm sure as you get to know the methods and the rivers the fish will multiply. (y)

For those that knew Keith Benson, I have to sadly announce that he passed away earlier this weak.
Thoughts and sympathies go out to his family and close friends, he'll be missed at PIS.
I'm learning a lot Ged, thanks.

It's really sad news about Keith, I didn't know he was unwell.
Such a nice man, always had time for a chat with me. He will be missed.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

black knight

I'm very sorry to hear of Keith's passing we were good friends I was a club secretary and he was a chairman so we had much in common. When I joined PIS he was very helpful. He was Mr PIS fishing club until illness forced him to take a back seat. He will be sadly missed.
Ged, do you know what Keith died off?

buzzer1234

Well done Mark you seem to be enjoying your river fishing.

Sorry to hear of Keith’s passing, worked hard for the club & a gentleman.

Still busy with the decorating but coming along nicely

wobbly face

Well done Steve b. Perhaps more will come when you get proficient in the tube.

Alban, awaiting postmortem. Early report said he passed away some time Saturday. Unfortunately he wasn't found until 22:30 Tuesday night, Police had to break in. His daughter had travelled up from Brighton when he couldn't be contacted by phone. No suspicious circumstances, no trauma. I spoke to him last Friday and he sounded well, he was hoping to be up at PIS on the Wednesday just gone.

noel

Morning all , I had forgotten the hospital has cocked up Agnes is going in for another scan only 4 weeks since her last , she is going in to prove a point about the lack of seeing a consultant in 2 yrs .

bibio1st

Got a wasp in my cycle helmet tonight, stung me before I could stop and take it off, it won’t be stinging anyone else again though.

Steve

wobbly face

Good evening guys, very late I know. :rolleyes:
Been fishing the river Dee at Llangollen. Was starting with dry fly until my rod being used for the first time broke. :sick::cry:. Luckily JT allowed me to use his. 🎣 Had a small grayling and a salmon parr to my CDC dry size 20. Due to the light and wind conditions JT suggested I go bigger, hair wing sedge but too big. So on with another of my cdc dries but size 18 with pink cdc as a sighter added to the wing. ;)
This produced 6 grayling and another salmon parr. Later changed to nymphs and borrowed Andy C's rod, double nymph but the fish weren't really onto nymphs. Did catch about 8 grayling and half dozen salmon parr but the grayling were all smaller than those on dries.
A difficult day but enjoyable, apart from the cold this morning, broken rod, noisy helicopter and plenty of walking.
Hopefully got to do a little vid of best grayling I caught.

Not good wasps sting, or any sting Steve b.

bibio1st

I’ve been meaning to get over to the Dee myself but none of the reports I’ve heard have been positive, shame about the rod breaking, which one was it?

Steve

Latest posts