What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Morning guys.
A bit cooler though damp. Not much in the way of thunder or heavy rain here last night.
Had a phone call from newly Granddad Bill last night :), he's well though hasn't been out fishing but is planning too. No doubt granddad duties will take over from fishing once covid is sorted.
Going to tie a few bead head hare's ears with orange tags. ;)

Novice

That was some light show last nigh/ this morning. Never stopped thunder and lightning for over 5 hours. Wow just wow.
Warming up again for round two.
Get ready Earl it is heading your way.

Last edited:

noel

Ordered some garden furniture not supposed to arrive until Thursday but it arrived this morning, it says 30 mins to assemble it has taken me that just to get it sorted and this heat doesn't help .

banjo298

I recently bought a bbq which stated anyone could assemble it in about 45 mins. It took me over 2 hours!

buzzer1234

I fitted a new lamp shade today all of two minutes!!🤣🤣

I couldn’t get to sleep last night the bedroom was lighting up non stop, hardly any thunder though, went downstairs for a while then back to bed , Hazel said she got woken up about 4 am. With thunder & lightning & heavy rain, I slept through it.

Got new curtains this morning more expensive ones!! took the others back, called in a furniture shop & saw a nice leather suite we both liked, going to look at another shop in the morning to see if we can find anything else we like. This will be instead of a cruise that we would have gone on if it weren’t for Covid 19.

noel

Our friend in Heysham is putting her house on the market I think it will be sold as a project and she will be lucky to get £120k , the benefit for us she is moving to a church property near Clitheroe which when we go to Barnsfold I can come through and drop Agnes off .

black knight

That was one hell of a thunder storm last night and it went on for hours. They have warned there may be another one tonight.
The wife went back to slimmer's world tonight on a one to one basis she knew the findings would be bad and has vowed to get the excess lock down weight off within three months.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Nice and sunny though going to be very warm. Bit of thunder and rain early hours this morning but nothing drastic.
Very noisy yesterday due to Virgin Media cable laying ............... still! Could be the same today though hoping for less noise, also bin day so chaos.

noel

It's our bin day on Friday normal household waste isn't to bad but the glass , cardboard and plastics have not been done for 2 months it is also green waste day .

banjo298

Up here we have one wheely bin for everything emptied weekly! Apparently I’m told they did try different bins for recycling but everyone refused to use them, or put smelly stuff in which ever bin was to be collected that week. I’m also lead to believe that the council now pays literally thousands of pounds to store all the excess bins in a warehouse in Dumfries. There’s rumours recycling is to be started soon but the council don’t dare!

noel

I used to take my green waste but we have to make an appointment to go now we are dreading the autumn as I can fill my car with the seats down twice in a day .

bibio1st

It’s too hot :(

Spectacular lightning here last night, midnight to about 3am very load thunder and heavy rain, Goyt and Dane on the way down again but heavily coloured and not worth trying, might be ok tomorrow.

Steve

buzzer1234

We have had a little bit of rain this evening but that is all, I believe Wigan has had it bad, one house has been hit with lightning.

Novice

Some thunder and lightning last night. A long way away but we did have a little rain. Garden won't need watering a least.
My river is dropping and just about fishable but I won't be going until next week. I won't mind if we have light rain as it tends to calm the cows down.

black knight

Morning lads
Another firework display last night and showers. Yesterday was too hot in the garden and we were driven indoors as the temperature soared. Last night I did a bit of spying our lady neighbour hadn't followed her normal patterns and I was trying to establish if she was ok. On the way to her bungalow I came across our resident hedgehog. He's big he just stood on the lawn staring at me totally unnerved by our meeting.