What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

bibio1st

My windows 10 is slow at the moment, has been for a few days, usually happens when theres been an update and it's a few days before they get the bugs sorted.

Steve

noel

Hi all at the static for the next 10 days after our son and his family used it for a few days they as far as I know have been on a no food diet apart from the sweets and crisps nothing else been used .

Novice

Phone still noisy and BB on and off. Plusnet not taking calls as they are too busy so I cannot report the fault. I bet there is a high volume of faults with all the storms we have had. Hoping I can get it sorted before the swap. Still one way to find out about Vodafone service.

Novice

Now that looks a nice place to self isolate. Is that a nice bit of Welsh slate by anychance?

chesscar

Now that looks a nice place to self isolate. Is that a nice bit of Welsh slate by anychance?
There ain’t a lot that gets past you Steve. Yes, just outside of Builth Wells...but probably not pronounced like that. Maybe that’s why I didn’t catch - language differences

black knight

Talking of more feed Vanita asked me to put the hedgehog food out tonight at 8.30pm. She then went and checked it and informed me I had been stingy with the measure. At 10.50 pm I went out with some more and the spiky visitor was there and had eaten up. I put some more food down and it never moved an inch. Now the wife has read on Google that Hedgehogs should have pottery bowls for food and water. She's already mentioned a HH box for the winter. It'll be blankets and hot water bottles next.
I learned today that Blackburn's daily Corona virus infection cases have dropped but Pendle are still rising. I live betwixt the two.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and breezy, temp cool so pleasant if doing any hard work (which I'm not :ROFLMAO:).

Baz, that stream looks dead. High tree canopy blocking out sunlight, slate bedrock which isn't good for invertebrates or breading grounds for the fish to spawn. Any fish will have to rely on insects dropping off the trees. Any fish there will be small, I hope I'm wrong! :cautious:

Novice

Hot and sunny again. Thought I would do the hedges and lawn while it was cooler in the morning. Two hedges done and lawn cut but far too hot. Still it is done now so I can relax for 10 minutes.

chesscar

Ged...you were probably right. But it is difficult to tell - either no fish, or fish there but I couldn’t catch um😀😀 as much as I take your word for it, it could still be my profound skill in the blank. Did see a little fly life coming off, though not much. Though very little other forms of life...oh, a sheep! Almost forgot😃

wobbly face

I've had to retrieve 3 sheep, one small black one which had it's stuck in a fence next to the river (it didn't thank me), one which needed me and my mate to get it out of the river only for it to roll back in, ungrateful woolly bu99er. Third was another small black sheep which was dead bait. I did get some natural black wool which I was only using earlier this morning for a midge pattern. ;)

Novice

Ewe did well there Ged. Saving them all baaaaaa one.

I'll get my coat.

Last edited:

black knight

Evening lads
I've had to rescue many a sheep from the sluice way at the side of the Lower Ogden. I didn't do it on my own.
We've been putting in more shrubs and ivy in the boundary fence bed. We have over a dozen panels that look bare and unattractive hopefully when the new plantings flourish the fence will look better.
I've been watching VJ Day memorials today 6300 British soldiers died in the POW camps run by the Japanese. The atrocities POW had to suffer were barbaric and the Japanese soldiers were the cruelest in the world at that time. The Japanese government has apologies today but it hardly makes up for the things they did in the war like Peal Harbor, the Burma Railway and the prison camps.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Damp and windy this morning.
Question, how the hell do snails manage to get into the bird feeder? Had to remove one this morning as it was blocking the feeder hole.

Well done Steve b, nice grayling. 🎣

banjo298

In years long gone by whilst still in the fire brigade we got turned out to a house complaining of a strange burning smell. On arrival no sign of fire but definitely a smell. Eventually one of us spotted a strange coloured thin whispy smoke coming from an electrical socket. Once we removed the face plate we found the problem. Two large slugs were draped across the electrical terminals gently frying away!

buzzer1234

Well done Steve B a good day on the river, nice grayling!!

Childminding done for the week & decorating finished so can go fishing this week.....Look at the weather!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Well done on the fishing Steve.

I am hoping to get fishing this week. River has dropped nicely so just hope the rain holds off and it does not rise again.