What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Morning all , I was going to go fishing today but it took me forever to get into a good sleep , woke up at 10.45 and now it is raining heavy .

chesscar

That's a lovely looking grayling Steve. Sounds like a cracking session

Last edited:

black knight

Well done with the fishing Steve.
We've had a restful day today with no gardening thank goodness.
I've just been looking up Stocks reservoir catch returns.The reservoir is not fishing too well at the moment. I'm trying to build up the courage to go fishing but while the Corona virus is still doing its worst in my area I'm hiding. I must admit to suffering from 22 weeks of isolation.

bibio1st

If you’re sensible and take hand sanitizer, gloves and keep away from other anglers you should be ok Alban, there’s little risk out in the countryside, a change of scenery and a bit of fishing would do you good.

Steve

Novice

Plusnet actually rung me about my fault. Of course no line fault found. Agreed there had been broadband issues so the answer is to increase the noise level to reduce my speed. They said they will ring back in few days to check on things. Just 2 weeks before I move providers. Would have been good to swap with no outstanding issues. I am moving over to FTTC so it will be interesting if I get the estimated speeds. Just hope the line stays quieter than it is now,

noel

Hi all , back in from a funny days fishing at Tunstall rose over a dozen fish to my dries but they just wouldn't take them until I put on a black CDC emerger a fish of under a pound took it as it hit the water ran with it for 5 secs and on spitting it out in the air it was taken by a nice 2.5 lb , lunch for me sometime .

buzzer1234

Well done Noel, best to let the small ones pass it on the bigger ones!! Shame about the ones you missed but I find with dry fly fishing you do get a lot of offers that you don’t connect with.

My big toe is still bothering me so had an appointment with doctor this morning, hard work as I could hardly hear a word she was saying behind her mask & face protector, have to go back on Thursday to have my bloods done, I already had an appointment booked to have my ears syringed so they are doing my bloods at the same time.
She is going to get me an appointment at the hospital to have an ultrasound & X-ray on my foot that should be fun..Not.

Nice flies Steve, won’t be long before you’re piking again.

black knight

Well done Noel you're the man.
In my town Great Harwood the Police have closed a town centre pub for breaking the rules twice. I believe Asians had a wedding party of 100 people in an Asian restaurant in Backburn this has now been closed. This just shows that some people are totally disregarding Government rules and not interested in try to reduce Corona virus infection.

noel

Afternoon all , been out to do a small top up shop for our stay at the static and called into the suppliers of our caravan to get a shin for the exterior door they had nothing but on returning to the static I did another search on the web with a different search criteria and found what we need "hopefully " .

banjo298

Car insurance renewal time (known as what a farce, your having a laugh)!

My company quoted 228. Compare the market gave zillions of quotes, the best being 206 but included many extras my present company doesn’t. Out of interest I looked at Rias, great, theirs was 174, but on closer inspection by the time I’d added the extras it was close to 240. I then took out and paid for the 206 policy but had to ring my present company to tell them that I’m cancelling. Surprise surprise they can instantly beat any quote I’ve been given. On my quoting Rias’s 174 her voice fell and thanked me for my past custom!

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Wet, well today at the moment. Yesterday started wet, then dried up, Monday wasn't too bad but was a shopping day. Sunday, can' remember! Not been online due to being ....................... OFF line. Just got internet back on after a visit from Open Reach engineer, new master socket/box fitted, line tests are all good. Any more issues could be internal cables or router.
Went fishing yesterday to the brook, didn't start well as went to ASDA for petrol, station closed so good job I had enough electric. Had to go in store as needed 3 items, only managed to get 2. Last time in ASDA was before start of lock down, was also last time I filled up with petrol. Right, to the fishing.
I fished duo, size 18 grey nymph 2mm bead on point with size 16 all cdc dry fly. Used my 7ft 9in #4 rod but was only casting the leader, 7.6ft tapered with 3.6ft tippet with 2.6ft from dropper to point. Best fish (had several) went 10 inch but ended with a dozen fish to the nymph and .............;) to the dry. My mate 10lb 10oz was fishing but didn't get his final tally, but over dozen. His mate also fishing had over 20 when I left, they were still fishing when I left. I had a total of 41. All wild browns. (y)

Well done Noel at Tunstall, strange way of getting your dry to a fish. :ROFLMAO:

black knight

Well done Ged.
We are in lock down until 7 September when the situation will be reviewed. We can't have our children in our house or garden. Things are still bad in Hyndburn, Pendle, and Blackburn with the Corona virus cases increasing. The police have reported finding more gathering of over 30 people. When will these idiots learn?

wobbly face

Alban, deputy leader of Manchester Council said one person who organised a party has been fined £100 (not enough), apparently it was suppose to be for 20 people but after putting it out on social media it escalated to 200. Stupid for putting on social media. However, he did go on to say that he would like those that also attended to be fined £100 aswell.

black knight

I despair Ged a £100 fine is not a deterrent and doesn't reflect the seriousness of the breaking the Rules. £2000 would be more appropriate. I believe the virus victim number is rising in Rochdale.

wobbly face

Virus numbers is the same other places Alban, on the rise but the death rate is reducing. More tests hence more positive results. It's the younger ones testing positive and they have a higher survival rate. Fear is they take it home to parents and elderly relatives, it's the older people with health issues that then suffer. Unless it effects the youngsters directly, then they won't take heed.

Last edited: