What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Hi lads
It's great to have the wife back though she is not up to scratch yet. It's such a relief that I don't have to train a new slave I don't have the patience. We are struggling to get the official all clear. The hospital didn't send it until 6pm Monday to Preston who have sent it to Chester. It is unlikely that the result will be published until Wednesday or later. What a poor service. I watched the news at tea time and it reported that Corona virus testing is in a mess. People can't get a test locally and are encouraged to travel over a hundred miles to a testing station. Processing is backing up and it is no longer 48 hours turn around but any number of days.

Last edited:

banjo298

Over the next week I have to have three visits to hospital for minor proceedures/ tests. Before I can go I have to have a Covid test. It was arranged by the hospital in two days! Going for it later this morning.

banjo298

Just back from the Covid test. What a farce! I had two! At the local hospital I followed the testing signs in the car park and was dealt with immediately with no wait. The test was a do it yourself job which I found very difficult to do as it caused me to gag and sneeze. When the operative came to collect my completed test. He told me I was in the wrong place and directed me to a separate part of the hospital. Despite now being late for my appointment again there was no wait. This time the test was done by nhs personnel who put the swabs far deeper into my nose and throat than I managed myself! I doubt my self administered test would have produced a proper result! Just have to wait for the result now but I’m told I’ll only be notified if it’s positive, until then just assume I’m not!

Novice

Back from fishing. I am worn out. First off I got to my usual stretch walked to the far end, cows in field but left me alone. Got to the farthest point intending to fish back but I had left my net on the car. Oops. Back to car, more cows, decided to fish a closer swim. Tom your friendly stranger had just come off that swim because of bulls.
Ok next I went to another section.
Decided to try for Chub. Had to go through a small gate first. Turned round too shut it and stood on a great big nail sticking out of some rotten wood which I think may have once been a step. Fortunately the mail went between my toes and did no damage apart from putting a hole in my waders.
Change of swim. Going for Perch. Micro frogs. Managed my first ever Perch from this river. Not big but who cares.
Time for home. Spotted a gate to another bit of river that I have not fished. It looked so inviting. Went to have a look. Cast to a small bush and hooked a nice Chub. It went straight for the snag. Lost the fish but even worse I broke my net handle. That was the last straw. Back home tired but safe.Best Perch.jpgt to a

Last edited:

chesscar

Darn StevenN, I had my hopes on off-loading the Mantle. I’ll have to take it out of the bubble wrap now. Well done on catching, lovely little perch...sounds like it was well deserved after your adventures 👍

Novice

I was a close call Baz. Looking forward to my next visit through the safe gate. It looked a lovely stretch. Not much balsam for quite a good length and some good looking Chub spots(willow trees))

buzzer1234

Evening lads, difficult day for you Steve especially with that nail!! could have been very nasty, still you caughtwell done.

Hope it’s a good result or you Earl. I have hospital appointment next Sunday 10 am. at Chorley for an ultrasound on my foot.

Been on Dingle this morning 6 hours 6 fish landed I brought 3 home for one of our neighbours, lost 4 & missed many offers. Three of the fish were blues.

Sorry Baz.

black knight

Well done Steve and Tom. I was thinking of going to Barns fold but I've chickened out. The week has been too stressful.
Vanita's test for CV taken on Sunday has not materialized we can only assume there is a processing backlog. Steve,Alban J and Amanda can't go to work until a negative result is confirmed.We were at Hospital this morning Vanita's Warfrin levels are too high due to her illness and poor eating.

banjo298

Just got my COVID test results in well under 24 hours. I was very worried as they told me I’d only be contacted if I was positive. Turns out I’m negative, so tomorrow I can go for next hospital appointment. Not looking forwards to that. A camera up the penis for a bladder exam and biopsy!

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Not too bad a day so far, breeze is picking up a bit.
I hope they haven't lost Vanita's test Alban! Unfortunately one illness can impact on other health issues and medication levels, and that's without covid.
Good luck with the camera tomorrow Earl, best to keep a smile all the same. :eek:

Novice

Good job the waders are a bit big for me. Boy was I blessed. This is not the actual nail it was a bigger, longer and rusty nail. Now how do I fix it?FB_IMG_1600342001448.jpg