What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

SteveN, how about a bit of plastic or rubber pushed into the hole and glued?
That is what I am thinking. I have a hook and i thought if I pull through from the inside or outside a big chunk of an old innertube and glue it then put a patch on the inside.

Novice

Done it Ged. Put the hook in from the outside then pulled a loop some strong nylon through. I then place a folded piece of rubber in said loop and pulled through leaving flush. Before pulling through I applied some, actually quite a lot, of that black stuff you use for wader repair. Leaving it to dry and see what happens. Fortunately I do not wade often with these as they are to keep legs and feet dry and protection when scrambling about plus to keep my knees dry when kneeling.

Hopefully that will sort it.

noel

We were going away tomorrow to the static but Co. Durham is now in Lockdown so my dear lady is in turmoil .

chesscar

We were going away tomorrow to the static but Co. Durham is now in Lockdown so my dear lady is in turmoil .
Sorry to hear that Noel. I think there’s gonna be a few more places soon enough. Isn’t it funny how there seems to have been a sharp rise since schools went back in...just saying

bibio1st

I think it was before that Baz, when the pubs opened again and people thought the worst was over was the start of it, I can’t see things getting better over the winter months.

Steve

noel

Agnes has decided that we will go over to empty the fridge and freezer tomorrow and to only knock on the door of our daughter and son .

wobbly face

Fingers and eyes crossed for the wader repair SteveN.
Never mind Noel, I'm certain Agnes will enjoy the next trip all the more. Just hope it isn't too long a wait.
I was always told that kids are the supper spreaders of germs. :sick:
Steve b, we can't have the pubs shut now can we. :rolleyes: A school in Stacksteads, Bacup had to shut as too many teachers came down with covid after attending a party for an ex-colleague.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another bright and sunny day, bit cool with a breeze.
I'm now suppose to be on fibre (good for the bowels apparently )💩:ROFLMAO: broadband. Haven't checked speed but this site seams a bit quicker to load, I've not changed my router (and hoping not too).
Good luck everyone with latest measures ruling our lives, stay safe.

noel

Morning all, going over to the static but on the way calling in to see our daughter and son Agnes will keep quiet with him and his wife as they believe everyone only uses a mobile these days I will let you read between the lines.

banjo298

Just back from the hospital. Took more than two hours after my appointment time before I was seen. I can confirm that a camera up the penis is extremely uncomfortable rather than painful, but interesting to watch on the tv screen next to my head. Fortunately the exam proved nothing wrong internally with my bladder, but you could clearly see my enlarged prostate! Just the flow test on Monday to wait for.

glueman

Morning guys.
Another bright and sunny day, bit cool with a breeze.
I'm now suppose to be on fibre (good for the bowels apparently )💩:ROFLMAO: broadband. Haven't checked speed but this site seams a bit quicker to load, I've not changed my router (and hoping not too).
Good luck everyone with latest measures ruling our lives, stay safe.
Fibre for broadband ha ha

noel

Hoping everything is ok for you Earl .
Back from the static we are now debating (well Agnes is ) if our eldest grandson will be allowed to use it again it was a tip .

banjo298

That’s the trouble with letting anyone else use it Noel. Even close family don’t keep up to your own standards. It’s one thing that stopped me buying one years ago!

It’s only about £3.50 a pint in pubs around here!

banjo298

Tomorrow I’m fishing in my fly tying club comp at Alderneuk, so just been sorting out some tackle. What with the virus lockdown and various medical problems I’ve hardly fished at all this year. If you discount a few salmon trips the trout trips could easily be counted on one hand. My fly boxes are a disgrace. They need to be binned and started again. Especially after going to the fly tying lessons I’m utterly ashamed at the state of my early flies.

Latest posts