What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Not sure how the proposed new restrictions apply to me going fishing and Joan meeting friends in a pub. Joan will be going to Blackpool where there are no restrictions.

wobbly face

Well guys, internet down when I got home this evening from a few hours fishing (I sneaked off :whistle:).
Swapped my router to the one ISP sent me, now up and running though speed isn't that much better at present! :unsure:
Anyway, the fishing ................ fished local river (used to be polluted to hell, still stinks :sick:) for the first time (had viewed it a bit 👀 ). Went with b-i-l and fished a couple of pools, not too good with 2 fishing same spots. He used dry and I used duo, guess who caught? ;)
I had 2 very good conditioned browns, not big (10 to 11 inch) but plump and very silver coloured. Both on my grey nymph. (y)

Good luck with the rest of the health screening Earl and with the fishing. 🎣

chesscar

Good luck with the rest of the tests Earl, and the fishing tomorrow. If I can catch (well, I did once, I remember) on one of my flies, then you’ll do just fine.
Isn’t fibre suppose to clear out the pipe work...surely the download should be quicker...quick wipe and your away.
We re away in da van...no fishing...Don’t worry y’all, Mantle put in safe behind the painting...the one of a safe👍

black knight

Even all
I once had to extract a 4 inch nail that had gone through a man's foot. He had jumped over a fence and landed on a fallen fence rail with nail protruding.
Mrs BK much the same today only just ticking over.
The number of infected people in Hyndburn area is rising alarmingly. Heavier controls are being applied from Tuesday. I'm not sure who should take the blame for the sudden spike in CV cases, the public or the government.
.Steve apply a rubber patch on the inside of the boot it should work.

wobbly face

SteveN, thank for that link. Came up with 31ms ping, 37.01 mbps download and 9.38 mbps upload. So that's all okay. (y)
Sorry to hear Vanita is still poorly Alban. Get her on the old chicken soup.
A lot high covid cases all round now, is it just a matter of time? People are fed up, some never bothered in the first place, Government making a mess and won't close the pubs.

buzzer1234

Just tried that link this is what I’m getting.

Will take a few days for the antibiotics to kick in Alban, hope she soon improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Just a quick note on the speedtest link. There could be an anomaly if you use Safari browser. For some reason if I use safari you get nearly double the speed. Chrome is fine.

Also if you look at you router you should be able to find your sync speed.

Earl Vodafone have an app which will show your sync speed.

Last edited:

Novice

I blame Ged. I have started to have issues with my broad band. Disconnects and my upload speed has dropped to just 0.4mb. Down load speed is lower than it was but OK

wobbly face

Morning guys.
I'll keep quiet in future. :whistle: I'm suppose be on fibre @ 36 mbps download. 10 mbps upload but that does depend on router capabilities, not sure about Ping!
Well it's grey and breezy, though some blue showing.
Got to replace 2 flies lost to rock bottom yesterday, couldn't free them due to not wading. :eek:

Novice

Washing day here and we have a food delivery.

What are you betting even though covid cases are on the way up my dad will be off out. He seems to think because he has a mask on he is safe. I tried things and to make sure he washes his hands but does he listen. Not on your nelly.

Got a pass for Monday so I'll be trying the new bit of river and hopefully not break my net again.

wobbly face

I don't believe it Victor Meldrew. I've now tested line speed through 4 different links, all with different results. The best, through my router (TalkTalk) which gave 40 mbps download, Bt with 30..07, Which @ 30.3 and TalkTalk website @ 16. Big difference between router TalkTalk check and TalkTalk website speed check. 🤷‍♂️😒 :unsure: :rolleyes:

Novice

My Vodafone is Sync at 40mb/s but upload is now down to just 0.5mb/s. It looks like Vodafone support is as bad as reviews. To think I have 2 years of this Aggggggh.

noel

Just had a lovely Indian takeaway, well I enjoyed mine Agnes couldn't remember how her Prawn Puri was supposed to look and as she couldn't see the prawns in the sauce wouldn't try hers , I think we have had our last Indian takeaway.

banjo298

Well Alderneuk was not great, I caught a lovely brown of about 2.5 lbs after about 30 mins on a damsel. Them all went dead. I managed to get a couple of rises to a shuttlecock buzzer without contact and that was that for 6 hours fishing! Needless to say I did not win the comp, but mantle avoided! 13 anglers caught 24 fish, but one angler had 9, and another 6 so not an even catch rate!

Latest posts