What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Well done Earl on getting A fish. 🎣(y) Not good for most of the other anglers, the 2 catching must have been where the pods were. Perhaps a suggestion for next comp, move along to the left 55 meters after an hour.

banjo298

The loch was split into 4 zones, which we had a draw for. After 90 mins we All moved round one. We could fish wherever we wanted within the zone.

black knight

Alderneuk is a difficult fishing venue. I wonder if Willie was running up and down making sure the fish are not harmed?
Vanita is improving slowly.
I have notified the lads that I won't be salmon fishing in October. Sadly I'm not up to it I've had no Keep Fit sessions at the gym or Parkinsons physio since the beginning of March.

banjo298

Shame about the salmon fishing Alban. Yes Willie was running up and down as usual. I didn’t ask but it looks like they are living there now as there’s a now a mobile home behind the fishing shed.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another fair day and a breeze blowing.
Just done a bit of prep work ready for when new patio doors to be fitted, got more to do but will wait to see exactly what day they are going to turn up. Weather bad on Wednesday which is when I think they'll arrive. Also got the car to take in for first service Wednesday morning.

buzzer1234

Evening guys, Hard going at Alderneuk Earl but you managed to catch, looks like there were a few blanks.

Had my ultrasound this morning at Chorley hospital, findings confirmed arthritis but more severe than the X-ray showed, also inflammation around the joint, only thing they can do is steroid injection for the pain but as it isn’t too bad at the moment I will wait to see if it gets any worse.

Novice

Not good Tom but at least you know what it is now.

I am going to try the river again tomorrow. Hopefully my waders do not leak not that I will be wading. :). Hope to test out the landing net repair too. Got an army of frogs etc.

Broadband woes continue for me. looks like there is still a fault on the line. Vodafone are pants at customer service so not holding my breath at getting it sorted. It is more stable than before so I can live with it I suppose. No doubt eventually the fault will get worse. I blame all the aluminium cable that openreach need to replace but won't.

black knight

Earl, I have Steve,Ken, Elliott, a son-in-law, and Dave Vose Steve's regular fishing partner all fishing the Annan on 23 October. They are hoping the river will be at the right level for successful fishing. Too often we landed to the river being too high or too low. I wonder if Willie and Wilmer have move onto the fishery to be nearer their beloved fish and prevent poachers poaching?

banjo298

Alban I hope the river levels are right when your fishing gang arrives. I believe the Annan has been having a good year!

W&W must be living there as all their washing was out on the line drying.

Novice

Well my fun on the river continues. First I slipped and got a muddy bottom but fortunately stayed dry.
Fishing wise I got some chublets on the micro frog again. Then things went quiet. I soon found out why and my rod went solid then moved off. It took awhile but I got it to the bank but not after breaking my net again. Doh. How the fine wire Gurza hook held I do not know. Came home after that as once again I had no net. Some good news though my wader repair worked and no leaks.Chublet.jpgPike On W.jpgHook.jpg

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Good going SteveN, nice result 🎣 🎣(y) with no leaky waders, apart form landing net woes. Those are not my hooks, just in case anybody starts conspiracy theories.👅:p
Started of grey and chilly here, by the time I'd cleaned the windows, very warm sunny. Boiling when stripping the wallpaper off round the patio doors. Break for lunch when Morrison's delivery arrived. Sorted and took my mother's down to her. Back home then returned Mrs face library book and posted parcels at Post Office. Back home and finished wallpaper stripping, then dug out 2 dead/dying bushes out of the gardens. Cleaned up, arrangements made tomorrow for fishing, now a bit of time to myself ............................... I think. :unsure:

noel

Just phoned my Drs to get my indigestion tablet added on to my script I get 28 tablets for 14 weeks and the receptionist takes it upon herself to insist I go for a blood test all my other pills are on a 12 monthly.

buzzer1234

Order mine from my patient app on my phone Noel never any trouble.

Well done Steve bet that pike put up a good scrap on your little rod!!

We’ve been over to F.I.L. this morning to sort his garden out, only went inside to say hello, first thing he did was put his hand out to shake hands!!:rolleyes:

Got a pass for tomorrow too Ged.:)

wobbly face

Mrs face phoned GP up this morning to book a blood test. New phone system in place and apparently (according to receptionist she spoke to) and new procedure for blood tests, which they are not up to scratch with yet. :rolleyes: Mrs face needs her bloods doing before 5th Oct, she's to phone again next week to hopefully book the appointment.