What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

chesscar

chesscar see there must be a government issue phone, this is what Matt had to say

Matt Hancock: 'Everybody to download NHS Covid-19 app
whoa, what’d I say????😉😉😁 I’m still waiting for my government issue rifle then I might be able to get a couple of fish in da barrel😁😁😁
If you find someone daft enough, and cheap enough, and do a good enough job Ged...let me know. Your description sounds a lot like the state of my house.
Nice fish Steve👍

Novice

Well that was and endurance test and some. Over 40 mins on hold on landline followed by another 40 mins on hold on the mobile. They only gurantee the download speed so had to explain I was not happy with the noisy line and frequent disconnects. An engineer is going to check things on Monday. Just pray they find the reason and get it sorted without having to come in the house. Last time they where supposed to just test externally but they came straight to the house.

wobbly face

That's similar experience to me SteveN, was suppose to check external line and connections but ended with home visit. No fault found, down again a week later. This time engineer booked for home visit, didn't come as fault found with the line. Sorted, but only lasted just over a week. Hence why now on fibre and counting passing time.

glueman

In the papers the other day was a piece about a TV set causing the internet to drop out or loose it's signal. The article said other electrical equipment could do the same such as a microwave. This is not the problem is it, but a man with a box of tricks is needed to solve it. Just a thought

Novice

In the papers the other day was a piece about a TV set causing the internet to drop out or loose it's signal. The article said other electrical equipment could do the same such as a microwave. This is not the problem is it, but a man with a box of tricks is needed to solve it. Just a thought
No. No box of tricks needed.

black knight

Evening all from my well padded prison. Six months before there is an improvement and restrictions can be relaxed. Being isolated for twelve months is hard but worthwhile. Amanda, my daughter has been working with five colleagues that had CV fortunately a test of three days ago is negative. She goes back to work tomorrow.People we know are affected by the CV.
We have been gardening today putting the last of the bulbs in. Vanita was exhausted after half an hour. It is going to be some time before she is fully recovered.

Last edited:

banjo298

Steve I’m with vodafone and no problems with the broadband at all. However their customer service is appalling! Due to cock up on their behalf I do now have two brand new routers still in the wrapper. If the engineer fails to fix it on Monday I could post you one to see if that helps.

Novice

Thanks Earl. I saw that customer service was rated poor but since most others are too I dismissed it. However it is bad. They just said your guaranteed download is met. I had to make it very clear what my issues are. Upload is now just 0.4mb/s.
What thing I would say about plusnet the customer service was good and they did their best to sort things.
I am pretty sure it will be a line fault. The net work around here is in a sorry state. Anyway thanks Earl.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bright but breezy and cool.
Just sorted the car out (put everything back that I took out for yesterday's service). With having doors and boot open, the lemon/citrus stink has dissipated, (y) it smells like new again. :D
Just waiting for patio door people to turn up.
Good luck again SteveN, seams its some endeavour for you. I found trying to speak to someone in customer services a drag, having to go through "press 1 for, then press 3 if you want, then hold whilst we put you through to ........... then wait 40 minutes whilst some horrible annoying music repeats in your ear lug. Then, sorry they've put you through to the wrong department please hold whilst I divert you, repeat music. :mad:

GEK79

Well that was and endurance test and some. Over 40 mins on hold on landline followed by another 40 mins on hold on the mobile. They only gurantee the download speed so had to explain I was not happy with the noisy line and frequent disconnects. An engineer is going to check things on Monday. Just pray they find the reason and get it sorted without having to come in the house. Last time they where supposed to just test externally but they came straight to the house.
Do you know what pipes the broadband is run through.. We have fibre but it's run through the old broadband cables.. We have been told we can pay to have fibre piping installed... Not before we signed the contract tho..

Novice

Do you know what pipes the broadband is run through.. We have fibre but it's run through the old broadband cables.. We have been told we can pay to have fibre piping installed... Not before we signed the contract tho..
No idea. But since it has to come over the railway I doubt there will be much option.
I have had issues all the time I have been in this house. Not yet had a year without issues. The old copper/aluminum network is falling to bits. Other operators poking about does not help either.

glueman

Thanks Earl. I saw that customer service was rated poor but since most others are too I dismissed it. However it is bad. They just said your guaranteed download is met. I had to make it very clear what my issues are. Upload is now just 0.4mb/s.
What thing I would say about plusnet the customer service was good and they did their best to sort things.
I am pretty sure it will be a line fault. The net work around here is in a sorry state. Anyway thanks Earl.
Problem is it doesn't matter who your provider is you complain to them,they call in openreach then you wait

glueman

No idea. But since it has to come over the railway I doubt there will be much option.
I have had issues all the time I have been in this house. Not yet had a year without issues. The old copper/aluminum network is falling to bits. Other operators poking about does not help either.
Is the railway electric if so that can be part of your problem electromagnetic interference from the overhead cables

Novice

Is the railway electric if so that can be part of your problem electromagnetic interference from the overhead cables
[/QUOTE

No diesel. Like I said nearly all faults are caused by a poor connection some where. There must be hundreds before the leadin, be overhead or ug gets to your house.