What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Well done Mark, just avoided a blank there but one is all you need.

My back has gone in sympathy with yours Steve, started at lower right side today, although I have been having pain in my right leg muscles & thigh, especially when driving, just holding my foot controlling the accelerator gets very painful, this has been going on for a couple of weeks or so but is getting worse....Old age has a lot to answer for.:(

Chimney sweep that’s someone you don’t see very often.

Brandy now that’s what I call a drink, a man after my own heart Ged, but don’t know why bartenders always ask you if you want ice with it, brandy should be warm not cold.

bibio1st

Well done Tom and Mark(y)

I’ve given up listening to the news so not sure what I can or can’t do, with that blissful ignorance I went off to Yorkshire today for a grayling session, fished a stretch I’d not been on for 18 months or so, leaves were a bit of a problem but when I could get through them I’d get a fish, at the top end of the stretch the final run I fished just kept producing, I fished it until it was to dark to see, not sure of numbers but a very good day, small hares eared nymphs and ptn’s with a pink tag worked best.

BB53FD4F-3837-4AA5-933E-CFE418A68698.jpeg
2026A39B-A9A3-43FA-AF78-6EFC834B67E7.jpeg

Steve

Last edited:

miabs

Well done Steve,

I went back to the river this morning to try the top section of the stretch. I caught a small grayling quickly on the French leader, then moved on prospecting.
On a promising looking pool I caught a nice Oos brownie and that was it. A coarse fisherman started after I caught the brownie, within an hour , he'd had 6 grayling on red maggots. An uphill struggle for me on the river with the fly when it's a coarse club water.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
It's a grey day and still.
I've been busy trying to sort out electrical cables that feed security light and a separate PIR, absolute nightmare. :eek: Security light and PIR now binned, cables cut (I had no other option) and ends isolated. Just need to find where the other end of the cables are fed from as still live. ⚡ :unsure:
Well done Mark even though only short lived. You'll catch more when you've got used to the techniques and learn about the river and habits of the fish. Don't let the maggot drowners put you off, just make a note of where they catch and remember to move about, there'll be other spots that'll hold the grayling. Little and pink or bit of pink in the pattern.

black knight

Well done Mark, Tom and SteveB.
It's been a sad day for us our next door neighbour, Eric who is 95, is seriously ill at home. His children have been with all day and one is stopping over. He's a really nice old man and a true character.

Novice

Sorry to hear about your neighbor Alban.
My neighbour is not back home yet and no news which could be good news.

Doubt I'll get out fishing this week. Back still sore.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and very still again, though quite misty as I can't see dem der hills!
Guys are busy doing the facias, soffits and gutters so a lot of hammering and sawing going on. They're doing the gable and front of the house today, the back tomorrow. Got a Morrison's delivery this evening.
Tomorrow could be a good day for fishing, but ............. see above! :(

buzzer1234

Well done Mark with the onesie graying, up against it with the maggot drowners!!

My back is much improved, have been doing my sciatica exercises they really do seem to help.

A friend of ours in the village who’s a head teacher has just been tested positive for covid 19. so the whole family are isolating, will be doing some shopping for them & leaving it on the doorstep.

Could have gone fishing this morning but it feels very cold out so kept indoors. 😀

Ged are you having bird guards put behind the guttering? we used to have a lot of trouble with starlings nesting in the attic but since having the guards put in it has kept them away.

Novice

glueman

bibio1st

On that basis Boris is saying I can't visit my girlfriend then but has not shut hotels and B&B's is her house more dangerous than a B&B
It depends if she’s a dominatrix 😱

Quite pleasant this morning but a cold wind has got up now, not the best fishing weather for lakes or the river, probably best you are getting work done Ged.

Steve

wobbly face

Work progressing nicely.
No bird guards Tom, everything should be sealed up, it was with the old stuff up.
Steve b, the breeze has got up here now and is very chilly out. Rivers should be okay as they maintain temp better, if though colder.
On that basis Boris is saying I can't visit my girlfriend then but has not shut hotels and B&B's is her house more dangerous than a B&B
Are you and girlfriend in a care bubble? Just say yes. :whistle: ;)

Novice

I cannot go to my river. Different Tiers. Too big a tide anyway.

Testing day in Morecambe. Hundreds queing and roads jammed solid. I had to make a detour to get to Hombase. No in line connectors so will have to go elsewhere for them.

noel

I cannot go to my river. Different Tiers. Too big a tide anyway.

Testing day in Morecambe. Hundreds queing and roads jammed solid. I had to make a detour to get to Hombase. No in line connectors so will have to go elsewhere for them.
Steve try Toolstation or Screwfix.

GEK79

Well done Steve,

I went back to the river this morning to try the top section of the stretch. I caught a small grayling quickly on the French leader, then moved on prospecting.
On a promising looking pool I caught a nice Oos brownie and that was it. A coarse fisherman started after I caught the brownie, within an hour , he'd had 6 grayling on red maggots. An uphill struggle for me on the river with the fly when it's a coarse club water.
Hi all
The Editor of the Forum wants to close our original thread as it is too big and takes too much space. It feels like the end of an era but in starting this new replacement thread I hope the posts about our lives and fishing exploits will carry on.

Our next fishing outing is 20th May at Blencarn near Penrith. there six of us and anyone on the Forum can join us you would be most welcome.

Best wishes to old and new friends and regular readers of the Lancsy Lads thread.
Hello all just a quick hello to see how your all doing. I'm staying in safe and sound and hope you're all safe too..
Gary.. Glad to see some fine looking grayling too.. Would love a trip to the river.

Latest posts