What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

banjo298

It has to be said that several hours on a 14 ft double handed 9/11# weight rod has totally knackered my back! Despite several bottles of wine i can now hardly move!

bibio1st

I think after one or two bottles of wine I’d struggle to move never mind what I’d done before🙂

Hard luck on on the fishing though, a customer of mine was up there a couple of weeks ago and didn’t catch.

Steve

buzzer1234

Hard luck with the fishing Earl, you need a drop of the hard stuff for your back !!

Dismantled our settee yesterday in readiness for the new one coming early November, so got a tip run this morning. Was going to get the council to remove the suite but it is so heavy I had to break it up & remove all the metal work, so may as well save some money & take it to the tip myself. Chairs will be done as soon as we get a definite delivery day for the new suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

Sue did share wine with me. I’ve been told that just after we left yesterday the chap who moved onto out morning beat caught a 15 pounder!

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Very windy here. Leaves all over the place, wind in wrong direction so will have some cleaning up to do at some point. :eek: I'm waiting on a click and collect order, just one item left to complete the order. I'll pick it all up when get the text.
"Sods Law" that Earl. I don't know who Sod is but wish he'd "sod off" and take his law with him. :ROFLMAO:

bibio1st

Leaving fishing until tomorrow, probably stillwater then as the rivers will be up and leaves a nightmare, on a fishy theme though I’m making fish pie for tea, been promising to do one for a while.

I think that’s the lottery of salmon fishing Earl.

Steve

buzzer1234

Let me know how you get on Ged. Be interesting if they steam up or your glasses do..

Plenty of scam calls this morning.

Hazel has had three scam emails this week.

Re. Face masks I find it best to allow glasses to sit on top of mask, it means you have to have them a bit lower on your nose but it does help with condensation.

wobbly face

Face shields arrived. (y) Easy to put together as the glasses are separate to shield, peel of protective film from both sides of shield, bit fiddly using fastener on glasses frame as you have to line up holes. Shields come flat and you have to bend them to fit on glasses frame. Also bit fragile if you try to fold arms on glasses with shield on. So a bit bulky when together and not good for in your handbag. 😝
Fits over prescription glasses well but will disturb them when taking off so a bit of care needed. Didn't steam up during trials. 🙂 Nice clear shield, nice and light, glasses fit well and comfortable. Easy enough to remove shield from glasses (reverse order as how to attach). Bit of antibac spray to clean with cloth.
These are what I got, based in Rochdale:

Use the code for 5% discount, just follow on screen instructions for it.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Been for electrical bits and such. Had 2 orders for click and collect at Screwfix. Had to wait outside initially, luckily I had my rain jacket on and put hood up as only light rain. Got inside, got my latest/second order quick time that I put in, guy then disappeared ............................. I looks at watch! He then fetched only one part of first order! Says "do you have codes for your other items?". WHAT? I told him the order number is the same as first item as ordered together. He checks computer (computer says ....... YES). He disappears for a second time ............................ I look at watch, I look at watch, tum tee, tum! Hmmmm. Then turns up with rest of order and says "it was put in the wrong place." Sigh of relief!
Pouring down going back to the car. 🌧🌧🌧

Novice

Last time I went to screwfix I had to wait outside too but it was not raining. The sanitiser was empty though. Good job I did pick and collect as I forgot my wallet. :)

wobbly face

Had my own sanitizer in the car, took my own bag to put everything in and all got sanitized when back home. (y) I could be short of a gland! Got a new consumer unit for the garage and didn't think about glands as the casing is metal.

banjo298

Just back from Tesco. Very surprised to see that about a third of the people there including staff members were not wearing masks at all! About half of the people wearing masks had them on incorrectly! No wonder infection rates are up.

noel

We had fish and chips last night , I got served and a woman in her 50s came into the door and stood there whilst answering her mobile phones I had to shout at her to get out of the way .

noel

I bought some daddies from a very well known angler from fb about 3 weeks still waiting and yes I have been in touch.

Novice

Think of it as a very big muddler. :D

Attachments

• received_395538681584591.jpeg
    received_395538681584591.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 11

black knight

Afternoon lads
I have been off air for two days with a technical computer problem.
Well it had to happen Joanne, my d-in-l, the nurse, has been diagnose this week with the Corona virus. This has put the cat among the pigeons as her family are having to isolate for two weeks. Fortunately Joanne hasn't been anywhere near us. Hyndburn is one of the highest areas for CV infection.

noel

Hoping everything will be ok Alban , we have the same going on with our son in law. Keep your chin up .