What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

GEK79

Steve, I hope the weather wasn't as bad for you as it was over here, not a nice day to be out at all, hard luck on the fishing though.

Steve
The NW has been hit hard with easterly winds and huge amounts of rain.. 😔

GEK79

Evening lads
D-in-L and Steve still very poorly. When contacts have been notified about a dozen people have been affected. The CV has certainly disrupted their lives.
HH has been on the forage his outside food pellets have been cleaned up.
The Conservative back benchers are demanding Boris Johnson present them with a road map of how to escape from the CV pandemic. It will take a better man than him to work this miracle.
He will probably ask Google maps for help.. Hope you and all are okay and in our thoughts in these strange times..

Last edited:

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Another busy day making a mess. The garage was full of saw dust, Eeeeek!
Weather wise, nice and sunny this morning, heavy rain with some hail and strong winds this afternoon, almost 4 seasons in an afternoon.
My next door neighbour who had covid (not tested) earlier this year is now off work for a month. He has a heart murmur due to covid. They are going to stop his heart and restart it which will fix it's rhythm. Apparently it's now fairly common practice with covid patients. He did say though that it could leave him with angina. He had a test for covid last week and was negative.
So, if anyone starts to get breathless (especially if you think had covid) get checked out. Breathlessness is also a symptom of heart conditions.

Novice

Going to update things in the greenhouse. New extension connectors fitted to lawn mower and hedge trimmer. Got a nice long lead for now. :D. I need some dry weather so I can get the hedges cut.

chesscar

Evening all,
Hope your backs feeling better soon Earl. Unlucky on the fishing SteveN...gave you some food for thought on adapting you lures though, so that’s good. Hope your family are well soon Alban...and, good to see your busy Ged😉 Devil makes work for idle hands an all that.
I’d like the option of idle hands...
Took kitchen cupboard doors and drawers off. Sanded them all, and plasticated the utility room ready for spraying in new colour tomorrow ...now, having a wine, with these idle hands o mine😁😉

Novice

I tried plastering once. Never again. Joan just told me, suggested, we should get a new sofa and chair for Christmas. How do you get rid of your old one. Too big to cut up and take to the tip?

chesscar

You do as we did with the bed pay them to take it away when they bring the new 1 .
...Or SteveN, walk past the windows of neighbours as if you are taking it to the tip, until a neighbour comes out and asks for it, like I did a few weeks ago...though carry it past your neighbours, not mine a) too far to carry it to mine b) my neighbour claimed my old one😁

buzzer1234

£40 for our local council to take one away. I needed to split mine up as it was too heavy to lift & carry out to the drive. Took it to the tip in two journeys. Cost about 60 pence in electric!!

Hope everyone keeping safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black knight

Hi lads
We leave unwanted furniture on the pavement outside the house. With abit of luck it has gone by next day. White goods are the best the Pikies are round in their Tansit pick ups within hours of putting the goods out.
Family still very poorly.
Cliff Richard aka Harry Web is 80 today. He was interviewed on tea time TV. He looks remarkably young for 80. His neck and hands look old though.

Novice

Not sure if our council is taking sofas at the moment. On the site it says no soft furnishings. if they do take it it has to be kept dry and outside and have fire labels attached. It will take me at least 4 trips and a lot of cutting up to get it to the tip.

Last edited:

Novice

More sad news. Sorry. Our Neighbour Mick is not very well. I have been told he may have had a heart attack or stroke. Told it was not looking good.

banjo298

Loads of fun this morning. New electric built in oven arrived, connected to a plug. I removed the old oven which was hard wired into the wall. Considered chopping plug of new oven and hard wiring it into the wall, but noticed in time that it’s cable was not long enough. Considered rewiring old cooker into the wall and chopping of the cable and wiring it into the new oven, but could not get the back off the new oven due to not having a fancy star shaped Allen key.

In the end I rewired the old cable back into the wall, chopped it off at the entry point into the old oven, purchased a new one gang socket and back box, which was then attached to the other end of the old cable, and then the wall. New oven plugged into new socket, then fitted back under the work top! All works well, but head still hurts!

GEK79

Evening guys.
Another busy day making a mess. The garage was full of saw dust, Eeeeek!
Weather wise, nice and sunny this morning, heavy rain with some hail and strong winds this afternoon, almost 4 seasons in an afternoon.
My next door neighbour who had covid (not tested) earlier this year is now off work for a month. He has a heart murmur due to covid. They are going to stop his heart and restart it which will fix it's rhythm. Apparently it's now fairly common practice with covid patients. He did say though that it could leave him with angina. He had a test for covid last week and was negative.
So, if anyone starts to get breathless (especially if you think had covid) get checked out. Breathlessness is also a symptom of heart conditions.
I hope your friend is okay.. We have to wonder what affect covid will have in life on people who have had it. We had sleet and hail yesterday.
Stay safe all