What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

GEK79

Not sure if our council is taking sofas at the moment. On the site it says no soft furnishings. if they do take it it has to be kept dry and outside and have fire labels attached. It will take me at least 4 trips and a lot of cutting up to get it to the tip.
Could you not leave outside and the friendly people who take things without asking could take it?!

GEK79

Hi lads
We leave unwanted furniture on the pavement outside the house. With abit of luck it has gone by next day. White goods are the best the Pikies are round in their Tansit pick ups within hours of putting the goods out.
Family still very poorly.
Cliff Richard aka Harry Web is 80 today. He was interviewed on tea time TV. He looks remarkably young for 80. His neck and hands look old though.
The neck and hands always the true tell tale.. 😜.. Just looked at my hands in definetly not 21 anymore.. 😜😜

banjo298

Just been to the tip with the old oven. You have to book a slot online. If I thought my back was sore before, it’s a whole lot worse now! Lifting it in and out of the car and into a skip has just about killed me. The tip staff are not allowed to help because of COVID-1. They were both very old and I doubt they could have helped much anyway, but one did point out where their sack truck was which helped a lot of!

GEK79

Just been to the tip with the old oven. You have to book a slot online. If I thought my back was sore before, it’s a whole lot worse now! Lifting it in and out of the car and into a skip has just about killed me. The tip staff are not allowed to help because of COVID-1. They were both very old and I doubt they could have helped much anyway, but one did point out where their sack truck was which helped a lot of!
😜😜

wobbly face

Afternoon or is it evening guys.
Very dark out there and wet, in fact it's been wet all day here. 🌧🌧🌧☔
Another busy day doing nothing, all messess clean up (I do more than one mess )🗑
I've used some yacht varnish on cladding but it looks light. I then found an unlabelled tin, upon opening it up, it was just the varnish I needed. :eek: Too late! I'll have to see if I can cover over the yacht varnish with the rusty tin one.
Covid. The National R number is 1.6, yet London has an R rate of 2.89 and only in tier 2. Anyone with any answers?

Novice

I use Sandolin on my hard wood windows. Easy to apply. Only down side I have to do them every 2 or 3 years. I used some stuff that was supposed to last 5 years. Well it did not and I had to sand the windows down to bare wood.

bibio1st

Just done the first session of the couch to 5k thing, 5 mins brisk walk, 60sec run then 90sec brisk walk, then repeat the run a walk another 5 times finishing with 5 min brisk walk warm down, got to repeat this another two times with a day off between each session before moving on to stage 2, 9 stages in all. Apart from getting a blister on the top of one of my toes it went quite well.

Steve

noel

I stopped jogging after my head started to feel as if my brain was bouncing about , I am a walking wreck .

wobbly face

I stopped when my biscuits went "crumbs". I was doing a 26 mile cross country run. Despite no biscuits I completed the run in a shade over 3 and half hours.
I stopped jogging after my head started to feel as if my brain was bouncing about , I am a walking wreck .
That's the problem of jogging and listening to heavy metal music at the same time.:ROFLMAO:

buzzer1234

Evening Lads, very wet day garden flooded again!! better day tomorrow

I like Sikkens varnish always had good results it’s used in Scandinavia lot on their wooden houses.

Many years ago I used to jog three or four times a week, only about 4 to 5 miles but kept me fit.

black knight

Evening folks
Well we have two more confirmed CV cases in the family, Kelsey and hubby. Kelsey is Joanne and Ken's daughter. They live with Ken so it's no surprise they got it from Joanne also confirmed eight days ago. Ken has gone for a test today but has no symptoms.
Cases are still rising and Hynburn is the worst in the country. It's frightening and still poses a serious threat to us 70 plus pensioners.

noel

Afternoon all , back from the hospital I couldn't even lie down on the table so the staff had to do my xrays whilst standing up . Results in a couple of weeks my Dr had asked for lower back pelvis area.

Novice

Waiting in for parcels today. Not for me though. Started on the greenhouse but as usual things I thought I had I did not. Screw fix to the rescue. On more packet to come then it is shopping day.
Strange day today. No rain and even some sun.☀

bibio1st

We have had the rain over here, just constant drizzle now, the local rivers are out for a few days at least, the forecast for the next few days is pants, might be the sheltered Marton pools again over the weekend.
Got a bolognese in the oven on a slow cook and some bread proving to go in later.

Steve

Novice

“Call my self an electrician“ Joan says. School boy error. I thought I would use the exting trunking and save drilling new holes. Oops the boxes fit nicely except flush with the back of the trunking. I also fitted them tight up. You cannot open the front cover.( Waterproof Socket) .

I have a solution and no extra bits needed. (y) Sorted.

Last edited:

Novice

Tried the face masks Ged mentioned today. Much better for Joan as she could breath easier. Good for me as glasses do not steam up. Draw backs are bulk and reflections. Overall better than a normal mask.

Last edited: