What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Second short walk done. Bonus got two prescriptions. Time for a cup of tea.
Butcher order arrived and so did Joan’s Christmas present. I can now relax.

black knight

Evening all
The son of Eric had two valuers today. They quoted between 110k to 115k. The interior needs replacing as most is thirty years old. Ours was the same and I spent £30k on a complete refit and loft conversion. There are only two bidders and one went to school with the wife. It is important to have good neighbors.
Talking about neighbors my wife went missing for an hour this afternoon. I discovered her gardening for an elderly neighbor. She hand me a half hundredweight builder's bag with soil and dead bedding plants. She claims she conned into assisting.

Novice

Internet keeps going off again if I use the phone. Oh well.

Visit to the bank for Joan today.

Looks like I am in tier 3 . Lancashire.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Evening guys (bit late for afteroon?).
Tier 3, just as I expected.
Been on the PIS today with b-i-l. Very misty when we got there, by the time I'd put up some signs and tackled up it was clear. Fishing was very slow, only to be expected. One other guy up fishing, wet line with 3ft leader and foam beetle, he had 4. B-i-l managed 2 on a prince nymph with gold bead head on a floating line. Me .................... I thought it was going to get the mantle, but ........................ I had one on a bead head buzzer 10 mins before packing up. I'd been floating buzzers and bead head buzzers all day without a touch or interest. There were times when quite a few buzzers were moving about, not much response from the trout, though did see few top.

Novice

Close Ged. Well done.

Joan has an eye appointment next week. We are in tier 3. The eye clinic is in tier 2. Are we allowed to go to the clinic I wonder.

noel

On a fishing point I have just bought a load of DBS from Iain Barr again on his Fb page .
The car task is moving slowly forward the X trail I mentioned is still available that 1 is 2wd but I have found 1 on Cazoo is 4wd same age but £1000 cheaper .

buzzer1234

Close shave there Ged, well done with the onesie.

I think you should be ok Steve but best to check.

Been busy making a window scene based on Christmas carol, took me all day drawing & cutting out, we have chosen O Little Town of Bethlehem. It’s 5 ft. long!! to fit in the lounge window it will be back lit when I put it up & have one large star & several smaller ones fixed above.
A few families from church are all doing different scenes based on a Christmas carol.

Tomorrow we are decorating a tractor tyre for Advent to be placed in front of the church steps on Sunday using white drain pipes for the candles.....watch this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black knight

Like your cut out of Bethlehem Tom.
Well done Ged on PIS.
I went to the post office for paying in cheques and buying stamps. It felt strange going out.
Vanita has been packing presents this afternoon and evening. Good job she is a professional packer.

noel

Hi all , I have cancelled the idea of the 4wd X trail and will stick to the 2wd version , I just don't see the point of a 4wd for us .

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Very still out there, plenty of cloud but fairly pleasant. Had a busy morning messing with water!!!!!
Kitchen cupboards done (ready for Christmas 🎄🎅), car all washed and gleaming 🚙. Windows done (not PC) and I can now see through them (let there be light). 👀
Big decision that Noel!!!! :unsure: You might regret it if we have a bad winter. Mind you, fwd is far better than the old rwd of yester years. :)

noel

Ged I think we will just buy a set of all season tyres for it , if we get the car I am after .

Latest posts