What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Less to go wrong Noel & all season tyres are very good.

Had another fall we were starting the large tyre wreath at the side of the church there was a thick bramble growing right across the path & into the foundations, a chunk of skin off my hand & also my knee, I will live !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

My car has 4x4 but rarely used on the road. I’ve had it 4 years now, and the few occasions when it would have been warranted, I had more sense and just didn’t go out that day. The few times I was caught out and had to use it, yes it was extremely good!

On the other hand I regularly use it on rough fishing access tracks, and can think of many occasions that without the 4x4 I just would not have got there. Having said that in most cases I could have walked there easy enough.

By far the most use I’ve really got out of it, is in towing out two wheel drive vehicles who just should not have attempted to go through the places I rescued them from.

I always remember many moons ago on one of my many instructor courses, being taught that, yes in most cases in snow and ice a 4x4 is helpful and gives you more confidence. Which means in most cases you just crash faster!

noel

I have done more than my share of 4x4 driving with my previous job as a welding inspector throughout the middle east and north Africa and the British Isles .

Novice

Well I have seen it all now. Next door only took a double glazed unit out to get a sofa in or out. There is no for sale sign up so not sure if family are moving in or not.

buzzer1234

No Ged, could have been a lot worse. I remember you patching me up at Bigland Tarn quite a few years ago after a fall.

country_est

Hi all , I have cancelled the idea of the 4wd X trail and will stick to the 2wd version , I just don't see the point of a 4wd for us .
Noel,
Have the 4wd version, and have found that in 2wd I can eaisly spin the wheels on the loose stuff or wet grass. Mainly designed for 4wd so may not as stable in 2wd.
Always leave mine in the 4wd auto position unless the roads are really dry and have been for a while.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

black knight

Evening lads
Did I mention that Vanita was given an appointment for an electrocardiograph at 9.30am yesterday. At 4pm it was cancelled as a not urgent hospital procedure. We assume the pressure on the Royal Blackburn had something to do with it. Typically she had a bad attack of pains in her chest but is ok today.
I have just been watching a program on 10 different dogs starting off as puppies with new owners. Boy how I miss a dog. One of the dogs was a Norfolk terrier I would love one of those.

black knight

We've had few Tom, wet and windy. I remember a Stocks meet, we got snowed on.
Ged, Elliott and I went fish the Fire and Rescue open at Stocks in late April. On the way we encountered snow blizzards. At Stocks Ben had called off the fishing for safety reasons. Elliott persuaded Ben to let him go out providing I went with him. I wasn't the first time I had fished in snow but the first time in a boat in those conditions. Elliott had six fish and I had one all on a Dawson's Olive Nomad.

wobbly face

I remember the one at Hurry it was blowing a Gale, but I think most of us caught.

Errr not quite Tom. I blanked though did lose a couple of fish. You rotter's wouldn't allow the roach I caught to count. 😝

A few years back I was fishing a river in winter after the ladies. :whistle: A slow and quiet day until a snow flurry and a bit of hail, the fish then boiled for 5 mins before all quiet again. Another snow flurry and fish topped again. I had to be quick to catch after each flurry.
Had a day with Bill on Carsington, blowing a gale and I lost my landing net overboard, managed to get it back. Found a slightly sheltered spot and we both managed a few fish.
Another day I went with 10lb 10oz to fish Whalley Abbey (A59) when old Guilder had it. It was iced over apart from one corner. He allowed us to fish for nowt, unless we caught. We caught so had to pay up. :rolleyes:
Becoming a fireside angler now. o_O

banjo298

I think I’ve forgotten that I’m supposed to go fishing. Just checked and the last time I went trout fishing was the beginning of October when I blanked! I’ve also been salmon fishing once mid October but since then not at all. My mojo has definitely gone!

This whole year I’ve only been a handful of times if that.

Novice

Today is Karcher day. First frosts.

Earl I have not been fishing for 4 weeks and I have to polish the mantle every day. 😌

As my river is in Lancashire and in the same tier group I am hoping to get out soon.