What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

G

GEK79

Hi all
Ged, the long line of coincidence is your friend on DC? Did he fish?
Our hedgehog has been roaming all over the back garden. That's two days on the trot it has been out during the day. Very strange behaviour.
Anne's son asked me to clear out his mum's frig. What a waste fortunately a lot of the food was out of date. Anne has been moved to Clitheroe Hospital and is not expected to return to her bungalow.
We had a visit from one of our granddaughters who we haven't seen for years. She stood in the front garden and we stayed in the house.
I thought hedgehogs hibernate.. Strange times where you can't cuddle and embrace your grand children.. Hope it won tbe long until you can..

buzzer1234

Afternoon guys, look what popped up on my Facebook memories for today & it was sun shining 30 November 2014

08D0E44F-9291-47C8-8CC1-4BA04F6A8901.jpeg

noel

Weekly shop done at Lidl with no problems at all with other customers , Agnes enjoys being able get out and about .
Tom that popped up on mine Unclealec is still about but we seem to have lost Steve Rankin to Carp.

bibio1st

Was I still fishing when that was taken, I was up there that day, it was the last time we heard from Stevie, his wife was expecting about that time.

A wet miserable day today, it will put the rivers up and I'm off this week:rolleyes:

Steve

black knight

Hi lads
Nice Christmas decorations Tom.
Grime day today it kept our resident HH indoors.
Been to the post box today with birthday cards it was daring.
Death rate for Hyndburn and Blackburn is still high. It will be even higher after the Christmas festivities.
Well only 25 days to Christmas day. Becky, one of our daughter in laws is making our Christmas lunch and delivering it. Normally we would be joining her party with three granddaughters and my son Alban. Maybe things will start to normalize when the injections are handed out?

black knight

Finished the ten owl jigsaw the next one is Eilean Donan Castle. My m-in law long diseased had an original painting of the castle hanging on her wall the artist was Thomas Fearn. A friend of hers had an affair with the artist and was rewarded with a painting. We had it on the wall for many years until it looked out of place with up to date decor. I have been and walked over the causeway and bridge into the castle.

Paul_B

I went to get my vitamin D this morning 🐟 didn't do much until I went onto the green hopper, I gave it a tug to sink it a bit (15 seconds) then a slow figure of 8 back, wow they tried to snatch the rod off me 😊
I didn't expect it as it was like the north sea in a storm, anyway I've took one and I've filleted and salted it ready for pin boning tomorrow, then I'm going to try smoking it like the professionals did on Masterchief the other night. My gut feeling is that I should do it like I always do, however nothing ventured nothing gained 🙂

Also both of my seed orders came while I was out 🙂

Paul_B

Brave man getting out Paul. Not much vit D would have been produced today with all the dark grey clouds. get some Chestnut mushrooms on the plate with the fish, they're loaded with vit D too. (y)

The vitamin D will be consumed after its been smoked a while 🙂

Most shop bought mushrooms are grown in the dark and don't have much D, they need to put onto a sunny windowsill or under a UV lamp or a while.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Much brighter day though frosty. Wrap if anyone is going out.
Paul, chestnut mushrooms have more vit D than others that's why I mentioned them. My mother loves them and makes a mushroom soup out of them every week. She also takes vit D tabs of her own choice. Can you get too much vit D?
Talking of vit D, it was announced yesterday that Gov are thinking of giving elderly and vulnerable people who cannot get out vit D supplement/tabs.

wobbly face

I have visited a mushroom farm when holidaying in Scotland. It was dark. Basically raised beds in black polytunnels. Plenty of manure in the raised beds. You could smell the mushrooms, besides the manure.

Latest posts