What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

That made me smile and sad at the same time... Will you get to at least see him..
Gary
Hope so. I ring him most days. Chat about snooker at the moment. He rings me to let me know when football is on the telly. Trouble is he has sky and I don’t. He rings me again to tell me how it went. He seems content at the moment.

Morning walk done but nothing to report. Great view over to the lakes on the right day which was not today.

G

GEK79

Hope so. I ring him most days. Chat about snooker at the moment. He rings me to let me know when football is on the telly. Trouble is he has sky and I don’t. He rings me again to tell me how it went. He seems content at the moment.

Morning walk done but nothing to report. Great view over to the lakes on the right day which was not today.
Well if he's in good spirits long may it last..

Novice

Double sided box with assorted wetbfkies a a few sedge.
Skb tied. If you want them and can spare a £ or 2 for LDHAs I'll get them posted to you. Thanks. Box is good but lids are well scuffed.

Gone. Thanks. You can still donate of course.
1606845364150.png

received_847683926046976.jpeg
received_384132099562977.jpeg

Last edited:

bibio1st

I got some vitamin D today at Ellerdine Pools, lovely and sunny and I didn't need a coat, was told lures of black or white had been taking what few fish that had been coming out, started on a pitsford pea and had a fish after 30 mins but no other offers, odd fish showing so set up a second rod with a hover line (because it was flat calm and bright) that's my story anyway, I'd left my 6wt floater at home :rolleyes:, a fab on the point and a couple of db's as droppers and twiddled them back, a couple more fish followed then swapped the fab for another db, 3 more fish to this method, some of them lumps of 5-6lb, so finished on 6, not a bad day, now where to go tomorrow;)

Steve

buzzer1234

A good day for you Steve & some nice fish, have another good one tomorrow.🎣

Hazel has been busy in the garage for the last two days making Christmas wreaths for people, she was originally going to do a workshop but had to be cancelled use to covid, so people have asked her to make them up for them. She has done 20 at £20 each £10 each going to church funds. She says she will just about break even. I have delivered a few of them today.

black knight

Hi all
I've been taking Vitamin D tablets for a week but I haven't notice any benefits yet.
This week my wife increased the Tog rating of my quilt to 13.5. I thought I had been crushed and roasted at the same time. The old 10 point has gone back on.
No sign of the HH walking about or eating. Finally it has decided to hibernate.
Being stuck in since March I feel like I'm hibernating or in a comfortable prison. The numbers of infected people are still going up despite Boris's measures. He was on TV tonight he looked angry and fed up sat in the House of Commons.

black knight

Ged, thank you for the info on Richard. He's mad keen on gardening and has manage to increase his garden size. We have met and chatted before the Corona virus. We will be sending out cards to everyone on the estate's eighteen bungalows, it's traditional and helps to generate friendliness between neighbors.

wobbly face

Boris doesn't like pressure.
Rochdale - 274.3, down 27 per cent. Highest in the Not So Greater Manchester area yet numbers down. We all seem to be going in the right direction, but some slower than others. The Monkeys are not doing too badly but the Cowboys/Cowgirls .....???

I must get over to see him and yourself when cv19 is over and we're back to some normality of yesteryear. It feels like years now. :rolleyes:

Paul_B

Hi all
I've been taking Vitamin D tablets for a week but I haven't notice any benefits yet.
This week my wife increased the Tog rating of my quilt to 13.5. I thought I had been crushed and roasted at the same time. The old 10 point has gone back on.
No sign of the HH walking about or eating. Finally it has decided to hibernate.
Being stuck in since March I feel like I'm hibernating or in a comfortable prison. The numbers of infected people are still going up despite Boris's measures. He was on TV tonight he looked angry and fed up sat in the House of Commons.

It'll take a while for the benefits of D to show health wise, the first thing will be the feeling of wellbeing such as not as tired, the benefit to bone health takes a lot longer.

I tried the masterchef idea on fish smoking last night and the results are good, todays lunch will be vitamin D rich smoked trout (y)

Anyway the Vaccine roll out is on its way and I hope I get one as a Christmas box (y)

G

GEK79

I got some vitamin D today at Ellerdine Pools, lovely and sunny and I didn't need a coat, was told lures of black or white had been taking what few fish that had been coming out, started on a pitsford pea and had a fish after 30 mins but no other offers, odd fish showing so set up a second rod with a hover line (because it was flat calm and bright) that's my story anyway, I'd left my 6wt floater at home :rolleyes:, a fab on the point and a couple of db's as droppers and twiddled them back, a couple more fish followed then swapped the fab for another db, 3 more fish to this method, some of them lumps of 5-6lb, so finished on 6, not a bad day, now where to go tomorrow;)

Steve
That's almost more than I caught last season.. 😜😜Nice to get out well done..

G

GEK79

Ged, thank you for the info on Richard. He's mad keen on gardening and has manage to increase his garden size. We have met and chatted before the Corona virus. We will be sending out cards to everyone on the estate's eighteen bungalows, it's traditional and helps to generate friendliness between neighbors.
Lovely gesture. 👍👍

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Damp and foggy here in Monkey Town, very still so will be lingering.
Great news in the vaccine front though I hope people don't get too carried away, for most it will be spring 2021 before they can get it. Should be all those most vulnerable followed by key workers, that should include posties, binmen. Police etc. Then rolled out accordingly. I'll gladly volunteer to give the vaccine if the authorities want me. 👨‍⚕️😷
On another note, or notes. Fishing club committee meeting tonight via WhatsApp, should be fun. Also going to take brother in law out to look at cars. 🚙

noel

Morning all, we had an appointment to view 2 cars this morning but after 5 calls from different salesmen in the same branch we have cancelled that one but we have an appointment on Saturday at a different garage same car but a year younger and just as importantly £750 cheaper.

Novice

Clean up day. Not that we don't clean every day but it is a deep clean today as Joan has an eye appointment tomorrow. Not sure what will happen as we are not sure if I can go in with Joan. She will struggle if I cannot.

Ordered some paints for the latest lure but don't expect much as I am no artist. It will be simple trust me.

buzzer1234

Damp & drizzle here this morning cool too.

Weekly coffee & chat zoom meeting today Hazel has joined I will have a look in later, it’s mostly the women from church only the odd male.

Good news with the vaccine, you can do mine anytime Ged. :D

Hope all goes well for Joan tomorrow Steve, I would think they will let you go with her under the circumstances.

noel

Clean up day. Not that we don't clean every day but it is a deep clean today as Joan has an eye appointment tomorrow. Not sure what will happen as we are not sure if I can go in with Joan. She will struggle if I cannot.

Ordered some paints for the latest lure but don't expect much as I am no artist. It will be simple trust me.
Steve if it is anything like over here Joan will have to go in by herself , Agnes copes and she only has 25% vision in 1 eye the other is dead .