What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Joan is not confident on her own. She will not manage the stairs, 4th floor and not happy about the lift on her own. She will stress herself. On the other hand she may surprise me.

Novice

Dad rang today. Said he banged his head on a cupboard door he left open. To cut a long story short he rung 111 and said he wanted some painkillers as paracetamol was not strong enough. He phoned for an ambulance. The checked him out and his blood pressure was up so took him to hospital. After several hours and an scan he was given painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. He is fine now.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Just back from looking at cars, nothing decided yet. There's some very good prices, one salesman did say it's a good time to buy and they have been busier than normal since August. Brother in law still hasn't decided on what size of car, let alone manufacturer, model and spec. Going to look at some more tomorrow. :eek:

wobbly face

Are we talking new elect cars Ged or any car new or old is a good deal to be had?

Anything at the moment SteveN. Looked at a couple of Nissan Leaf, the latest model looked best. Problem is brother in law hasn't room or suitable place to have a charger especially where the charge point is on the cars, same goes for PHEV (plugin hybrids). His best bet at present would be a petrol hybrid or diesel. There's good money being knocked off new cars and great deals on used etc. Nissan are in the process of producing an alternative electric hybrid. This is an electric engine with a small petrol engine to act as a generator to charge the electric battery when travelling. They're talking hundreds of miles per gallon, hopefully.

wobbly face

Looked some of those too Noel.
Brother in law last had a Vauxhall Insignia. He wants something bit smaller but as yet undecided. He liked the Mercedes A class, especially the AMG series. He also saw a Golf and was slightly impressed with the Quashqi.

noel

Steve if it hadn't have been for my Osteoporosis we might have stayed with the Vectra .
Steve did you get the WhatsApp message ?

Novice

Thanks Noel. I had put my phone upstairs on charge so not seen your message. It may be possible for me to go with Joan.

bibio1st

Back on the river today, a different one than the weekend and the grayling were a smaller stamp but enjoyable all the same, the wind got up in the afternoon hindering presentation but managed 18 to the net with a few bumped, the after fishing kebab was bang on as usual.
84929331-CD4F-4EFF-93F4-B535152474C1.jpeg

D1F6F5FE-1EBA-474B-894C-51DBBB166B3A.jpeg

Steve

black knight

Evening lads
I managed to get a telephone appointment with my gp for an infected big toe. I need a chiropodist but the NHS withdrew this service and my ingrowing toe nails have gone worse.I tried to go private but the chiropodists nearby are not taking on new patients. I have filled a six page application form for podiatry services but I'm not holding out much hope.
Good news about the vaccines being in band 3, I may get mine in the new year.
The wife has made a load of advocat to an old family receipt. Some as more brandy than others to suit the recipient's taste. I had a small tot and it nearly knocked my socks off.
Well done fishing Steve.

wobbly face

Be careful popping your socks Alban, you don't want to be disturbing that ingrowing toe nail. :eek:
Podiatry, chiropody are the same thing and both haver the same qualifications and do the same work.
You should be able to get an NHS Chiropodist and you have to self refer. Private usually cost about £25 then any cost for treatments. Due to your health Alban you should be given a NHS Chiropodist.

Well done with the ladies Steve b. 🎣 I would love a trip to the river but just a bit busy. :(

buzzer1234

Another good day for you on the river Steve well done.

Just got back from Aldi shop & all put away. A wet & miserable day here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

well done Steve.

Late appointment today for Joan.

Typical we come out of lockdown and it rains. River rising. Grrrrrrrrrrr

noel

My diawl backs arrived this morning from Iain Barr 68 10/12 for £25.
Tom we go at 13.30 ish on a Monday and it is easy for Agnes at that time .

Latest posts