What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Some Packets arrived today. I can now do a bit more on the lure and get it balanced ready for decorating.

bibio1st

Glad I fished yesterday, the weather has certainly changed cold, wet and miserable today, a bit of fly tying might be in order, car in for a service tomorrow, I will have a loan car so could get a few hours in somewhere as Saturday is my mums birthday so won’t be fishing then.

Steve

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been very miserable, wet and cold. Out looking at cars again. Went into Cowboy land, it was packed solid where TK Maxx and B&M Home store are. No wonder why it's still the highest area for CV19. :eek: Parking wars.

Novice

Back safe from eye clinic. No trouble going in with Joan to her unit. An hour later no injection. The last injection may have caused a bleed. It was decided it would be ok to leave it another month. Driving in the dark is not pleasant.

Shopping tomorrow then I will be practicing with my new paints.🐠🐡🐟

black knight

Evening lads
Went to PO to send important letters to Anne's son Stephen he has power of attorney. As I made for the door a guy coming in with no mask on coughed all over me the bast*rd. I was wearing a mask but I will be lucky if the virus doesn't get me.
Vanita has three hospital appointments 8th,9th and 10th all at Royal Blackburn. Because our two nearest neighbors contracted CV in hospital she says she is not going.

banjo298

Woke up to half an inch of the white stuff on the ground this morning! Local school closed, teachers can’t get to work. Local lorry firm is on Facebook offering to tow cars out of the snow. Also on Facebook a warning to bmw drivers to stay at home to stop travel disruption. :ROFLMAO:

As a young man with my early cars we never got stuck in the snow. My fathers theory is that the old cars had narrow wheels and cut through the snow to reach tarmac. I just think today’s fatter tyres just skim across the snow like a sledge never getting any traction. You’d think after all these years they’d invent a car that has no problem in the snow. Or maybe people today just can’t drive!

buzzer1234

Wouldn’t like to be in hospital at the moment.

We had about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground this morning but roads were clear but it is snowing quite heavily at the moment & it’s sticking.
We went into town this morning for our M&S shopping, funny how the snow stayed on the bonnet of the car because there is no engine heat that you get with a petrol car all the rest of the car was clear.

Take care if you are about on the roads lads there have been quiet a few accidents so far today.

noel

I have asked Iain Barr to sort me some Crunchers out but he has a lot on his plate at moment family wise so I will just be patient.

bibio1st

Had a few hours on Marton Pools, the weather was dry for the first hour then sleet for the next couple:rolleyes:, a few brave anglers on but not much being caught, I had a pull on the first pool, nothing on the second and a golden 20 mins on the third pool with 2 caught and another 2 lost to a black and green snake lure, a couple more swirls as I was lifting off then quiet again.
Snow on the cars on my road when I got home, roll on spring.

Steve

buzzer1234

Well done to the two Steve’s...The artist & the fisherman!!

Snow is melting now will probably be gone by morning.

Thanks for the Christmas cards Noel & Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bit brighter today though breezy.
Royal Mail seems to have lost my parcel from the U.S. :mad: It doesn't take 6 weeks to deliver a parcel from Manchester to Monkey Town. :( I've now got to contact the retailer for them to contact Royal Mail either to chase the parcel or claim money back. It's farcical. :mad: