What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

banjo298

Actually I’m just back from the quack. After months and months of back pain, varying from can’t stand up to just a constant dull ache, developing into pain in alternate testicles, and pain down the back of left thigh, knee, calf and foot. I’ve had and am still having half a hundred weight of pain killers, a course of antibiotics, back X-rays and ultra sound scan of the testicles. Final diagnosis is back knackered due to wear and tear of the discs, probable a trapped nerve like sciatica, but not actually sciatica! Good news trapped nerves usually get better by themselves with time. Meanwhile continue with painkillers, and commence physio. Unfortunately due to COVID NHS physios not working so look up exercises for sciatica on line! :mad:

wobbly face

Good luck with that Earl. Be careful with the exercises, you don't want to aggravate and make matters worse.
I'm with 3, sim only pay as you go and yes SteveN, prices gone up.
Wife's with ADSA mobile but needs a new sim for new phone (nano as old one is just standard). They told her a load bull a few weeks back. Said they would send her a new sim but would have to change number to keep her old number but not a problem, she was told this twice, first via phone call, second via web chat.. She never got a sim..... why? They are no longer doing them until they've emigrated from EE to Vodaphone. I found that out via the net, why didn't they tell her that? :eek: :mad:
So she's now got a new phone she can't use.
Just had a pig of a job with new smart tv. Tv didn't want to be smart. 📺🤪 Wouldn't connect to router, managed through router extender. 😵

Novice

Not good Earl. Hope it settles down.
No call from dad to say he has moved. Probably no ambulances available. He gave a list of wants including scratch cards. He will Not be getting any cards from me.

Novice

Dad rang tonight. Not sure why But he was sick again. Could be worry but he would not admit it. Anyway he is now possibly moving tomorrow.

black knight

Hi lads
Had an optician's appointment today and the bad news was I have cataracts in both eyes. I'm booked in for a pre op assessment and then I go for my op four weeks later. They tell me it is nothing of a job and I will be home the same day. Vanita took me down to the opticians and I decided to walk home. What a mistake the footpaths and the roads were skating rinks and I slipped slid all the way home.
The was a fuss on TV about the homeless being given a CV shot out of priority order. I have heard that Boots have been paid to vaccinate people out of priority order.

buzzer1234

Evening guys
Been for my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this afternoon, bit long winded as had to wait in line outside in the cold for 25 minutes then when I got inside had to wait in the waiting room for another 10 minutes, after having the jab, you then have to stay for a further 15 minutes to make sure you don’t have any reaction to the vaccine. The vaccine Center was at Clayton Green near Leyland so the whole episode took about an hour & a half, still I’m pleased I’ve had it as I wasn’t expecting to get it so soon, they will let me know when to go for the top up one. Hazel will have to wait for hers until the lower age groups are called.

Steve your dad is like Hazel’s dad not good at the moment, not eating much & feeling sickly, & very unsteady, he seems even more confused at the moment.
Hope your dad improves.

wobbly face

Did you not get a vaccination card Tom? It shows you've had the first dose and should give appointment for second. My mother never got one but most others have. She's tried to phone to find out what is happening but no one is answering. :unsure: You'll need to kept a tab on time and if not heard anything close to 12cweeks then get dialling.

buzzer1234

I did get a card Ged but no future date for the second one, they said they would get in touch, it would be about twelve weeks to have the top up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey/dark, wet and breezy.
I wonder if I'll be able to get any fly tying done today!!! :unsure: Still got a few to finish off from yesterday.
My mother has headache and feeling cold this morning, also said she's aching in her arms and right hip (she had right hip replaced a few years back, left hip replaced end of 2019). Could be from the covid vacc. I advised her to keep warm and have a couple of paracetamols. Hopefully should be fit and well after this weekend, she's no plans.

banjo298

I tried the physio exercises yesterday. This morning I can’t stand up or walk without great pain. Had to double the pain killers! There will be no exercises today!

Paul_B

Hi lads
Had an optician's appointment today and the bad news was I have cataracts in both eyes. I'm booked in for a pre op assessment and then I go for my op four weeks later. They tell me it is nothing of a job and I will be home the same day. Vanita took me down to the opticians and I decided to walk home. What a mistake the footpaths and the roads were skating rinks and I slipped slid all the way home.
The was a fuss on TV about the homeless being given a CV shot out of priority order. I have heard that Boots have been paid to vaccinate people out of priority order.

Its a scary thought getting cataracts done, I've had one done and while they were doing it I thought never again, however after the opp I wondered what all the fuss was about :)
Now I wear sunglasses when fishing and avoid using UV resin for fly tying

Novice

Paul do you think that the uv torch contributed to your cataracts? May be I shouls wear my sun galsses when using it?

Novice

Thanks Paul. I always wear my caccoons sunglasses when fishing even on dull days. I am going to start wearing them when curing uv resin from now on.

Last edited:

bibio1st

Hi lads

I would have thought that the homeless were a pretty high priority given the circumstances they are in.

Steve

Latest posts