What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

This sciatica is spreading. My youngest brother just rang to wish Joan Happy Birthday. Turns out he has sciatica. Had it since October.

black knight

Evening folks
The bungalow next door is provisionally sold to people we showed round ours. The guy is a retired joiner and fisherman and my converted loft really impressed him. He was worried where he would store his tools and tackle.
I have been rough this week after my CV jab. I developed a number of side effects which is not uncommon.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Very still, grey and a frost last night.
Alban, my mother had a the shivers, a few aches and pains but felt better after just resting up, keeping warm and a couple of paracetamols for a day or two. This was a week after having the first dose.

Novice

When I cut the lipless lure blank to thickness it left a thinner blank. Rather than waste it I did a quick foil and ink finish.
4D861BBD-1D65-470D-8276-A2B676FB999E.jpeg

noel

I bought some foam rubber door seal for my garage , it doesn't fit the way it is meant to but I am going to use some window /door sealant to stick to the concrete and do it that way .

noel

Mine is very similar to that , it was designed to use an adhesive strip to stick to the door but it doesn't.

wobbly face

The adhesive is for sticking the strip to concrete and it does just that. I had to make sure the floor was relatively flat and dust free, leave for 24 hours before driving over it. The only problem I had was trying to flatten the rubber strip as it's packed rolled up.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and a bit damp, no breeze and warmer.
What do you do when you've got no plans for the day????? :unsure:
Jigsaws? Not in the mood. Read a book? Done that though have ordered some (non fishing related).
Tie flies? Not in the mood and already done a bit of that. Shopping been done, done some cleaning and put the washing in a bit earlier this morning. Go for a walk, where to and how to avoid people? Can't travel. Will I wear my thumbs out twiddling them???

noel

We joke on about the jobs Agnes did the ironing and I put mine away afterwards. We are having gammon and chips for tea the meat has already been put out to come to room temperature.

Novice

Bank for Joan today. A bit more woodwork for me and some leather work too. This will be my most ambitious woodwork yet.

Dad is very happy. The care home have their own hairdresser so he got his hair cut. Today they are sorting his feet out. Meals are very good and he is enjoying them. It is like a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 hotel. He is actually getting some physio too. Not had his vaccination yet.

Last edited:

bibio1st

I found someone in school to take my fish...so in a couple of weeks time they’re being rehomed 😁 thanks for help and suggestions people👍

When I had to get rid of some troublesome golden orfe a few years back, the best way to catch them was with the top section of a roach pole with some bread punch, the fish are still happy and a lot bigger in the brother in laws pond.

Steve

Paul_B

A friend of mine put all his spare fish into the nearby canal, it was also stocked by the EA.
Anyway they came to inspect a while later as he was fishing and he was pulling a goldfish out, he said it was those EA men that put them in. I often wonder how that went on their report :ROFLMAO:

glueman

There is a local brook near me,as it runs through a newish estate it runs through balancing ponds. There are goldfish in it but the EA keeps going on about electro fishing it and removing them

buzzer1234

Bank for Joan today. A bit more woodwork for me and some leather work too. This will be my most ambitious woodwork yet.

Dad is very happy. The care home have their own hairdresser so he got his hair cut. Today they are sorting his feet out. Meals are very good and he is enjoying them. It is like a hotel. He is actually getting some physio too. Not had his vaccination yet.

Can you let me know the name of the care home Steve.... I could do with a spell in there, I need my hair cutting & have trouble bending to cut my toe nails!! Good meals too Glad he has settled in nicely.

Been a reasonable day for me we had a zoom coffee meeting this morning then lunch & have just got back from a walk. Now to check on the bird feeders.

At the beginning of the year I wanted to lose a stone by the end of January, I’m down from 13 stone to 12st.4lb. But it’s getting harder & only 4 days left.

Novice

Just spent hours on the phone to Vodafone trying to get my internet sorted. First person insisted it was my face plate. So leave it connected on the micro filter. I said I did not want that so he then suggested at my expense buy a new one. They offered credit for me to buy on. Not happy but no other solution. Anyway fault still exists with new micro filter so I phone again, went through all the checks again. This time they are arranging an engineer to investigate.

Latest posts