What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Hoping tomorrow is dry and we can do an hour or so in the garden . Off to get our wet fish this afternoon hopefully some Swordfish Tuna etc you get the drift .

chesscar

I was at the hygienist last week...dental hygienist I’ll have you know☺️ Should have been at dentist for check up yesterday, but they cancelled. Hadn’t been at the dentist since before first lockdown. Hygienist said she was open for business since July...my excuse was that I was busy...but, having said that, where can you get 15 minutes of pain and discomfort for just under 60 quid theses days, I ask you? 😁( {<my new clean smile)
Gonna treat myself to WAA membership and a new light weight rod and reel set up end of March...why? Because I’m worth it😉

Novice

Dad is back on an antibiotic drip.

I am going to join WAA too but not until later in the year when I do not have to pay the joining fee. Some good water on my river on their ticket.

Last edited:

chesscar

Dad is back on an antibiotic drip.

I am going to join WAA too but not until later in the year when I do not have to pay the joining fee. Some good water on my river on their ticket.
I emailed the secretary in January to ask about all their rivers being fly (WAA that is) all their waters, including still, can be fished with fly, so long as safety is put first. I think the fly fisherman is probably more aware throwing his tackle about an all ( oo-er missus😉)

black knight

Hi lads
I have two teeth crumbling away would that be classed as an emergency?
I see from tonight's PM's Corona Virus briefing that infections,hospital admissions and deaths are going down slowly but not quickly enough to warrant changing the lock down arrangements. The Asians are resisting the vaccine and the Queen has once again made an appeal to get the jab. Well done mam.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Dry, cold (early frost gone), very still but cloudy.
Wife's cousin apparently is one of only 1% of people that had a reaction to the vacc (Oxford I think). She has a sore arm and redness at the injection sight a week after having the vacc, apparently should only last about 8 days

Novice

Dad rang and wanted more stuff. I had to buy him more under wear. Eek. Looks like he is trying to get more rest bite. He told occupational therapy he likes his last care home. They said they will see how he is tomorrow and check if he can get up on his own. I can almost guarantee he will not be able too.🥱
He is still on an antibiotic drip too.

black knight

Hi lads
I got a letter today from the NHS five pages long. It said I had been identified as a person with at high risk and vulnerability to the CV and put on a special list. Most of the letter was telling me what I can't do and must isolate until late March. Apparently my GP will be informed. The letter came as a surprise especially as I have been assuming I was a standard person and behaving accordingly. I think my eye operation may be off. Has anyone else got one of these letters?
I watched Captain Tom's funeral tributes .He got the full works as a sendoff.

noel

Morning all, Alban this latest letter is being sent out to lots of people nothing to worry about.
We have a curious one going on the neighbours at the end of the drive are in the process of moving house , not a word has been said to us or the other house about the move , they are moving from a Grade 2 to a rented house , as I say curious no one even got a Xmas card from them the 1st time in 20 yrs .

Paul_B

I've set the second lot of tomatoes and pricked the first of the onions into bigger trays, I've water the beetroot as its so dry but it'll need covering back up when I go up for the sprouts and kale for dinner, we like a late dinner then its wind down time.
The mrs is stuck in bed so I'm head chief 😜

Novice

I am not allowed seedlings in the house so it is a case of greenhouse only. Still too frosty first thing so waiting a bit longer for tomatoes.

black knight

It's been a cracking day today and Vanita decided we would garden all day. It's been hard work after the dormant winter period. We have a stone slab seat on pillars which had gone green it took over an hour with the jet washer to bring it back to its original colour. Numerous other tasks got ticked off the list but there is still a couple of day's work to finish the gardens.
Vanita walked into the edge of an open cupboard door and was slightly concussed. She sustained a impact cut which bled profusely as she's on Warfrin. Good job I didn't leave the cupboard door open.