What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Looks like dad has got his way and they are looking to get him into care for a couple of weeks. He refused to go to the one near home and said which he wants to goto. If he wants to stay on it is £1000/ week.. If he does go he will get registered with a different surgery and pharmacy again. He must like chaos.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

There is a club near me that is for a few miles of river and a couple of stocked lakes. Has a posh club house too. Now are you sitting down? £750 with a £750 joining fee. They are having a laugh.

It’s to keep the riffraff out Steve.

Had a bad day today, first of all the coffee machine decided to spill the contents of the coffee pod out, whilst filling. Called at MG garage to pick up a touch up paint & book in for an update, silly woman gave me the wrong colour, didn’t find out till I got home & checked the code. Then this afternoon thought I would give the cars a wash only to find that the hose gun is leaking badly tried to tighten it up & it broke altogether!! They say bad luck comes in threes so that should be it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

I know the club you mean Steve, but do they not get to stay in a lovelly old house in Scorton which has its own cook to take care of your catch!

chesscar

There's quite a few like that SteveN, doesn't mean they fish any better than other waters.
I think if I’m going to blank, I’d rather do it without having to remortgaging 😁
We stopped in the van by Bolton Abbey, thought I might take the tackle next time...but at 60 quid for the day, and as you say, tourist and dogs, I’ll not bother

wobbly face

That's the grinding out of the mortar finished, some cleaning up done and some power washing, still a total mess. :eek:
My car sent a message to my mobile this morning (I bet you didn't know cars could send texts and use mobile phones :ROFLMAO:), said I'd left the doors unlocked. Sent a message back telling the car to lock the doors, which it did. 🚙🎓 I still went out and checked, the wing mirrors were closed which isn't usually what happens when I lock via the mobile. :unsure: (please note the extra word spacing to create dramatic effect ;)).

The open sewer is free fishing and as .................:poop:

Novice

I am toying with the idea of joining WAA or Preston AA. Remember the Brock Earl. Just waiting a bit longer to get pensioners rates. I went to an AGM for Preston AA and there was only me paying full whack. I never fished any of the still waters.

Novice

Just got reminded on FB. Rod licence renewal time. Since we could be coming out of lockdown it may be more likely you will get checked.

black knight

Way back about 20+ years ago I joined Lancashire Fly Fishing Club. The joining fee was £500, yearly membership £500 and a development loan investment returnable on leaving the club of £500. That was a massive payment of £1500.

black knight

Way back about 20+ years ago I joined Lancashire Fly Fishing Club. The joining fee was £500, yearly membership £500 and a development loan investment returnable on leaving the club of £500. That was a massive payment of £1500.

Novice

No sleep or very little last night. My arm hurts, hurts a lot. I could not sleep on it. Not done my back much good either. Anyway up and about and taken some pain killers.
new mattress comes tomorrow. Hope I can get up stairs. 2 90deg bends to get it round too.⁉️

Dad is back in his hotel of choice for another week or two. No doubt he will be having his fry up breakfast.

Paul_B

I'm having my next jab in the other arm rather than the arm I usually sleep on ;)

The mrs was took to hospital in an ambulance yesterday as her ankle is so bad that she cant walk, her arm is already in a cast as the wrist bones arn't supporting the weight of the hand, so the doctors arn't letting her stand at all as they don't want that to happen to the ankle

However on the plus side, Birmingham phoned while she was in the hospital with the results of the biopsy, still inconclusive but its almost certainly Hodgkin lymphoma thats the primary, so sure that they're starting treatment, well after a few more blood tests.

Latest posts