What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

That's not good Earl.
Got guy still doing the pointing, filling in with new mortar so not too bad. His mates have turned up and now doing the path at the front of the house, nosy. Then they're putting a drain in infront of the garage door, that too will be nosy. :eek:
Slowly getting on with club work. :rolleyes:

Novice

Second skip arrived next door. They are gutting the place. New ceilings the lot. Got all the refit to come yet.

Novice

Well after 5 attempts at tying a simple hare's ear with legs I have given up. Give me a nice big pike fly .

Novice

Dad left a message yesterday to get him some more books. He rings today to ask if I got him any. I managed to get some via the big A next day. Not quick enough apparently.

I have still got the shivers.

black knight

Evening lads
I'm booked for a GP telephone consultation at 11am tomorrow. We will see if she has enough time to deal with me.
We had two couples viewing the empty bungalow on our left. The one on the right is in the process of drawing up contracts of sale.
I cancelled my eye op.
I'm on my second Lee Child Jack Reacher paper back. I have been given a dozen to read that were my next door neighbour Ann's. They are a bit different from the James Herriot Yorkshire vet stories.

buzzer1234

I like Jack Reacher Alban, read most of Lee Child books.

Been into town for a bit of shopping this morning & got a new electric heated mattress topper, our old one packed up on my side of the bed, I only use it to take the chill off.
Bought some Dahlia tubers for some pots but need to get some more compost used all I got last year.

Pleased you’re feeling better Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

Been trying to get a roofer to look at my dads garage roof. They’re all busy for weeks, but I then found one that’s going fishing with the SIL tomorrow, not only has he already done the job at mates rates, I’m also going fishing with them tomorrow!

SIL did however request I tied him some lures. I’ve not tied anything at since last year, so was quite pleased with my efforts until Sue pointed out the mess of maribou fibres stuck to my fleece sweat shirt! Do not ever use maribou when wearing fleece. She had to use the hoover on me!

Novice

Decking boards collected for new planter and decking oil for decking. Looks like I am going to be busy.

Going up to dads tomorro. Going to be a long slog and give his house a proper clean up.

wobbly face

Workmen will be back Monday morning.
Just been to my mates, he lives local. It's his 60th Sunday, no big shin dig. He's also self isolating though has had his first vacc and has a date for second.
Marabou, CDC and deer hair is all messy stuff Earl. Avoid static aswell. ⚡:eek:

Novice

Dad had fish and chips too with mushy pease. It was cold except for the peas. Oh and it was coley not cod or haddock. I think being told ( not by the family) he should consider permanent care has unsettled him.
At least he likes his book and sweeties.

noel

I had the mushy peas and a couple of Agnes's onion rings , you guessed it they were cra9 also .

black knight

Evening lads
I got 15 minute phone call from a GP in our local clinic. She ha agreed to see me on Monday at 8.30am. I'm being interviewed in an isolation room. I could choose what time I wanted on Monday. Why is it normally so hard to get an old fashioned appointment?
We've been gardening again today pulling back from the deceased neighbour's gardens. There have been a number of people viewing the empty property next to us. We are hoping we get someone nice that we can get along with.