What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

banjo298

Who watches such drivel, I’ve lost a year of my life to covid, so I’m certainly not wasting another two hours on that garbage! If that wasnt enough the first half of all this mornings papers were full of it too!

banjo298

My car is very odd. When I drive it averages low 40s, if Sue drives it does high 50s! I can’t think why:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

buzzer1234

I’ve not put a drop of diesel or petrol in my car for well over twelve months. 🤣🤣

Hazel has just had a telephone appointment with her consultant about her Primary biliary cholangitis, she had a blood test two weeks ago, he said the results haven’t changed or got any worse, she just has to keep taking the tablets.

I took her blood pressure yesterday as she said she felt a little dizzy & it was up, 155/ 76 so she made an appointment at the surgery to have it checked, she is there now so will find out if it has changed or not.

Car been in garage for software updates, if I had a Tesla they would be done over the air!!

banjo298

Having had a rush of blood earlier this afternoon (actually, distgusted by the state of my fly boxes after my recent trip) I’ve sent of for new fly boxes and dusted of the vice. I’ve decided to re tie my entire collection of flies apart from my lures which seem ok. I decided to start with buzzers. I’d forgotten how easy and quick to tie they are.

I don’t suppose for one minute they’ll ever look as neat as Geds, but at least I can arrange them neatly in rows matched for size and colour rather than the jumbled mess they are now.

banjo298

My new start with flys is also partly prompted as I fish roughly 50/50 bank and boat. I usually carry all my fly boxes and equipment in a fly vest when bank fishing, however when in a boat if wearing a life jacket throwing my vest onto a boat seat usually results in it falling off onto the floor of the boat and any water swilling around. I find it a real chore swapping equipment from the vest to a boat bag ( which I already have) and back again for the next bank trip. I always manage to leave something vital in either the bag or the vest. I think my ultimate aim is to both vest and bag fully equipped.

I’ve noticed that I have fully equipped separate game bags for,:-
A)salmon/sea trout fishing with flies
B(salmon/sea trout fishing with lures/spinners
C)a small stream river bag, with smaller flies and lighter leaders, used for also for grayling\brownies, nymphing and Tenkara.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Wet n windy on this side this morning, such a change from yesterdays t-shirt weather, as they say, the calm before the storm.
The mrs is having a day out in Sheffield today (another scan), so as theres no hospital visit and its peeing it down I'm doing more painting in the bathroom,

noel

Morning Paul , good luck with everything today, our plans have changed due to the weather, everything we had planned can wait .

Novice

Census done.
Raining but not too windy yet.
New fishing licence arrived so just need to be able to actually go fishing now.
Dad is still in care. May be another week yet. He never leaves his room. Only time he has he ends up arguing with some one or something happens. Never his fault though.🥱

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Wet and windy,. Workmen turned up late due to weather, last of the jobs being finished off. I've jet washed the drive, back of the house and the path at the front. I prefer to to jet wash when it's raining. 🌧️ ✈️🧼

wobbly face

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Can you tell I'm fuming? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Workmen done a great job. (y) Time to pay, 💷. Okay do a w@nk (err I mean bank, no I do mean w@nk) transfer. Now I do a bit of online banking as needs must. So went to do money transfer and the stupid w@nkers wouldn't let me. Limit on what I can transfer. :mad: Did online chat but still no joy. Said amount was set at agreement of online banking. :unsure: That was many moons ago. I need to download and use the mobile (there's that swear word again, mobile :mad:) APP. I don't do mobile banking, I'm not a big fan of mobile phones as too fiddley and if you loose your mobile, then what? :mad: There's no limit on money transfers through the mobile app. What the F***? :mad: So I told them it's b0ll0cks. I wouldn't mind but I've no local branch and not even a branch in next town. :mad: Luckily the workmen accepted a cheque.

Latest posts