What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Not good Ged. I do not do online banking either. However my bank set up an online isa even though I set it up in the local branch And said I do not do online banking. Turns out I have on line banking set up but I do not know my credentials. I need to, you guess it download an app. My phone will not except app as it is rooted and not secure which is why I do not use mobile or online banking. If I did not insist on an email I would not have known my isa account number. Anyway it matures this year so will be moved or cashed in.

wobbly face

I don't like being forced into using mobile and online banking SteveN, more so with mobile. I just don't see how it can be more secure. No wonder why I see so many people with their heads down on their mobiles, they're not just watching you tube vids, on FB and twitter but living their lives on their mobiles.
I do have an account with a local bank, but they close at 14:00, I was too late to go there to do an "in branch money transfer".

banjo298

I’ve been caught out a few times with xfer limits, it’s taken several long phone calls to sort it.

just to really upset you I read a newspaper article the other day that basically said , that to ensure more security any time you use your bank card, as part of the transaction they will send an authorisation code to your mobile phone. Therefore no mobile phone no card transactions!

wobbly face

just to really upset you I read a newspaper article the other day that basically said , that to ensure more security any time you use your bank card, as part of the transaction they will send an authorisation code to your mobile phone. Therefore no mobile phone no card transactions!
Yep, I've seen that too Earl. It's just madness when you can't get at your hard earned. :mad: I'm all for security and I believe the banks are the biggest culprits for security issues. I have to log in doing online banking and then get a pass code sent to my mobile to get into my account. They know it's me, but still prevent me getting at MY MONEY. :mad:
Also, it's my wife's mobile number they have, I've tried to add mine but no joy. So I won't be able to use my card (no problems when buying my car though). It' either doing everything via phone calls or online via mobile banking. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

black knight

Hi lads
I had a scan on my lower half yesterday. When the nurse pushed down on my tummy it was very tender. I won't know the results right away. I have the camera down the throat on Saturday I've requested sedation as last time the doctor tried to ram the camera flex down my throat. He gave up after two attempts and angrily told me to go and make another appointment.
What about Piers Morgan walking out on ITV? I rather like him breakfast television won't be the same.

bibio1st

It will be for us, we have the BBC breakfast news, I can’t stand the man and avoid anything he is on.

Good luck with the camera thing, I’ve only had it up the other end😏

Steve

Novice

Hope it goes well Alban.
Wind not as bad as I expected. ( not Alban’s wind). Bin day today so glad it has calmed down.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

I’ve had in both ends several times!! But with sedation, hope all goes well Alban.

Having problems with cistern not filling in toilet, it’s one the newer ones with push buttons so all seems to be sealed up, waiting for plumber to have a look, if you turn the cold water tap on it begins to fill so looks like a sticking inlet valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

My new fly boxes arrived this morning. A good start to my new box of buzzers! However I came to a grinding halt when I ran out of suitable hooks and discovered I’ve no red thread! Both are now on order.

Not a problem I’ll start on my nymph box until they arrive!

What are peoples thoughts on varnishing buzzers? I never bother unless they are meant to be the crisp packet epoxy sort. I’m aware the varnish can stop trouts teeth chewing them up and helps stop the fly fall apart etc, but I find despite trying several different brands of varnish, I accept they can make the buzzer shiny, I feel it always dulls the colours.

Attachments

• 8F8B41B2-32DA-4230-B897-9E51FFBCF62B.jpeg
    8F8B41B2-32DA-4230-B897-9E51FFBCF62B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

wobbly face

Afternoon guys (well late afternoon).
Been very windy and wet, even had a bit of hail. It's dry now.
Been cleaning the garage, now need to go to the tip. I only did this 15 months ago when I had a new roof and door put on.
Bank, yes I'm still mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Workman turned up this morning, he couldn't put the cheque in the bank (online only). He tried Post Office but they wanted £12 and would only do cheques up to £500, tried photo of cheque but bank would only accept this method up to £500. I ended up using a different account with a branch in town. No problems, couldn't do this yesterday as the bank shuts at 14:00. What is it with £500 limits? Unless you do mobile banking the you can set your own limits.
Hope Alban is still smiling and all has gone well.

Earl, I don't bother varnishing unless it's a delicate body material such as stripped peacock herl, then I use UV resin.

Novice

Earl just enquired about the Brock. Still £100 reducing to £75 after a year. Looks like I will not be fishing the Brock. Oh well.

wobbly face

banjo298

Earl just enquired about the Brock. Still £100 reducing to £75 after a year. Looks like I will not be fishing the Brock. Oh well.
Steve my salmonless river is £150. I might even try it this year. Last year I didn’t bother(along with a hell of a lot of other people), as a protest, as they made the SIL redundant.

Paul_B

Afternoon guys (well late afternoon).
Been very windy and wet, even had a bit of hail. It's dry now.
Been cleaning the garage, now need to go to the tip. I only did this 15 months ago when I had a new roof and door put on.
Bank, yes I'm still mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Workman turned up this morning, he couldn't put the cheque in the bank (online only). He tried Post Office but they wanted £12 and would only do cheques up to £500, tried photo of cheque but bank would only accept this method up to £500. I ended up using a different account with a branch in town. No problems, couldn't do this yesterday as the bank shuts at 14:00. What is it with £500 limits? Unless you do mobile banking the you can set your own limits.
Hope Alban is still smiling and all has gone well.

Earl, I don't bother varnishing unless it's a delicate body material such as stripped peacock herl, then I use UV resin.

We put one in from the post code lottery by the photo procedure for a £1000 with no bother, I wish we had a few more :)

banjo298

Finally managed to get my first covid jab at my doctors this afternoon. I arrived early, had the jab and left all before my apppintment time. Whilst there I saw no one else and the medical staff just seemed to be hanging around with nothing to do!

Novice

Bit the bullet and just joined Warrington Anglers. I will get more use out of this than Preston AA. More trout water, More Chub water and even more Pike water.

Last edited:

Latest posts