What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

miabs

Good morning,

Hope all goes well with your Mrs, Paul.

Yesterday I had a days guiding. It started off sunny and after a few pointers and set up adjustments on dry fly and French leader I started fishing a tributary river using the FL. No pulls and it was really cold and windy but occasionally sunny and snowing, then I saw a trout rise for an olive, then rise for another.

Switching to the dry fly rig , I waited for it to rise again and cast up from it with a sedge , fish took it and landed.

Switching back to the FL , I moved up the stretch and had a nice size oos Grayling.

After lunch we switched to the main river not far from the tributary, wind got worse, temp dropped , snow came down and the fishing was hard. I did find a pool which I managed 2 more Grayling from but the trout weren't to be seen.

A brilliant day, learning so much on techniques and 4 fish caught.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Nice bright start, little breeze but frosty that's now clearing.
Hope all goes well for your wife Paul.
Well done Mark. 🎣 Was going to be hard going due to the weather and any breeze can make long leader techniques difficult. Good to get input from those in the know, not just technique, but also river craft. (y)

miabs

Morning guys.
Nice bright start, little breeze but frosty that's now clearing.
Hope all goes well for your wife Paul.
Well done Mark. Was going to be hard going due to the weather and any breeze can make long leader techniques difficult. Good to get input from those in the know, not just technique, but also river craft. (y)
Yes, I learnt loads about the river flow , fish spots etc yesterday. The high wind and controlling the FL in the wind also allowed me to learn quickly.

wobbly face

😢 My neighbour across the road from me normally has a magnificent magnolia tree. It started to blossom 3 days ago. Sadly due to last 2 mornings of frost and snow yesterday, all the blossom have gone brown.
It's now gone cloudy.
I got my little gadget from Norway this morning, less than a minute to fit to the car. 🚙(y)

wobbly face

Suppose to be now on new fibre broadband package, still waiting for new router. However, just done a speed check and download is 60.2mbs and upload is 17.3mbs. New package speed suppose to be between 55 to a possible 75mbs. :unsure:

Novice

Hope all goes well Paul.

Ged your speed may get better. They usually quote 10 days to settle.
Have a look here to give you an indication of what you can expect. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

I am heading towards a record. What record is that you ask. Broadband connection stable and no disconnects. Now at 14 days. The record is 15 days.

buzzer1234

Well done on the river Mark especially on a difficult day weather wise and you learned some river craft, no stopping you now!!

Only been out to feed the birds in the garden & it’s bitter out there.

I usually get between 60 & 70 mbps download & 17 or 18 mbps upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzer1234

Have you tries the egg flies I sent you Noel?

Another cold day but a little warmer than of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts