What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Had a wander round Entwistle yesterday with the dog and my missus. Looks ok only saw one guy fishing lots of people wandering round. May consider joining, Ramsbottom anglers have a stretch of the Irwell in Burrs country park may take a look there next week
One angler, could be weather, could be poor fishing or the fact that there has been bad words between anglers and dog walkers. Heard yesterday there were problems at some of the Bolton reservoirs.

Novice

We got dad a new mobile phone as he could not hear on his old one and it was PAYG which was costing a fortune. The phone has big buttons and is loud. We can now have a two way conversation instead of him just saying “ I am OK”
He said he may Be going home next week with care support so watch this space. He is walking better and can make himself a brew so that is something at least.

miabs

Had a wander round Entwistle yesterday with the dog and my missus. Looks ok only saw one guy fishing lots of people wandering round. May consider joining, Ramsbottom anglers have a stretch of the Irwell in Burrs country park may take a look there next week
Entwistle is a nice res and I've seen people fishing but there is so much passing foot traffic, dogs and walkers / runners behind the open banks.

noel

Get well soon Alban .
Steve Agnes has a PAYG phone from Vodafone and she gets unlimited calls for £5 a month direct debit top up.
Bought some better headlight bulbs for our car , my 20 min job for this afternoon , the Snow Foam arrives on Monday for washing the car and the static .

Novice

Noel got the same deal with O2. He now keeps ringing us all. Usually just to tell us what he told us the day before. 😀

bibio1st

Hope the eye heals up soon Alban.

How the heck do you get lost between Bolton and Blackburn? The A666 is a straight road.

A couple of fishing trips this week on still waters, had 6 rb’s on small buzzers and a nice brown on a shipmans, the following day fish were rising and set up a couple of shipmans cast out, put the rod between my knees to put my sunglasses on and the line pulled as a fish took, it was off when I picked my rod up :rolleyes:, missed a take next cast then had a rb, it started rain and the rises stopped, put a buzzer on the dropper and lost a fish to that, then it went dead, not a touch for a couple of hours so set up a lure rod and ended getting three more on a pitsford pea.

6033635A-D8C0-47A2-92ED-F49F467FE2B0.jpeg

Steve

buzzer1234

Evening guys

I’m sure it will be worth it once you’re eye heals Alban, I was told I had start of cataracts some years ago but but doesn’t seem to have affected my vision, must be very slow.

Well done Steve B, good catch, no stopping you getting out.

Had some visitors this last two days ( in the garden) all wrapped up in Hazel’s quilts having hot chocolate. It’s been a long cold winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Morning peoples. Sunny but cold here. My mate has gone to try the river with small lures. It is very low at the moment and gin clear. will Be interesting how he gets on.
I am hoping I can get out somewhere next week. Got a few things to do on Monday and Tuesday though. I have put fuel in the car, not done that for a while, in anticipation.

Well done Steve.

Novice

Not looking forward to it but needs must. We have to go into town today to do some necessary banking. Hope it is not as bad as I think it will be.

noel

We were going to go to the static today but heavy snow last night so we are going to wait a few more days .

banjo298

Been very naughty this morning. It must be lockdown boredom. I’ve just ordered a mandolin! Sue will go nuts!

I had been thinking of changing my name to Ukelele298, maybe it should be Mandolin298? But there again I’ll probably throw both instruments in the bin when I get bored in a week or two when I find I can’t play either!

bibio1st

Been very naughty this morning. It must be lockdown boredom. I’ve just ordered a mandolin! Sue will go nuts!

I had been thinking of changing my name to Ukelele298, maybe it should be Mandolin298? But there again I’ll probably throw both instruments in the bin when I get bored in a week or two when I find I can’t play either!

It might be castrated298 if Sue finds out😁

Bonkers in Wales today, very heavy traffic with the restrictions lifted, I should imagine the Lake District will be crazy also.

Steve

Novice

Back from town and it was not as busy as I thought it would be.
The old mattress gets picked up tomorrow so that will out of the way. New mattress combined with new duvet and pillows is well snuggly. 👍😀😁👍

noel

I was going fishing this morning until I saw how much frost we'd had overnight, its a good job I didn't as the hospitals phoned to say the mrs is coming home today.
I'll have to move all the furniture again so they can carry her into the house and put her in bed 🛏️
Our thoughts are with you both Paul .

Latest posts