What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Morning all, sleep disturbed at 00.40 this morning with the boiler kicking in got up to switch the noise off and it persisted a drain valve had come off outside so the water was just running , turned it off and went back to bed . All sorted now .

buzzer1234

We are on Bury Market!! Was supposed to be going tomorrow but the boss changed her mind. Only got a 3 hour parking ticket so won’t be long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Well planned to visit dad in the care home garden on Monday. I rang to book an appointment but told I can just turn. My brother rand and was told you need an appointment. Confused. Rang care home again and told they are confused too. Got to ring again to speak to some one who should know. Dad could be disappointed.

Last edited:

banjo298

Last night Sue finally plucked up courage to scatter her parents ashes. On arrival at the location, a picturesque castle overlooking a loch (I fish there) just as the sun was setting. She laid out some candles and was placing a heart shaped stone (she had found by the river and saved for just this purpose for months). She accidentally dropped it and it bounced and rolled down the embankment before plopping into the loch. Normally I would have said in Hello Hello style,” you stupid woman“, but one look at her face said I was getting this rock back no matter what. After a few minutes messing about, with one soggy foot and an arm wet to the elbow the stone was replaced in the makeshift alter. After a few moments reflection we scattered her fathers ashes with no problems. She went on to scatter her mother’s, but they’d consolidated into a lump and refused to leave the urn, and I had to stir them up in the urn with a stick found on the bank before they’d come out. I then gave Sue a cuddle as the sun went down helped by a small bottle of white wine each! The comedy of errors helped ease this solumn occasion along, with further laughter on returning home to find all our clothes were covered in white dust and and had to be chucked in the washing machine!

buzzer1234

A heart warming story Earl, give Sue a big hug from me.

Quite busy on Bury market but seen it busier, now stocked up with large pies, cheese & onion, mince, & steak & ale two of each, we have half a pie between us so should last a while.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another bright and sunny start to the day, not as frosty this morning as previous.
My new river landing net arrived yesterday, when will I get out to hopefully use it??? :unsure:
So who ate all the pies then? 🥧🥧🥧:eek:

Novice

Taking Joan to get the hair dressers today. Whilst she is out of the way I am going to fix the hardwood front door. Sticks a bit and the joints are starting to come apart.

I had some of the pies.

banjo298

SIL had asked me to book fishing at Annbank. I thought he’d said Alderneuk, which I thought was odd as he can’t stand the place. Anyway once we’d had an argument over driving times due to the misunderstanding we arrived at Alderneuk for a four hour ticket. Fishing was very hard in the brilliant sunshine and flat calm. Fish rising everywhere, but refusing point blank to accept anything. We tried every method known to man. Eventually I had a very hard fighting bow of about four pounds to fylde moggie. Quickly followed by one of those yes it’s on, oh no it’s off moments, then a follow to a squirmy wormy as I reeled it in to recast.

The SIL didn’t have a nibble and still hates the place! We‘ll go to Annbank next time he’s free!

buzzer1234

I can recommend a good hearing aid Earl!! . But at least you caught, shame your SIL. didn’t catch he might have felt better.

I went to Dingle this morning cold start with frost on the ground & flat calm. Fishing was hard but did improve a little later as it warmed up a bit. Ended the morning with 3 to the bank & 3 lost, a mixture of black buzzer & egg fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bibio1st

I was going to go up to Errwood today but painting a fence at the front of the house took longer than I thought:rolleyes:
After tea I talked the wife into a walk, just happed to be along the river that runs through the town, took a rod for a spot of dry fly fishing, nothing rising but the next to last spot I tried I lost a nice brown of about 8oz before landing a much smaller one, good to get a couple of rises though.

Might get to Errwood tomorrow, depends on the jobs list.

Steve

Novice

Big day tomorror. Haircut the dad visit. Can’t wait.
1161A6B1-B598-467E-B575-05E0025F9EF8.jpeg

Latest posts