What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Back home until Tuesday unless my Dr interrupts it . I need to phone re my meds. Opticians tomorrow for us both of us .

Novice

After trying to sort the front door I had some thin strips of wood. So this afternoon I had a go at a trout lure. 55mm.

03196852-B0B1-4C29-811E-8424565FB6A6.jpeg

bibio1st

First time up at Errwood for a good while, bright sun and flat calm when I arrived, set up two rods, a midge tip with cormorants and scruffy buzzer middle dropper, rod two was three buzzers on a floater, started on them but after 40 mins without a touch tried the other rod, the same result on that:oops:, I had been moving up the bank every few mins which usually works, off with the point cormorant and put a pitsford pea on, had a trout 10 mins later, it was quite dark though the picture doesn’t really show it.
B4A1001A-A8AB-45F1-8FF0-D07041B3F5EA.jpeg

Nothing again for a while so switched to the buzzer rod, lost a fish to this after a few mins but no other signs so had a good walk to a different area, bumped one on the buzzer rod but was catching bottom as it was shallower, put a fab on the point to help out which resulted in a fish to one of the buzzers and three to the fab:rolleyes:, also had this unusual catch to a buzzer, it wobbled when retrieving which made it feel like a small trout.

CC27E01D-1583-4609-AC38-24BCD29B1433.jpeg

Steve

buzzer1234

I’ve had two injections of the pfizer vaccine, that’s why my hair is white!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Well that is my hair sorted. Joan likes it but I am not as keen. Still at least as Joan can see it and she likes it that will do.

Off to see dad soon.

Joan has her second Astrazenaca jab tomorrow. It better not turn her hair grey as she has just had in sorted in natural blonde. 🤥

noel

I could have had my 2nd jab on Thursday but I have made arrangements to go fishing at Tunstall with Country Estate (Trevor ) ; they have a clinic next week.

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Been warn and bright day.
Been busy in the bathroom, shower died this morning but it took all morning to workout the different shower models and their differences. :eek: Bought a new shower, suppose to be easi-fit, far from it but managed without too much disruption to pipe work, had to re-route the electric cable.
Shower.. didn't work. :mad: Turned out a faulty switch despite getting power to and from it. Had to go out for a new switch, again wasn't so straight forward and a struggle to get the lid on due to wires. All done now. (y) Also Morrisons delivery this afternoon. Fishing club meeting this evening, only me turned up, chairman popped in to say he's been called out with work. Now on for tomorrow, if anyone can be bothered! :rolleyes: Good job we use WhatsApp.

chesscar

Morning all👍 Spent some time last night looking round the tin’ternet trying to source a new set up light enough for small rivers. Was at it for a while...and got nowhere 😡 so, have y’all any suggestions for me? What are you using? And, where do you buy from? Any other suggestions to keep my perfect blank record much appreciated 😁😁

bibio1st

It depends on where you are fishing Baz, rods 6-10ft 3#, though my most used rod is a 7ft 4# Agility, thinking of getting a 6ft 3# for dry fly.

Steve

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Bright but hazy sunshine start to the day.
Just re-positioned the bird feeding station (08:30 was busy, room on 09:10 🚉🛤️) It was leaning at quite an acute angle which meant the woodies could get at the seed, they can't now, 😄 though a good laugh watching them try.

Baz, have a look at John Norris. I've just purchased a 8f.6ft #4 Guideline Reach with reel, JN line and backing for brother in law at half price, they do a 7.6ft #3, it does depend on your budget.
Uttings also have some offers on.

chesscar

Thanks Fellas. I’ll check those out later. Guideline might be a bit pricey for how much use it will get, and a bit over the odds for a blank. Started with Shakespeare so quite like them for the money. I’ll have a root round. Thanks again

Latest posts