What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Ok now you know how I like to give you a laugh well here goes.

Day 2 on the river. 1 small trout but got off. Had a follow later but end with zero.

Right that’s the fishing out of the way. Today I decided after getting wet last time to wear my chest waders. 👍. As I attempted to get in the river I saw a suitable entry point and made my way down, first foot in the followed by the other. Sploosh both feet slid away and I ended up in the river. Wader full of air so my legs floated and kept my legs dry. However the rest of me got a good soaking. I had to take my tops off and ring them out. I put the wettest thing on a fence to dry. I was wet but not too cold so off I went fishing. Picked the jumper up on the way back. I soon dried out in the sun.

I now have two reels to strip down and clean as I am sure there will be sand in them plus they will need new oil and grease.

Just hope day 3 will be drier.

Last edited:

Novice

The day started well at least.
D51E8BB8-0BEB-49D3-8AC4-DD69AC444335.jpeg

chesscar

I also found out my GoPro is waterproof. I did not have it recording unfortunately.
Darn...try too have it recording next time SteveN, though describe it really well, my imagination isn’t what it used to be👍
SteveN, I ordered my WWA membership last night, do I remember you saying about the stretch of Wyre near you? If so, have you done a recon yet?

And, a question for y’all...I’m gonna need tippet etc...how light for small river? What material? Where from? Okay...okay...that was 3 questions, but maths never was my strong point😁

buzzer1234

Aldi used to sell some decent fishing bags from time to time but not sure if they would be big enough for boat fishing gear.

Did bit of shopping this morning & had a few visitors in our garden this afternoon. May get out for a bit of fishing tomorrow but won’t be an early start.

Novice

I had a close look at it today Baz. 🤣🤣🤣. It is mainly Chub and Pike. There are some trout. Saw a small shoal of chub today. It is steep Sandy banks so be careful. 🤣🤣🤣

chesscar

I had a close look at it today Baz. 🤣🤣🤣. It is mainly Chub and Pike. There are some trout. Saw a small shoal of chub today. It is steep Sandy banks so be careful. 🤣🤣🤣
That sounds like the voice of experience😁 may have to have a go-look-see...when membership arrives...when rod.arrives...etc.

noel

Has anyone heard from Alban it's now 8 days since his last visit and there is nothing on Fb from Vanitta since the 14th either ,

Novice

Has anyone heard from Alban it's now 8 days since his last visit and there is nothing on Fb from Vanitta since the 14th either ,
He had looked in yesterday at about 07:00. But not heard anything from in for a while.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Bright but chilly today on the PIS, chilly breeze up and down and changeable too.
No one up but padlock on gate wasn't locked. :mad:
Fish topping until we got setup and went through the gate, then all quite. o_O
I started on some new buzzer pattern, then tried some new buzzer patterns, did I mention I tried some new patterns? :sleep: Had interest to everyone but nothing in the net. Tried a black beetle, struck too soon and missed the fish. I should have waited until the fish was on the way down as it came over the top of the beetle. Anyway, brother in law did quite well, olive suspender buzzer got him 3 bows. I eventually went to good old tried and tested straight buzzers, avoided the blank with a bow after loosing a good fish. 🎣

Earl, I have different setups depending on the fishing, I do change fly boxes about though. I have a rolling Stanley tool box (good to sit on if bank fishing). I use it for the boats as I strap boat seat to it for easy transport 🛒. For bank fishing I use a Stanley rucksack, not too bad on the back, it has a hard plastic bottom (ooo errr missssessss) so easy to stand up on the bank and can take some knocks.

Not heard from Alban, though I do look in about 23:00 to see if he's posted anything.

buzzer1234

Close shave there Ged but you avoided the blank. Well done, as you know Bill has been finding it hard up at PIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

My dad has had all his money stolen while in the care home. He ha £50 in his wallet and it has gone. Care just said residents are responsible for their own belongings. He can prove the money was in. Trouble is he said his room is open all the time. No idea if he can lock it or not. Care seem to have washed their hands of it.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Nice and bright, warmer than yesterday with a warner breeze.
Washed the car after yesterdays trip, that lane up to PIS was very dusty.
Bit of gardening done, only replanting stuff in trays.
SteveN, how can a care home explain "Patients responsibility" when they may have dementia? You could involve the Police. In my time, we checked on patients monies and everything had to be accounted for. Patients only kept small change/pocket money for safety. If they wanted more, we got it out of a safe where money was kept in individual lots, money book in and out, 2 signatures.

Paul_B

The nursing home where my neighbour was only allowed small change in the rooms and the rest was kept in a safe.
Good home too, my oldest brothers wife was there and they treat her very well until she passed away last week, she'd alzheimer's and dementia, she was a lovely lady.
It was her funeral yesterday, today we've been to see my brother and take a wreath that my daughters made.

My brother is 93 and they'd been together since school.

gjhimages

Morning guys.
Nice and bright, warmer than yesterday with a warner breeze.
Washed the car after yesterdays trip, that lane up to PIS was very dusty.
Bit of gardening done, only replanting stuff in trays.
SteveN, how can a care home explain "Patients responsibility" when they may have dementia? You could involve the Police. In my time, we checked on patients monies and everything had to be accounted for. Patients only kept small change/pocket money for safety. If they wanted more, we got it out of a safe where money was kept in individual lots, money book in and out, 2 signatures.
What or where is PIS people keep referring to?

gjhimages

My dad has had all his money stolen while in the care home. He ha £50 in his wallet and it has gone. Care just said residents are responsible for their own belongings. He can prove the money was in. Trouble is he said his room is open all the time. No idea if he can lock it or not. Care seem to have washed their hands of it.
My dad had his watch and some photos stolen when he was in a care home
staff blamed it on other residents who were allowed to wander the corridors unsupervised