What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Paul_B

Off to visit dad today. Taking him soup and going to cook him a sausage roll. He like his sausage rolls. He seems to be doing OK. I need to check his electric meter as it may not be working. One of the things he likes doing is working out his gas and electric. He said he is meter reading was the same as one my brother took back in January.

Iceland do frozen Greggs sausage rolls and pasties ;)

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Started off fine, got the Aldi shop done, still fine until I took my mother's shopping down to her. I got a bit soaked. Sunny on my way back, now it's torrential rain and thunder. :eek:

buzzer1234

Took the boss for her second jab this morning, she’s ok so far but on the first one it was the day after that she wasn’t well so will see what happens.

Heavy showers thunder & sun shine here. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noel

I was meaning to go fishing today pleased I didn't, it's hammering it down .
Tom hope Hazel is ok , our daughter and her husband had their 1st jabs 2 weeks ago and both were ill.

Vintage Badger

Bit of a frustrating afternoon on Marton, fish topping but couldn’t connect with anything for a good while and when I eventually did they would be off🙄 could see others catching, mostly on dries like I was fishing, finally had a couple to a small emerger that I got from Matt Eastman who used to frequent this site, another to the f-fly dropper and the fourth to a small buzzer when the wind got up and tried the washing line, this second fish to the emerger fought like stink, not sure if it has a touch of cut throat about it, getting on 3lb
View attachment 39013

Steve
Was that Marton Heath in Cheshire, or somewhere called Marton in Lancs that I've never heard of? If it's the one in Cheshire I was up there a couple of weeks ago for a refresher lesson after 10 years away from the sport (pressure of work, not time in HMP I hasten to add!). I had a similar sized rainbow after the lesson finished, so it must have worked! I was going to go there again last week but the weather forecast was bobbins! Doesn't look much better for the next few days either, but at least it's a got a bit warmer, so might aim for Wednesday.

bibio1st

Was that Marton Heath in Cheshire, or somewhere called Marton in Lancs that I've never heard of? If it's the one in Cheshire I was up there a couple of weeks ago for a refresher lesson after 10 years away from the sport (pressure of work, not time in HMP I hasten to add!). I had a similar sized rainbow after the lesson finished, so it must have worked! I was going to go there again last week but the weather forecast was bobbins! Doesn't look much better for the next few days either, but at least it's a got a bit warmer, so might aim for Wednesday.
Yes the Cheshire one, you would have had a lesson off Andy, he was there yesterday and his pupils were catching.

Steve

Vintage Badger

Yes the Cheshire one, you would have had a lesson off Andy, he was there yesterday and his pupils were catching.

Steve
That's right, he soon got my casting sorted out. I first started fishing there in the early 90s and remember on one occasion David telling me that the family had been given a casting lesson and enjoyed it. Now it's Andy doing the teaching, how time flies - I feel old now!

I think it's a lovely place, and the fish seem to go well too. This was the one I caught (on buzzer), it had a really good tail on it and took a bit of landing. It was safely returned and went off like a train, so I might get it again next time!

51170321088_05a001efd1_b.jpg

Last edited:

Novice

Got to dads and he has been sick again. He has been put on Folic Acid for arthritis possibly. He thinks this may be making him sick. I told him to ring his doctor. Pity he did not fancy his sausage roll.

Paul_B

The mrs is on folic acid as well as happy pills (vitamin D and calcium) she takes anti sick tablets (Metoclopramide hydrochloride), probable for her chemo, but they work.

She's gone into hospital this afternoon due to an infection, so I may get to go fishing over the next couple of days, not tomorrow as the daughter wants me to take her for a jab.

I had more spare time before I retired :ROFLMAO:

country_est

I was meaning to go fishing today pleased I didn't, it's hammering it down.

Noel, just got back from Tunstall, went there after 6pm and it was a bit windy at first, then went very still then came the rain again so i came home.

Blanked, not even a bite, so i may need the mantle, but as a beginner do i get a few misses before claiming it

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

noel

Sorry Trevor but Paul _B will gladly send it through the ether for you .
It will be the weekend before I get a chance, time to dig out the lures again .

chesscar

So, when the weather ain’t too bad, and you don’t get out fishing cos ya at work, it’s nice to read our others are getting out an catching🤔 just saying...but then, on the other hand, when you get out to fish, and you blank, it’s nice to read how others are getting out and catching😁

okay, scratch the above....I’ll get me coat😁

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Breeze has picked up a bit, sunshine and cloud.
Trimmed and taken a camellia out of it's pot and planted it in the garden. Had to loosen the roots first.
Are you off fishing SteveN or is your package due to be delivered???

buzzer1234

I think Steve is going fishing. 🎣😃

Stepson said he was going fishing at the local coarse fishing water that also has some trout in & h asked if I’d like to join him, only stayed about two hours, missed one take to an egg fly then changed to two small black buzzers & caught a small roach so blank avoided, he was catching tench, bream, crucian carp & small perch. A cold wind & bright sun shine didn’t help.