What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

5ft 1gm to 5gm glass lure rod. Feels completely different to carbon. Weather permitting hope to try it later in the week. River will be no go so it will have to be the canal.
034755D8-A23E-4661-A2B3-EE41C3004D59.jpeg
4C55E884-20E1-4522-837D-BADE258365F7.jpeg
FC383714-F50D-4E71-AC9F-7D9245BFFBEA.jpeg

Last edited:

Lancia037

I think Steve is going fishing. 🎣😃

Stepson said he was going fishing at the local coarse fishing water that also has some trout in & h asked if I’d like to join him, only stayed about two hours, missed one take to an egg fly then changed to two small black buzzers & caught a small roach so blank avoided, he was catching tench, bream, crucian carp & small perch. A cold wind & bright sun shine didn’t help.
Sorry to be a nosey bugger, I saw you were from Brinscall! I live just over the road in Withnell Fold. I'm looking at getting into fly fishing and dont have the foggiest of where to start. I was thinking of picking up a cheap rod combo and buying a day ticket for Roddlesworth and just giving it a go?

I live just off the canal, is it possible to fish this? I had a wander down to the river Lostock just behind the mill but it seems a bit contaminated!

buzzer1234

Sorry to be a nosey bugger, I saw you were from Brinscall! I live just over the road in Withnell Fold. I'm looking at getting into fly fishing and dont have the foggiest of where to start. I was thinking of picking up a cheap rod combo and buying a day ticket for Roddlesworth and just giving it a go?

I live just off the canal, is it possible to fish this? I had a wander down to the river Lostock just behind the mill but it seems a bit contaminated!

PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Welcome to the forums Lancia037 and the Lancsy Lads special thread. :)
Before going out and buying any tackle/fly gear, might be a good idea to meet up or at least have a walk (if possible) to fly waters just to see what actually is involved.
They say the hardest part is the fly casting, lessons and practice is the key to solving that.
Stillwater fly fishing is different to river fly fishing, the rivers can be easier. 😉

Spent a pleasant hour trying to get into Bolton, road works that we didn't know about. :rolleyes:
Then we couldn't find the place we wanted at first, eventually found it up a back road. :oops:
Then, hit traffics coming out of Bury, again we didn't know about. This when some major road works already going in Bury, some coordination! :unsure:
Anyway, picked up a new central heating boiler for the brother in law and another water butt. Water butt sorted. (y)

wobbly face

They're very quick and easy. (y) 💉 I remember when I had to give my first injection, bad enough with nerves when giving it but made worse for me when it was a double barrel. :eek:
I took my daughter for her jab, she said that as the nurse was rolling up her sleeve she was telling her how nervous she was of jabs, she said I hadn't finished telling her when the nurse all done :ROFLMAO:

miabs

Pm sent

Novice

Hope all goes well Alban.

Dad’s boiler has gone off yet again. He keeps fiddling with it. I have told him to leave it alone but he will no listen. Stressed himself and had an angina attack. He will be tired out now. Boiler man coming this morning so hopefully he can relax and leaves things alone.

Vintage Badger

Morning guys.
Started grey and cloudy, sun now cracking the flags.
Bin men bin and gone, both lots. (y)
Just waiting for my mother phone after her walk, she'll be a very happy bunny. Something to do with "Blue Moon". 🌕⚽🔵
I feel a bit sorry for Manchester City; after all, they had a lot of expense about 10 years ago... they had to go out and buy a trophy cabinet! ;)

Novice

Busy in the garden again. Lovely when the sun is out. Next stage will be planting. Lots of seeds sown for the planters. Mainly salad crops. Climbing french beans and sweet peas planted. Strawberry plants coming along nicely. Already in flower.

Fishing tomorrow with the new rod. Would like to go to the river but probably will have to be the canal.

Last edited:

Novice

Out with the little AliExpress glass rod for the first time today. Paired it with the CQ reel. I was a little apprehensive as I did not know what to expect from this wibbly wobbly rod. Took a few casts to get use to the action but soon fell in love with it. Cast very accurately and with ease. Not a distance rod but accuracy was so much easier. I even managed a small tro
FB_IMG_1620900909703.jpg
FB_IMG_1620900916783.jpg
ut.

bibio1st

Poor excuse Noel, you must surely have more than one reel😁
Well done Steve👍

Getting on the river myself this evening as the levels have dropped to fishable levels, was hoping to go to Blithfield on Saturday but my boat panther doesn’t fancy it as the weather is showing showers most of the day🙄

Steve

Latest posts