What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Hi lads
I survived the biopsy only just. The hospital had my appointment as 1.30pm I had a letter saying 11.30. They fitted me in but no apology. The surgeon ask if I had stopped my Clopidogrel? I responded in the negative as no on had advised me to do so. The surgeon said he would have to change his method to a punch biopsy. The injection in the tongue was very painful and after punching holes he decided I needed a second shot. I have four stitches and a very sore tongue. I cannot eat solid food for 24 hours. I go back in two weeks for the biopsy results.I have a blood test tomorrow and a Barium meal xray on Frday 21st.
Thanks for the good wishes chaps.

Paul_B

Hi lads
I survived the biopsy only just. The hospital had my appointment as 1.30pm I had a letter saying 11.30. They fitted me in but no apology. The surgeon ask if I had stopped my Clopidogrel? I responded in the negative as no on had advised me to do so. The surgeon said he would have to change his method to a punch biopsy. The injection in the tongue was very painful and after punching holes he decided I needed a second shot. I have four stitches and a very sore tongue. I cannot eat solid food for 24 hours. I go back in two weeks for the biopsy results.I have a blood test tomorrow and a Barium meal xray on Frday 21st.
Thanks for the good wishes chaps.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well (y)

My mrs is getting better thanks to the hospital pumping her up with antibiotics for sepsis and an E.coli infection, they're keeping her in until shes had her chemo next week, she'll be having another bone scan at Sheffield probably monday and chemo wednesday, so I may get a bit more fishing in.

buzzer1234

Thinking of you Alban, take care & hope your results re ok

Best wishes to your wife Paul.

Dingle again this morning an early start & finished about 11.30
A good morning with 8 nice trout landed & at least six more lost before I could get them in also lots of takes, had a few offers to dry fly but didn’t connect with any of them all fish caught on egg flies, I gave quite a few flies to members as I was leaving so will have to get tying again.

black knight

Well done Tom on Dingle. I'm dreaming of my next fishing outing but in a boat or permanently sat on a bank as my knee won't stand standing up for long. I'm hoping next weeks physio will help build up leg muscle strength. I was hoping to go to Stocks but I've been told the Price Albert Angling Club have the right to manage it. They don't usually issue day tickets.

banjo298

I tried Drum Loch this morning. Overcast, light breeze, good ripple and plenty of fish showing. I tried everything, not a nibble! At one point whilst pulling in a squirmy ready to recast I had a take but it came off before the net! Send me the mantle!

bibio1st

Best wishes to your wife Paul.

Alban, that doesn't sound pleasant what you went though, I hope things work out,

Well done Tom aHard luck Earl.

I had the evening on the river, some of it on my side when I took a tumble and bumped my hip, feeling it today, had a few fish though, 13 to the net.

Steve, that little skb reel you sent me I use on my small river rod with a rio nymphing line, a nice setup.
DA1F700B-2DCE-4320-965E-3BA961E58E17.jpeg

Steve

Last edited:

Novice

Nice Steve. Thank Ged. I just put new bearings in it. Glad it is getting used at last.

Unlucky Earl. At least I know who has the mantle now.

banjo298

Priceless !!!

My dad had fell over and cut his arm. I insisted he had the doctor look at it as it was not healing correctly in my opinion. He rang for an appointment to be told he could not see a doctor but would he take a photo of the cut and send it in. My dad thought for a second before replying “ yes but you’ll have to wait before Boots can develop the film”. He got an appointment that day, not everyone has a smart phone!

buzzer1234

Hard luck Earl, frustrating when fish are topping but won’t take anything.
Well done on the river Steve apart from the tumble.

Shopping this morning then decided to visit Dingle again, got there about 11.30. Quiet start although fish were rising but eventually got some offers to a Midas & 18s buzzer with a small hackle, ended the afternoon on six fish a few lost & lots of takes, three fish to the dry & buzzer & three to eggs. forecast for weekend not looking good.

Your dad had the right answer there Earl!! 😃

country_est

Earl, we will have to share the mantle as i have just got back from another cold blank session at Tunstall.

Will leave it on the door step for you (or anybody else who needs it) to collect as am off down sarf to see my kids to give them thier xmas presents as we havent seen them since August and October last year.

Trevor

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk