What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Hope you get sorted out with a decent diet that you can manage Alban,

Bit better day today but still cold, been a lazy day just did a short walk before lunch & been catching up on television dramas this afternoon.

wobbly face

Well this afternoon and evening turned out nice. :cool:🌤️☀️
Spent it all in the garage, still nowhere near to getting tools and odds and ends sorted. Emptied one tool box completely, thrown away rusty bits and tools. Why did I collect those S shape allen type keys that come with flat pack furniture??????? :unsure: Thrown away half dozen and still kept two.

Novice

Dad is home but struggling. The ambulance put him in his chair but left his frame on the other side of the room and he could not get out. I had to go up. He got out of his chair but it was hard work for him. Fed and watered him etc and got him comfy. Carer came late tonight but he is now tucked up safe in bed. We told him to wait for his morning carer. Something he has not been doing.

Last edited:

black knight

No Ged I haven't had any dietary advice yet. My GP's practice haven't contacted me for six weeks and promised to see me in four with the results of the various tests I've had. They are a shower.
I've signed up for the NWN meet on the 6 June. at Barnsfold It gives me a target to get fit for and to sort out my tackle and flies. Oh by the way which end of the rod do you hold?

Paul_B

The mrs is home and settled in and it looks like the cancer is receding, the hospital have told us that in future don't call our doctor or 101 if we're worried, but to call them and they'll fetch her and sort her out.

All my jungle plants in the garden are staring to move, a sure sign that the weather is picking up, the blackbirds are emptying all the plant pots, digging up my kidney beans and beetroot seedlings and looking pleased with themselves :unsure:

bibio1st

Good news Paul, I hope things keep improving.

Still cold around here, 4 degrees up at Errwood yesterday and a wind blowing also, I was numb by the the end of the evening, mind you I cloud have had more layers if I knew it was going to be as cold.
Lost one at the net on a dry early on, no other rises to it so switched to the lure rod and lost my next fish, it took just as I was lifting off to cast again, rod at the highest point :rolleyes:, moved to the other side of the ressie and fan cast around a bay with the lures, dofn on the point and orange blob dropper, not a touch for 45 mins, swapped the nomad for a pitsford pea and had a fish next cast, to the blob:rolleyes:, a blue, a small rainbow followed to the pp 30mins later, had a walk and my third and last fish came to the blob again.

Good to hear the Cuckoo is back up there in the wood near by.

Steve

wobbly face

Evening guys.
Weather grey and breezy with intermittent showers.
I've spent the day in the garage again, more stuff sorted and thrown away, some will need replacing.;)
Good you have something to look forward to Alban.
There was an interview and talk this morning's news about abuse to GP receptionists. They get no sympathy from me. They moaned about peoples attitude, what about their attitude? I also wonder who gives them their orders!!! :unsure:
Well done the "shrimps" 🦐🦐🦐🍤🍤🍤, lets hope they do one at Wembley. ⚽🥅
My brother in law got phone call yesterday from his GP practice, he went for his second covid vacc this lunchtime. 💉Took 45 mins as he had to que, over 70 people waiting. :eek:

bibio1st

My first jab was the Astra Zeneca center and was very well organized and sorted in 5 mins, my second is at a local pharmacy, MrsB went last week and had to queue for almost an hour in the rain, they were doing both lots there but only had 2 staff giving the AZ one, hopefully the weather is kinder to me on Wednesday when I have mine.

Steve

Novice

Got a night booked in the lakes. 12mnths late but going at last. However I am now trying to sort out the type of room booked as not only did we have to pat a change of date fee we also had to pay extra for a change of room type as the original room was not available. Yep you guessed it the hotel still think we booked the cheaper room. Fortunately I have the email to prove it. Looking forward to it just to get away for a night.

Dad seems fine today. Mmmm.

buzzer1234

Some good news for your wife Paul

Well done Steve B but agree about the weather I’m cold every time I have been fishing recently.

Been to visit my son & family this afternoon, first time indoors for over 12 months.

Rain & wind here was hoping to go fishing tomorrow will see what the weather is doing in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Car cleaning this morning but delayed due to, you guessed it rain.
I was hoping to get out for an hour or two after lunch which has also been delayed.
Looks like no fishing fo me.
Got to go out tomorrow so no fishing again so that is it for this week.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Strange weather wise so for, started withy cloud but some brightness, went shopping (Aldi this week) and got back home to a bit of rain. Now back to cloud with a bit of brightness!
Hoping for a bit of fishing this week but not holding my breath.

Paul_B

Its looking black or Bills mothers here at the moment but no rain and I've managed to cut the grass and mow the lawns while my daughter sat with the mrs.

The Macmillan team have arranged for someone to sit with her this thursday just so I can get a bit of me time 🎣 :)

Edit to say, windy.com says Thursday is looking good for fishing :cool:

Last edited:

wobbly face

What is it with you retired lot and the lack of fishing, we are only here once, get out before it’s too late.

Steve
Wait until it's you who has retired! 😛
I've done less fishing these last 2 years since retiring than any other time in my fishing life. :eek:
There was a time ......................................................... didn't matter the weather, only day of work so had to go. Now, I don't get that day. :(

Paul_B

Wait until it's you who has retired! 😛
I've done less fishing these last 2 years since retiring than any other time in my fishing life. :eek:
There was a time ......................................................... didn't matter the weather, only day of work so had to go. Now, I don't get that day. :(

I don't know how I had time to go to work :unsure:

buzzer1234

Afternoon guys, we’ll I didn’t get out fishing didn’t get up till 8.30 & there was rain forecast for later in the morning which came about 10.30 & it chucked it down, this afternoon I’ve been in the garden there are always jobs to do in there. Thought about going tomorrow but looking at forecast it has to be very windy so I think that’s out!! As Paul said Thursday looking good.

I’m like you Ged, did more fishing when I was working than I do now.