Fly Fishing Forum banner
12,601 - 12,620 of 18,875 Posts
Afternoon guys.
Hope you're having a good Baz and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. ??
Weather, well it's about time. :cool:☀?
Well done on the onsie Noel ?, shame about the rod :(. Any type of repair will alter it's action to some if not a lot of degrees.
I dare say I'm still on polishing duties seeing as Noel got out and caught a fish. :unsure:

Evening guys.
All go here but at the least the nice weather continues. In fact it has been more pleasant due to a cooler breeze.
A few small jobs this morning though one could have turned out BIG. :eek: Managed to keep it reasonably small. Morrisons delivery this afternoon so all done. Had an Air Ambulance landed in local field this afternoon, fortunately it wasn't needed, so my mother said. She could see it from her house, talk about the excitement!!!! :D

Discussion starter · #12,610 ·
Well done Steve B and Noel sorry about your rod I have never made a satisfactory repair where an insert is involved sleaving on the other hand holds up better but looks unsightly.
The Mrs is well into her garden with the nice weather and I have been her slave for two days. I ache at the end of the day and rise stiff jointed in the morning.
Happy birthday Baz.

Morning all , just spent an hour retuning the TV system the Freeview built into the TV is only finding 75 channels , remember a lot of these are the " debbie does Essex etc " , my Youview box is doing the same so our main source will be the Freesat box .

Morning guys.
Nice and bright again with a fair breeze. ☀?️
Had a look at the boiler this morning (that's what you get waking up next to the wife :eek: ). Unfortunately, I couldn't fix it! May need a new sensor, but then .................. it could be something else!!! :unsure: Got an engineer coming out though we are at the end of his list, but he does live just round the corner, so to speak.
Noel, I don't touch any tvs as such, most of my tv viewing is done through the pc, once all channels are up, I then go through them and delete all the dross.

Morning guys.
Another bright but breezy start to the day. ☀?️
New leaders arrived this morning (FishOn), only ordered them Monday night. :cool: (y)But when will I get out to use them!!!!! :unsure:

Morning guys
Smart meters being fitted this morning, but the guy says there is some cover missing on the main
fuse so may be not able to do it, he’s still working under the stairs so we shall see.

Another hot day then a bit cooler tomorrow, we are going down Wales to see Hazel’s daughter & family in the morning not seen them for nearly 18 months, she was going to come up last Christmas but of course Christmas got cancelled by Boris.

Fishing more important than gardening Alban!!

Another hot day then a bit cooler tomorrow, we are going down Wales to see Hazel's daughter & family in the morning not seen them for nearly 18 months, she was going to come up last Christmas but of course Christmas got cancelled by Boris.
No, it was Mark Drakeford (the Labour First Minister for Wales) who cancelled Christmas; Boris (rightly or wrongly) let it happen, with some restrictions on the number of people who could meet on Xmas Day.

Wales ended their 2020 lockdown a few weeks before England did, and Covid infection numbers had begun to rise again there before Christmas, which forced a second lockdown, so people couldn't cross the Welsh border to visit friends or relatives over Xmas or New Year. England got their lockdown just after Christmas if you remember. It does all blur into one after a while, but 'blame' where it's due when we're having a moan! :giggle:

Anyway, I hope you have a safe journey tomorrow and a lovely time when you're there. (y)

Smart meters fitted the guy had to call out Northwest electric, they came within 20 minutes had the little fuse cover & also a 80 amp main fuse which the meter man fitted, the old fuse was only 60 amp so needed upgrading for my car charger. I can now go on Octopus go tariff & get our electrician to fit a commando socket for the car.

I used to be with British Gas for my electricity. I eventually got fed up with their continual bombardment to have a smart meter fitted, and gave in letting them fit one as long as it was a SMART2. I’ve now changed supplier and the smart meter no longer works. Yes you’ve guessed it. British gas fitted the older SMART1!

12,601 - 12,620 of 18,875 Posts