What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

I used to be with British Gas for my electricity. I eventually got fed up with their continual bombardment to have a smart meter fitted, and gave in letting them fit one as long as it was a SMART2. I’ve now changed supplier and the smart meter no longer works. Yes you’ve guessed it. British gas fitted the older SMART1!
E.ON did that with my mother. :mad: There was supposed to be a firmware upgrade for the so called SMART 2 that's really only SMART 1. That was a couple of years ago.

Novice

The big packet arrived, well two actually. Spent nearly 3 hours putting said packet contents together. I am sure they label parts wrong for a laugh. All done. One nice touch was an included ratchet and socket. Made things a lot easier.
I will not have a smart meter.

noel

We have a Smart meter as it can be read even when we are away from home , we are not tied to being in for somebody to read them then , we also have one for the water meter .

bibio1st

Not had anyone read the meter for years, I do it on the first of the month when the statement is email to me, not interested in a smart meter.
Had a frantic day trying to sort hiring a van to move my daughter up to Chester le Street tomorrow, the first two fell through as they didn’t have the size needed, you have to book online and it takes a couple of hours before you get full confirmation, I was out on the road so it didn’t help, managed to sort one at 4pm, she had to be up there at 1pm tomorrow to sign the contract and get the keys.

Steve

wobbly face

All go Steve b and hectic. Hope all goes smoothly and to plan for you. 🚛(y)
Hospital having a laugh, my mother has to collect meds from hospital again (well it'll be me). Why is it the patient that has to do all the running round, my mother's 80 with rheumatoid arthritis and no transport, 3 buses to get there and another 3 back. Taxi, how much is waiting time once at the hospital? If I take her there's no parking and then cost of parking as will have to wait for pharmacy to do meds even when ordered. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

bibio1st

Not good Ged, they should be sent out to the patient.

Today’s chaos for came about because we didn’t find out until last night the the contract had to be signed tomorrow, we thought it would be Friday or Saturday.

Steve

Novice

Car loaded with something called fly fishing tackle. I have nymphs, some dries and a box of soft hackle wet flies. Oh and some killer bugs.😀. Dug out my old Sage RPL 4wt with a Lamson 2 reel. Tapered leaders and tippet. Waders, hat and sunglasses. Lastly my net and licences. What a lot of stuff.🙈. May go after lunch as it is raining a little at the moment but nice and cool.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey with a breeze, last night's rain all dried up.
Out to ASDA, only got half of what we wanted. Mrs face not happy, she wanted to top up her mobile, tried last night but unable to connect, in store and system is down.
Phoned hospital pharmacy for my mother's meds, nothing arrived yet. :mad: Will try again after lunch. The Rheumatology dept don't work Fridays so needs sorting today.
God luck fishing SteveN. 🎣

wobbly face

I can't remember who has it these days , Paul_B Country Estate or Ged .
Errrr, it's me seeing as you, yourself, Noel got out and had a onsie the other day. 🎣 I've yet to get out since my blank last week. :eek:
Unlucky SteveN, but some action from the chub.
Well, hospital pharmacy hasn't received anything from Rheumatology dept, apparently not the first time. :rolleyes: Phoned Rheumatology and guess what??? No one in until Monday, closed Thursday and Friday, that's 2 day week this week. Last week they were closed Friday. :mad: They are suppose to give support 24/7 and dept open Mon to Fri 9 to 4:30, then they have a load of phone numbers which don't actually put you through to a person, just answer machines or auto messages. My mother has now contacted her GP surgery for advice as she needs at least one of the meds. Waiting for GP to get back to her.

banjo298

Not sure if we’re applying the mantle to salmon fishing, but if so it’s all mine. Loosing my fishing mojo again a lot lately, I’ve hardly been out at all. Decided to get of my backside and go to Alderneuk . On ringing up to book I found that they’re closed today. I should have accepted that as a sign and given up. Undeterred I went down to the river, a bad mistake. Firstly I’d mixed up my tackle. A14ft 10# rod does not cast well with a 7# line and reel normally used with my switch rod. As the river was so low and quite narrow where I’d decided fish I decided to make do, rather than go back home for the correct tackle. My casting must have been okay as I repeatedly hit the trees on the opposite bank loosing several flies. Eventually on trying to loosen yet another snagged fly, the line sprung free hurtling the cast back towards me. Seeing it coming I ducked but not fast enough. Thank god for barbless hooks, both points on a size 8 double salmon hook had not only hit my ear lobe but both points had emerged from the other side!. Being barbless I soon easily freed myself but it took ages to stop the bleeding. Just as I decided to carry on fishing it began to Chuck it down. Now at home with coffee. Never even seen a fish of any species never mind a salmon.

Novice

Blooming heck Earl. I thought I had a bad day just forgetting my net. Glad the hook was barbless. No doubt you will be getting a couple of rings for the ear seems as you self pieced.😂😂😂.
This may hurt but rubbing sat into the wound so to speak yes you get the mantle . 😇

Novice

Meet Frank my greenhouse friend.

IMG_20210603_184625.jpg

wobbly face

Blumin eck Earl! :eek: That was one bad fishing session.
Is Frank your solution to the slugs and snails SteveN???? :D🐌🐌
My mother now thinks she's being neglected by the NHS. She's not had any returned calls, not even from GP surgery.

buzzer1234

Evening guys

That sounds painful Earl, could have been a lot worse I suppose. We know where to come when we need any piercing done!!

I used to enjoy driving but not having done any longer runs for some time , I found the trip to Wales very stressful lots of traffic & lorries, stop go at times on the way back & once you leave the motorway the roads are in such bad condition there is no pleasure in driving.

Had a couple of hours or so on Dingle this evening, 6 nice fish landed & at least another 6 lost, started on dry as there were one or two topping even in the strong ripple, had one offer then they went down, caught all my fish on you guessed it egg flies!!

Going over to Hazel’s dad in the morning to break the bad news that his lady friend has passed away, he knew she was very poorly but we are not sure how he is going to react.

black knight

Evening all
Earl, My sons Steve ,Ken, and were fishing on the Annan spinning with Tobies it was very windy and Ken hooked his head on a forward cast. The large treble barbed hook firmly embedded in his scalp. He refused to go to hospital and it resisted any attempt to pull it out with pliers. We fished for three days and went home with the Toby dangling at the back of Ken's head. I removed it cutting off the barbs, cutting the scalp, which was like Rhino hide, and pulling with pliers.
Steve N if Frank has any mates ship one down to me the wife wants a frog in our nature garden. I've had two houses with large ornamental ponds. The frogs came every year.