What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Is this Dingle reservoir off Belmont road?
If so from where does one purchase day tickets?
Ta
Gary
Hi Gary, day permits are available from the Trophy shop at the bottom of Belmont road ( near junction with Blackburn road, day tickets £30 evening tickets £20 4pm. till dusk.

banjo298

Stupidly fought my loss of mojo and tried the river again tonight. Tried a different beat and kept my ear well protected. Three hours of casting straight into the wind, at least I had the right line for the rod this time. Not a nibble, didn’t even see a fish rise of any sort. I don’t really expect to catch a salmon but would not mind seeing one now and then. The worrying thing is that I’m not seeing ant trout or grayling either. I’ve all ways argued with people who say the Nith is dead bit, I’m beginning to agree with them.

banjo298

If you remember a couple of weeks back I broke the basin in the downstairs loo, resulting in Sue demanding a newly designed room not just a basin replacement. The new cloakroom will cost just over £2000 plus labour! Worse, due to covid, work is not not likely to start before October !

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and damp. Hooorayyyy, but nowhere near enough wet stuff. :rolleyes: Will I be posting that when we have floods???? :oops:
Spent quite sometime last night with online banking, got nowhere but in circles. Phone call this morning, just over an hour on phone and guess what? Still got nowhere. 😖 Try our mobile app, NO THANY YOU, go to your nearest (no longer local) branch and pseek with your personal banking manager (appointment necessary o_O). Right, second phone call made and got told auth card dispatched yesterday. :unsure: Originally told 5 days for dispatch, now it's 10 days for dispatch, this has taken 11 so far and that's when taking in bank holiday, all days are working days only.
You'll be more careful when next using the basin Earl. :) Better still, don't use it and see what Sue says when you stink. :D

bibio1st

Ged, how many sections on the Fish on French leader, mine has been trashed, no ones owning up but I suspect some of it's been up a hoover:eek: It's got the long thick end down to the first knotted bit then a second section to a knot then about 6inch of ragged line, was going to try and fix it up myself with line I have.

Grey and cloudy here but no rain, non really forcast for the next week.

Not sure whats going on with the PO, sent some flies to a chap who'd bought a rod from me, posted over 3 weeks ago, not arrived, I put somemore in the post signed for delivery on the 1st June, they haven't arrived yet, checked on the number, all it says is the PO have them and will update when they try and deliver:rolleyes:

Steve

wobbly face

Hi Steve b.
Depends on the French leader, standard, enhanced or presentation. Standard has 5 sections, enhanced 6 and presentation 7. That is all sections including butt to tip before any indicators or tippet added. Sounds like you're missing last 3 sections if a standard French leader, 3rd section being the ragged bit that you might want to replace.

bibio1st

Ok, thanks for that, MrsB was tidying the garage after moving the daughters stuff out, I’ll check the Hoover for the other half🙄

Steve

wobbly face

Steve b. If it look like it has been chewed by a dog 🐩when you find it, then ditch it. 🕳️
Add 0.370mm diameter 59cm length (51cm after knotting), then add 0.310mm d at 53.5cm (46cm after knotting) and lastly 0.260mm d at 61cm (61cm after knotting). Boil in 500ml water with 21ml white vinegar added. Join lengths with 4 turn blood knots on each side. Trim any tags after boiling.
I believe the FishOn leaders are made using Diawa Sensor.

buzzer1234

Hard luck on the river Earl, doesn’t sound like it’s producing much.

In town shopping again this morning then this afternoon a commission tying 3 dozen egg flies for a friend on Dingle.

Might get out for a few hours In the morning depends how I sleep tonight, last night I only got about three hours sleep.

black knight

Steve B
I was reliably informed that Prince Albert are selling day tickets for Stocks bank only. I will check before I go and if correct ask for the point of purchase and how many tickets do they issue per day?

bibio1st

Alban, only one reply so far but it’s as I thought, no day tickets but a season ticket for £75 for non members, I’ll up date if I hear different.

Steve

Novice

PAAS have Just bought what was a free stretch on the river Ribble. A great stretch for some quality winter Perch. They must have plenty of money.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
After a grey start it's now sunshine with white fluffy clouds and a cool breeze.
Spent the morning doing the front garden, garden waste bin now full. Will just have to leave the back garden until the bin is emptied. Tut!!! :D
SteveN, PAAS has LOADS OF MONEY. Plus they'll buy anything. :rolleyes:
Is Stocks worth £75 pa? No boats, different stocking policy, if they stock at all! Can't argue with the beauty of the place though. :)

Vintage Badger

PAAS have Just bought what was a free stretch on the river Ribble. A great stretch for some quality winter Perch. They must have plenty of money.
I think they're the biggest angling club in the UK now, so probably have quite a bit of revenue from subscriptions coming in.

buzzer1234

Pass the mantle!! Went to Dingle this morning very windy & cold, the far end with the wind behind them was taken by several fishermen, so decided to fish near the cabin, nothing rising & big waves made presentation difficult, had one offer that was it, came off after a couple of hours, got back to the car & spoke to one of the members who was just coming on, he mentioned that people were doing well on my egg flies that I had given to a few members so gave him half a dozen, will have to get tying again.

bibio1st

Hard luck Tom, I was going to go to Lamaload with the rivers being low and clear but had second thoughts when I realised how windy it was, went on the Goyt instead not really expecting much as my two previous visits this year had been very poor, started on the dry fly on a pool that generally produces, no rises so fished it again on the nymphs, lost a fish second cast and had two others, stayed on the nymphs and had another 8 from this bottom section of river, all trout, a bit of a drive to the next bit as the usual road was closed, the top section fished slightly better with another 12 trout and one oos grayling, glad I changed my mind on where to go.
6F552CAC-4AEC-421E-BB8F-226E2245D591.jpeg

3DE972F6-C50E-4D0A-B771-7EFC2867794F.jpeg

Steve

black knight

Hi all
Well done Steve B hard luck Tom. I'm going to Dinkley tomorrow with some of my grandchildren. I fished the Ribble at Dinkley and Salewheel Woods for many years on CWS permit. I started there at 11 years old coarse fishing. My father, who never fished, came with me one day enjoyed himself and took up fishing. I spent a lot of time undoing the birds nests he made.These were happy times

Latest posts