What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Grey and very still here this morning.
I've never fished there Alban, only walked it a few times. I did fish below Ribchester bridge just down river. It was a free stretch at the time, very shallow but I did managed a brown fly fishing.

buzzer1234

One of my old haunts Sale wheel pool & below had some great times there. Used to camp on the other side to, ok as long as you asked farmer for permission.

Been watching Granddaughter play football on the junior school football ground , they have all been round for sausage sandwiches & we are watching Grandson play a football match on Brinscall cricket ground at 12 o’clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo298

it’s all due to covid. Whilst in lock down the fitter was telling us that they were not allowed to do any inside work unless it was either an emergency, or the house was empty , so now they are doing work that was booked back on February!

black knight

Steve, if you have set your heart on it you'll buy it and maybe sell one to compensate or maybe not.
Salewheel woods nearly killed me. Fifty or so deep steps on a forest track sloping at 30%. the path was a mix of hard clay and loose grit on top. I tried to get down but found myself slipping. I had to be assisted by my children. Coming back was much easier thankfully. I fished the river at Salewheel when I was about 12 for thee years. It was great reliving old memories.

buzzer1234

Noel has contacted me on messenger & says he can’t get onto the forum either on his phone or his computer, I have sent a message to management to see if he has been locked out of his account for some reason.

Pass for tomorrow, hope I do better than I did on Saturday!!

Novice

Not too bad a start today. Off to the lakes this afternoon for afternoon tea. My brothers wedding anniversary. Hope the sun come out so we can sit outside.

opening day on the river tomorrow but yours truly has taxi duties so no fishing for me. If it is fit I will be out on Thursday. If it is thundering I could use my glass rod to be safe. ⚡️🌩⛈

gjhimages

Is anyone on here a member of haslingden fly fishing club?
I have applied via the website and by e-mail to join the waiting list for next year but have not received a reply or acknowledgment from either
is there any other way to contact them?
Thanks
Gary

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Much better than yesterday being bright with a breeze. But what happened to the rain???
Had to rescue a bee, second time one has got trapped between the runner of patio doors. Had to construct a ramp of kinds from paper for it to climb up. It didn't even wave goodbye when it left for FREEDOM. :cry:
Big clean up in the dining room this morning, just had lunch when the UPS man arrived with a parcel, well two but both went together. New patio door blinds. So, after a bit of wall drilling new blinds are up and looking good. Oh yes, a second clean of the dining room.
Gary, unclealec on the forum joined Haslingdon. Send him a PM. Unfortunately I've no contact details other than Bill Monks. Bill might still be on the committee. I'll pm you his details.

noel

Since my fall at Tunstall I have been banned from fishing there until it refills .
0607bf5660f23fdf9429146e6e4bb8d8.jpg
2f4cbf180c2aed8a6f70220271c95378.jpg
fd08cc9989b92afaa121a6f978bd6919.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk