What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Glad you’re back on line Noel.

Had an early start on Dingle, flat calm & got eaten alive with those tiny midges, wasn’t until the wind got up a bit that I had some peace.
Fishing was hard did have quite a few offers but they were leaving it after the first pull, lost a cracker of a fish which took me down to the backing I eventually stopped & turned it but on the way in the hook pulled out.

Had takes on popper hoper, small dry midge, cruncher & egg flies, ended the morning on three fish lost & one landed, a few May flys coming off but not much else.

bibio1st

Errwood has the same tiny midges, drive you crazy at times and can even get through the fine holes on midge net :eek:

Noel, there has to be other places to fish up around you surely.

Steve

bibio1st

They snort that stuff for fun at Errwood and laugh at you, tried lots of so called wonder stuff with no noticeable difference, once the wind drops go home or sit in the car for a while until it blows up again.

Steve

noel

Errwood has the same tiny midges, drive you crazy at times and can even get through the fine holes on midge net :eek:

Noel, there has to be other places to fish up around you surely.

Steve
Steve we have Blencarn and Langley Dam .

wobbly face

Tough going again for you Tom but well done with the onsie. 🎣
Yep, it's that time of year for biting midges. 👿🪰 Midge repellents don't actually stop them biting you, it just make you taste nasty. :sick: As for midge nets, you have to make sure you get the right one. Some are for mossies, they have larger mesh so no good for our midges. Plus you have to make sure the net is well tucked in so they can't get round it such as neck hole.

black knight

Hi Noel
I fished a reservoir that looked a lot like Tunstall. I had the same treacherous slippy mud and sinking mud at the water's edge. My fishing rod line and reel became coated in the stuff and worst of all I slipped and fell. I didn't fish there until it filled and the mud was covered. It ruined my fly lines and scratched my rods. My reels had to be stripped and thoroughly cleaned in soapy water. Oh yes my wellies had a new two in mud sole.

gjhimages

Had a couple of hours on the Irwell around the bypass bridge just before rawtenstall
Nowt doing
A few shopping trolleys,garden chairs and a baby walker in the water probably didn't help.

Saw a couple of dead fish maybe 8" not sure what they where as we couldn't get near enough to check

At least the new maxcatch rod,reel and line got an outing

GEK79

Had a couple of hours on the Irwell around the bypass bridge just before rawtenstall
Nowt doing
A few shopping trolleys,garden chairs and a baby walker in the water probably didn't help.

Saw a couple of dead fish maybe 8" not sure what they where as we couldn't get near enough to check

At least the new maxcatch rod,reel and line got an outing
If there are dead fish then that's a big problem can you contact the fisheries department.. 👍👍

Novice

First one.
FB_IMG_1623857085890.jpg

wobbly face

Evening guys.
It's been bright and breezy though had a bit of cloud cover late afternoon before being bright again.
Unlucky Gary on the Irwell. Those fish could have come down the Limy from that pollution incident last week.
your strawberries are bit late SteveN, Mrs face has been munching own grown (and some from the brother in law) for last few weeks. :D
Me and brother in law had a late start to the day in a river. Had fish topping as we started but nothing doing, b i l just had the one offer to his dry. I went with duo, a new dry and nymph. I managed just one to the nymph, a nice brown. Due to lack of interest, I changed flies to my tried and trusted duo combo. (y) I fished these for the rest of the day and ended with 9 fish. 6 browns with one taking the dry and 3 grayling with one taking the dry. The fish that took the dry were the best of the day. B i l managed 4 browns to nymph and a very nice grayling to end on, again on a nymph. Christened his rod on second outing. He deserved it as he fell down the banking at one point and ended full in the river. He carried a leg full of water for the last hour or so in his waders. :ROFLMAO: We came across a smelly dead chub of about 3lb and later a very smelly and well rotted dead sheep.