What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Morning. Up not too early. Having a coffee then load the car. Off to a low clear river for my first chub fishing day. Probably stick to surface lures but will try a few tiny frogs on the bottom.
Looks over cast and no rain. Hopefully to thunder ir⚡⛈️🌩️.
Should be back for a late lunch.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Cloudy start but it's high cloud (no, not cloud tripping out of funny stuff).
Going to replace dry fly that b i l nicked yesterday 🪰. Can't do with empty spot in fly box. :(
Have fun SteveN and good luck. 🎣

Novice

A good day SteveN , may I ask where is the landing net handle from ?
It’s a street fishing telescopic net Noel. Had a couple of years now. Broke with a double figure pike so it is shorter now. You can get them with a flip net which is better for wandering. I forget who makes them now.

Fox Rage street fighter landing nets. Not cheap. Better than mine which I think is a Spro.

buzzer1234

Well done on the river yesterday Ged a good tally.

Good start to the coarse fishing season Steve, I must get on the river myself.

Had the morning on Dingle, stiffish breeze but overcast, hard going again plenty of offers to various dry flys but only landed two & lost two to black hopper popper. Tried Egg flys nymphs buzzers below the surface but only had takes to the egg flys but none resulted in hooked fish.
When I decided to leave I worked my way along the dam using a cdc dry again had several offers but no fish.
A few midges coming off but only in small numbers as with the May Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novice

Morning everyone. Shopping day today plus two online deliveries. Added a couple of beers to the shopping list for the big match tonight.
An important delivery coming too. I am so excited.
My hands have recovered from nettle stings. Just a bait still on my fingers. Another hazard of wild fishing.

Double does for dad on Sunday. Birthday and Father’s Day. I asked what he would like for his birthday. He replied ”nothing”. He is sulking because we cannot take him out. He is just not fit enough. I doubt he would get out of the car. Got a treat planned for him at his home though.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Cloudy and breezy but still very dry.
Had a power cut last night, still got alarms going off. The leccy board recon there was no power cut!!!! :unsure: It was only off for few seconds but a power cut it was. ⚡✂️ Had to reset clocks and alarm. In fact, when the leccy came back on,. it blew a fuse in the alarm. Not just my alarm but also my mother's and brother in law. Luckily I had a spare and so too did my mother, brother in law went out to buy some. I need to go and get a few for spare.

Novice

Probably no explanation either SteveN!
You are right no explanation. Contacted Ups for redelivery to home address. Hopefully arriving Monday or Tuesday.

The seller said it would be sent to the address I provided. In this case C&C Argos. Howe’ve er if the eCP number ( reference number used by Argos) is not on the address label it will be refused by Argos. So it could be that, deemed too long or ups did not deliver it.

Last edited:

Novice

You are right no explanation. Contacted Ups for redelivery to home address. Hopefully arriving Monday or Tuesday.

The seller said it would be sent to the address I provided. In this case C&C Argos. Howe’ve er if the eCP number ( reference number used by Argos) is not on the address label it will be refused by Argos. So it could be that, deemed too long or ups did not deliver it.

Turns out sender did not include the eCP number. Had a call to confirm new delivery address.

buzzer1234

Attachments

• DD8DA5CD-1BF4-4B7E-A0CF-EA3F005EDAA0.jpeg
    DD8DA5CD-1BF4-4B7E-A0CF-EA3F005EDAA0.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 24

bibio1st

Just great. Argos in Sainsbury refused to take delivery of my parcel. No idea where it is now or even if I will get it.

I’ve had issues with postage, sent some flies over to Northern Ireland 1st class, not arrived so I sent some more signed for delivery, they haven’t arrived, posted on the 1st June, Royal Mail say by now consider them lost🙄, I went online to fill a claim form in but as I have no receipts apart from postage cost the claim is rejected, almost a box of hooks and beads plus other bits, annoying that two letters go missing.

Steve

Latest posts