What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Paul_B

I'm getting ready for the mrs coming home, then shes back in hospital next week for her 6th and final session of chemo.
They have a bell ringing party for the final session, so I've bought her a new shiny bell as she can't get out of bed to reach the ward one.

Next step Birmingham

black knight

Evening lads
Vanita bought a flat pack shed and I had a go at putting it up.I struggled getting screws into damp hard timber so pre-drilled.When it came to putting the front panel on it was too short. I asked my new neighbour a retired joiner to have a look. He took everything apart,started again, and erected the shed in an hour and a half. I'm hanging up my tools.

bibio1st

Evening lads
Vanita bought a flat pack shed and I had a go at putting it up.I struggled getting screws into damp hard timber so pre-drilled.When it came to putting the front panel on it was too short. I asked my new neighbour a retired joiner to have a look. He took everything apart,started again, and erected the shed in an hour and a half. I'm hanging up my tools.

I’d get the neighbour to put the hook up though Alban 😁

Steve

noel

Just out of bed as it has not stopped raining since we went to bed , we need it , took Agnes to Tunstall yesterday for a run out and it's almost dry , you can see the bottom of the reservoir. Blencarn can whistle .

wobbly face

Morning guys.
It was officially WET🌧️ a bit earlier. Not enough or heavy enough to make any difference to river levels yet. The rain has stopped at present.
I had no leccy power to the boiler this morning (not that Mrs face needs any leccy power). Anyway, whilst checking things out, the fused switched blew. Nothing like a big flash ⚡, bang 💣wallop to wake you up in a morning. :giggle: Luckily, I had a spare fused switch as the old one looked quite corroded. Job done. (y)

black knight

You're a bit of a wiz with electrics Ged is there a frustrated electrician in there somewhere?
I have still to felt the shed roof but can't remember where to put the front roof edging strip on top of the felt then fold it over or nail the felt down and fix the edging strip on top. What would you do?
Mercifully, it has been raining here so I'm excused DIY duties.
It's two weeks since my eye op and have a further two weeks before I can do things that require exertion.
Have read about Matt Hancock he's been exerting himself with a lady from work.

Vintage Badger

I have still to felt the shed roof but can't remember where to put the front roof edging strip on top of the felt then fold it over or nail the felt down and fix the edging strip on top. What would you do?
I've always put the felt on, then tacked it down along the edges, and then fitted any wood edge trim on the gable ends. I don't use wood trim on the eaves as this just seems to rot over the years and form a narrow strip of moss between the felt and the wooden strip.

The only real issue you might have is putting one of the nails in the edging strip in the same place as one of the flat headed tacks holding the felt on... so check the position of these before putting any nails or screws in the edging boards. Hope this is useful.

wobbly face

Alban, not a frustrated electrician though my father was an electrician so learnt from him. Basics mind you. :giggle: When it came to felting my old wood shed roof, I used staples on the underside of roof eaves. As VB posted, you get loads of moss between any wood roof trim and roof. I soon did away with mine. I've since replaced wood shed with a metal one. A million and screws though.

buzzer1234

Went for a few hours to local yesterday afternoon, wind really got up later but managed four to dry fly & about five lost.

Been to Barton Grange this morning spending some of my Birthday vouchers over £70 on plants, it was very quiet which is what we wanted. Had a brew & brought home some goodies from the farm shop.😃

Paul_B

Went for a few hours to local yesterday afternoon, wind really got up later but managed four to dry fly & about five lost.

Been to Barton Grange this morning spending some of my Birthday vouchers over £70 on plants, it was very quiet which is what we wanted. Had a brew & brought home some goodies from the farm shop.😃

Plants are like fishing tackle, you can never have too many 🪴:whistle:

Novice

Rivers full again. Too full but hopefully it will be just right next week.

Off up to dads to fit him a new tv in his bedroom. Nice of my brother to get it for his 93rd birthday then give me the job of fitting it. I had to buy an extension lead. Aerial lead and wall bracket too. Thanks bro’ .

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Dry here this morning and very little breeze, cloud starting to break up. What rain fell hasn't done anything to increase river or res levels here.
Just waiting for my mother to get back from shopping so she can give me her shopping list! :unsure:😕

Novice

TV up.
EFD7D8F0-C841-4857-8019-733066F782D9.jpeg

noel

Been home for a couple of hours now , it's still miserable but not as bad as at the static.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Whilst the boss went to Sliming world to get weighed this morning I went fishing. 🎣
Hard going hardly anything rising, I did try a dry fly but only had nudges of the fly, went on to egg flies & managed to land two but lost three, most takes we’re just one tug then they let go & didn’t come back.

This afternoon called to see Hazel’s dad then went out to Curleys with brother in law & family for a coffee & catch up.

Weather supposed to be better next week Noel, pity you have had rain up at the cabin.

Latest posts